DC85

I-751 April 2014 Filers

1,557 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I'm really concerned about my GC. I submitted my case in April 2014. Vermont received it on April 29th. For a long time I couldn't check my status online. It had been showing a message that my case was not found. So, I called them up in December. The officer gave me another number. Now, I'm able to check my status online and It's still pending. Is anybody else in the same situation or had the same delays before? I've looked at some cases here and most of the people have already received it. Is it anything to worry about? Thank you for any info!

Hey guys! I just called VSC and spoke with an officer regarding my case status. He told me that it's still pending. It just passed background check and officer has to make a decision within 30 days. If I don't hear from them after 30 days , I will have to call them again. Does anyone know if its good news or bed news?

Thank you for help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey guys! I just called VSC and spoke with an officer regarding my case status. He told me that it's still pending. It just passed background check and officer has to make a decision within 30 days. If I don't hear from them after 30 days , I will have to call them again. Does anyone know if its good news or bed news?

Thank you for help!

It took until this day to pass background check? I think their making excuses!!! What ####### have to deal with USCIS.. I can understand your frustration.. While understanding your frustration .. I too am frustrated.. Hopefully u get approval soon.. And no RFE.. Best of luck

Timeline

Thanks! Yes, mine was received in Vermont on Jan 23rd, got approval text today Feb 17th, so by that time frame, you should expect a response by the end of Feb. Good luck!

Hey MDBR, did you ever get approval letter or just the text messaging say case update and card was ordered?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey MDBR, did you ever get approval letter or just the text messaging say case update and card was ordered?

So far I just got the text message, then saw the USCIS for more information. They might've mailed a letter as well, but I didn't receive it yet.

Green card through marriage process:

Dec 6th 2011(day 0): Sent AOS package
Dec 12th (day 6): Appt received
Dec 15th (day 9): Received txts/emails
Dec 20th (day 14): NOA1 received
Dec 22th (day 16): Biometrics appt received scheduled for Jan 13th
Dec 28th (day 22): Biometrics walk-in at Varick location in NYC
Feb 14th 2012 (day 70): I-765 case update: EAD Card production
Feb 17th (day 73): I-765 case update: EAD Card production (again?)
Feb 21st (day 77): I-765 case update: EAD mailed by USPS
Feb 24th (day 80): EAD delivered!!!
Feb 27th (day 83): Applied for a SS card
Mar 2nd (day 87): SS card in hand
Mar28th (day 113): Interview date received through txt/ email for May 3rd
May 3rd (day 149): Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC
May 4th (day 150); txt/email that I-130 was approved!!!
May 16th (day 162): txt/email GC in production
May 19th (day 165): Green Card received!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

April 24th: I-751 Sent to Vermont center

April 25th: I-751 Received

Nov 14th: RFE Received

Jan 23rd 2015: RFE Responded

Feb 12th 2015: Decision date on I-797: APPROVED!

Feb 17th 2015: Card production ordered

Feb 26th 2015: 10 year green card received

Timeline

So far I just got the text message, then saw the USCIS for more information. They might've mailed a letter as well, but I didn't receive it yet.

Hey thanks... I just saw that they have assigned an officer to my case request for updates yesterday. Anyways thank you very much, as u should know the frustration feeling lmao

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey thanks... I just saw that they have assigned an officer to my case request for updates yesterday. Anyways thank you very much, as u should know the frustration feeling lmao

where did you see that they assigned your case to an officer?

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

05/16/2018: Received Date/ Priority Date - NOA Received

05/25/2018: Received NOA Bio-metrics for I485 Appt: 06/10/2018

06/10/2018: Bio-metrics are completed

06/12/2018: Received RFE requesting for a Birth Certificate for both parents

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/02/2018: Online status changed to " Request for Evidence was Received"

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

09/14/2018: I131 Parole document was Approved

Timeline

where did you see that they assigned your case to an officer?

I signed up for online account to check case status... When u add the case... Click on your receipt number and it will show u case history

It has been 45 days since I sent my RFE. I read somewhere that you can email USCIS because there is no point of calling. All they can tell me is to wait until 60 days period is over and then call. Have anyone done info pass or email inquiry about their case after RFE sent?

Timeline

I signed up for online account to check case status... When u add the case... Click on your receipt number and it will show u case history

Got it thank you!

My case history is still blank. :)

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all

I had filled i751 for my wife on April 24 2014. We had sent in 2012 and 2013 IRS transcripts filing jointly, 2 years worth bank statements, pictures, affidavits, residential lease, hospital cards, ID with same address and couple of other stuff. Received an RFE on Nov 10 and responded on Dec 3. I thought we sent in enough evidence...we called them on Feb 4 to find out what's going on. Received a letter on Feb 10 stating they are awaiting to schedule an interview at local office.

Did that call somehow trigger that interview?? Sending a letter for interview after 10 months? Hmm we're a legit couple! ... I just don't understand.

Timeline

Hi all

I had filled i751 for my wife on April 24 2014. We had sent in 2012 and 2013 IRS transcripts filing jointly, 2 years worth bank statements, pictures, affidavits, residential lease, hospital cards, ID with same address and couple of other stuff. Received an RFE on Nov 10 and responded on Dec 3. I thought we sent in enough evidence...we called them on Feb 4 to find out what's going on. Received a letter on Feb 10 stating they are awaiting to schedule an interview at local office.

Did that call somehow trigger that interview?? Sending a letter for interview after 10 months? Hmm we're a legit couple! ... I just don't understand.

I guess you should be ok!! I have seen 3-4 couples being asked to come for an interview. Its their regular process to clear their doubts, You'll get through don't worry.

Timeline

Thanks Nevin. Just waiting for the interview letter. And sorry to hear that george. Hopefully everything will be ok for you.

Thank You very much ABR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.