LizzieBee

Likelihood of MENA K-1 rejection?

20 posts in this topic

It is unusual for the Consulate to doubt the motivation of the USC.

I understand. My fiance is very shy and quiet, so he may not make the best impression on the CO. Oh well, I love what Heather (?) said above. I know that he is sincere. I know that I am sincere. I know that we are in love and planning to spend the rest of our lives together. Red flags be damned; the truth should prevail. All I can do is keep a positive attitude at this point.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, that's the thing to hold on to... despite apparent complications in your relationship or status, you qualify for the visa and you both have sincere intentions. I'm sure you will be approved.

Isn't it crazy how complicated immigration law makes our lives? :rolleyes:

We met when Heather travelled to Egypt to be an au pair!

Our K1 Visa Journey:

12/19/12- NOA1 -VSC

--- moved to "another office" 5/24/13

--- moved to "local office" 5/29/13

--- "is now being processed at a USCIS office" 5/30/13 ... what??

5/30/13- Transfer to TSC

6/18/13- NOA2

7/16/13- NVC Assigned Case #

7/29/13- Case Arrived at Embassy

7/31/13- Packet 3 Received (completed and sent back in 5 days)

1/16/14- Interview Assigned

1/21/14- Interview

2/03/14- Visa Issued!!

4/09/14- Entry into America (JFK)

4/23/14- MARRIED in local courthouse

4/29/14- AoS packet completed and mailed

5/02/14- NoA for AoS received

5/09/14- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

6/04/14- Biometrics Appointment

7/30/14- EAD/AP Combo Card Received in Mail

Need help with your visa but don't want to pay expensive legal fees? Take an online course --> www.myvisaclassroom.com

• 1 year later...

Hello all! It is incredible to me, that two people who love each other, have proof of a solid marriage can not even be given the opportunity to show that proof and that is exactly what happened to my husband on the 24th of February, just one week ago, at the Embassy in Cairo. She refused the evidence he offered her, made light of the fact that he has 5 brothers and 4 sisters.....and more....and refused us without putting the reason for denial on the paper!. She told him it was because I am more than XX years older than my husband!!! We have been together 8 years, married for almost three of those years and she, gave herself the right to destroy our marriage without seeing any evidence at all....She didn't even sign her name on the refusal letter. We have no strikes against us...we are solid, law abiding people who adore each other and just want the right to live together as husband and wife as God intended us to do. This CO was so incredibly sarcastic and rude to my husband that it makes me sick. I am going to contact the Embassy in Cairo today, asking for the reason on paper, for the denial. We are totally heartbroken after all of these years, to be denied when we have volumes of evidence proving our marriage. Any advice would be very much appreciated...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello all! It is incredible to me, that two people who love each other, have proof of a solid marriage can not even be given the opportunity to show that proof and that is exactly what happened to my husband on the 24th of February, just one week ago, at the Embassy in Cairo. She refused the evidence he offered her, made light of the fact that he has 5 brothers and 4 sisters.....and more....and refused us without putting the reason for denial on the paper!. She told him it was because I am more than XX years older than my husband!!! We have been together 8 years, married for almost three of those years and she, gave herself the right to destroy our marriage without seeing any evidence at all....She didn't even sign her name on the refusal letter. We have no strikes against us...we are solid, law abiding people who adore each other and just want the right to live together as husband and wife as God intended us to do. This CO was so incredibly sarcastic and rude to my husband that it makes me sick. I am going to contact the Embassy in Cairo today, asking for the reason on paper, for the denial. We are totally heartbroken after all of these years, to be denied when we have volumes of evidence proving our marriage. Any advice would be very much appreciated...

Oops, wrong thread.

Anyway, so you have been together for 8 years? You were living in Egypt?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

What sticky? I don't see a sticky about rejections at the top of the MENA forum. Is it in a different forum?

Yes, we have some red flags, but we have also submitted a lot of proof of our relationship: letters from all of our parents, letters from friends, proof of wedding plans, etc. etc.

I'm more worried about a rejection because of the sponsor papers. I'm unemployed and using child support, alimony, and rental income to provide proof that I can sponsor him. I also have a lot of "net worth" in the form of home equity and whatnot, but I just don't know what to expect.

Anyway, I was more interested in just a general feeling of what is normal for other people. More from an academic perspective because I'm curious about it.

I would look for a co sponser if they allow it. I know assets have to be 3 times the amount and need to be second homes etc efc. if your alimony will stop when married I can't see this being used. Not sure the dynamics of your household as far as dependants etc.

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.