-no Indian restaurants!

-everything is far away

Things I like about the south:

-Barbeque

-beaches

-warm winters

and that's about it!

but ...

all of your hates can be found just about anywhere, not just the south. And we have kick ### bbq here in the midwest :)

damn right, we do...

and we like to deep fry everything......fish, cheese, broccoli......wait, thats not just a wisconsin thing is it???

I aint cool enough for a signature.....

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

THings I specifically HATE about living in the south

-bible thumpers

-ignorant attitudes

-ignorant accents

-people with rotten teeth

-lack of produce in the supermarkets

-bugs

-confederate flag flying

-NO racial diversity outside of black/white

-no Indian restaurants!

-everything is far away

-Barbeque

-beaches

Faith where you from?

-warm winters

and that's about it!

but ...

all of your hates can be found just about anywhere, not just the south. And we have kick ### bbq here in the midwest :)

damn right, we do...

ok NOOOOOOOOO we have the best azz kicken BBQ in Texas. every self respecting texan knows that..

geez.. :yes:

tell you what.. you bring me some of your bbq and i'll give you some of ours and we'll see which we like better :P

shon.gif

I hate universal and gerneralizations too.

but, having said that TEXAS MAKES THE BEST DAYUM BBQ.

in the south BBQ has Mustard ####### in here. whats with that?

Hmm, I think that is just a specific place to place thing, not really all of the south. The BBQ I love the most that I get in Huntsville is kind of a dry bbq (no sauce, just pulled pork with lots of spices). Lots of places do it differently I think. Never seen BBQ with mustard stuff in it!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

They're still pissed they lost the 'War' and are taking it out on yankees and foreigners.

I have a friend (yankee) working in Tennessee and he says the locals are nice to his face but don't want to socialize with outsiders outside of work.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

THings I specifically HATE about living in the south

-bible thumpers

-ignorant attitudes

-ignorant accents

-people with rotten teeth

-lack of produce in the supermarkets

-bugs

-confederate flag flying

-NO racial diversity outside of black/white

-no Indian restaurants!

-everything is far away

-Barbeque

-beaches

-warm winters

and that's about it!

but ...

damn right, we do...

and we like to deep fry everything......fish, cheese, broccoli......wait, thats not just a wisconsin thing is it???

oh no, we deep fry everything here too. I remember one time my ex and I decided to have a deep fried day... we deep fried everything: cheese, zucchini, okra, broccoli, califlower, pickles, I can't even remember what all we deep fried. I've had a hard time convincing my husband that the deep fryer is made to be used at least 3 times per week :P

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I've lived in the coolest town in Georgia for a while and I wouldn't move back there if I can avoid it. I got stared at for having short hair, for walking around with my one of my best friends who happened to be black (people crossed the street when they saw us downtown), and for hanging out with a bunch of guys and shooting pool. Every time I walked around with my husband people yelled homophobic comments at us(we still have no idea why). My roommate's mother stopped talking to me because I didn't send her a condolence card when her mom died and I was in the middle of a bout of depression coupled with a nasty case of the flu.

My students were nuts, my colleagues were worse. Everything was about manner and acting the right way at the right time. People ask you "what church do you go to" before wondering what your name is.

I still go to the South quite often because my in-laws live there. And I like them I just wish they could relax some and be true to themselves. It drives me nuts that everyone in the South is nice but you never know if they mean it (my husband doesn't know and he is from the South).

Moving to Indiana (of all places) felt like a personal liberation; I was totally exited to find out that there were mixed-race couples who held hands in public and that people did not just scream some redneck comments out of their cars.

My goal in life is to move somewhere where people just let you be. No rules, and I prefer East Coast rudeness to Southern fakeness any time; at least you're free to snap back....

Sorry but the South just makes me rant ;)

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Timeline
faith where are you from?

on the illinois side of st. louis... a town called belleville, illinois

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Definitely not a Wisconsin thing, I can't remember what city it is (not in AL though) in the South that has some big fried festival, I saw it on TV. Fried oreos, snickers, twinkies.....it all sounds sick to me!

Fried broccoli? :blink:

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

Definitely not a Wisconsin thing, I can't remember what city it is (not in AL though) in the South that has some big fried festival, I saw it on TV. Fried oreos, snickers, twinkies.....it all sounds sick to me!

i've learned that you can deep fry just about anything :yes:

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

I hate universal and gerneralizations too.

but, having said that TEXAS MAKES THE BEST DAYUM BBQ.

in the south BBQ has Mustard ####### in here. whats with that?

Hmm, I think that is just a specific place to place thing, not really all of the south. The BBQ I love the most that I get in Huntsville is kind of a dry bbq (no sauce, just pulled pork with lots of spices). Lots of places do it differently I think. Never seen BBQ with mustard stuff in it!

well you are lucky not to have been subjected to mustard BBQ sauce. now come to texas

we have the Dry BBQ ribs and brisket. < dont ask me what a brisket is > all I know its

home grown on a cow.

shon.gif

I wish I'd have a ticket back south right now. I miss the south. A lot

SO glad i'm not alone. I LOVE Living in the south. Always have, always will.

Oh good...cos that's where I'm headed... :lol::thumbs:

Ditto :lol:

Weshbun stop stalking me :no::D

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

oh at the texas state fair someone made some nasty azz fried twinkies.

talk about a heart attack on a plate!

shon.gif

Oh I'm not doubting it's possible, I just can't see how it would taste good! :P

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

Oh I'm not doubting it's possible, I just can't see how it would taste good! :P

it's all in the batter you use......

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

March 10, 2008 NOA 1