Luthias&Lee

lets have some fun

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let's have some fun. I have not been to the Philippines yet. What is your favorite food you tried and what food you just can't stand yet your wife finds it funny because she loves it.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let's have some fun. I have not been to the Philippines yet. What is your favorite food you tried and what food you just can't stand yet your wife finds it funny because she loves it.

You have never been to the Philippines? How did you get married, did you wife come to the USA?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We are not married yet. We been together for 13 months. We are going to get married this year I was single for 9 years because I could not feel for any woman I met. The first time we talked I know she was the missing part of my soul. Life just was getting me ready for her and I am sometimes hard lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are not married yet. We been together for 13 months. We are going to get married this year I was single for 9 years because I could not feel for any woman I met. The first time we talked I know she was the missing part of my soul. Life just was getting me ready for her and I am sometimes hard lol

So you have never been to the Philippines and you have been "together" with her for 13 months? You have been single for 9 years because you could not feel for any woman you met? Then you "talked" to your Filipina and she was the "Missing part of your Soul"? Oh My!!

Did you talk to her on the internet or the phone or? Im curious how you determined she was the missing part of your soul.

Have you ever Met her? Most important has she ever met you?

Your post sounds a little creepy.

What does this part actually mean?

"Life just was getting me ready for her and I am sometimes hard lol"

Dec 12th, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox.

Dec 13th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Dec 18th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Dec 20th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says December 17th.

Jan 24th, 2014 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Feb 12th, 2014 - NVC has received our approved I-129F and we were given a Case #

March 15th, 2014 - Passed St. Luke's Medical Exam

March 15. 2014 - Rescheduled Embassy Appointment to March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 - Visa Approved! :dance:

Timeline

I mean hard to deal with sometimes because I'm stubborn. Yes we talk all the time on Skype. I don't see how my post was creepy. That truth is you will know your soulmate when you meet her.

The post is about food, right? I loved the seafood there, especially the stuffed squid. But, unlike the others that have replied I am not a "rocked scientist." The shrimp were much bigger than I expected and they did eat shrimp with everything. But the Lobster(s) were smaller... But, all the seafood, see food and eat it, was delicious..

Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you going to meet her and spend time getting to know her one-on-one in person BEFORE getting married?

Or K-1 Visa Journey:

- November 9th, 2013 : Sent I-129f package (FedEx)

- November 15th, 2013: Check was Cashed

- November 15th, 2013: NOA1 e-mail notification (TSC) smile.png

- November 21st, 2013: NOA1 Hard Copy arrived. (Official Notification Date - Nov 14th)

- November 21st, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

- February 7th, 2014: NOA2 received by text & email!! (85 days from NOA1 to NOA2) dancin5hr.gif heart.gif

- February 13th, 2014 (14th in Philippines...Happy Valentine's Day Surprise Babe!!rose.gif heart.gif ): I-129F shipped to Dept. of State to receive visa #

- February 14th, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received.... Happy Valentine's Day!

- February 21st, 2014: NVC assigns visa number. Can now schedule online, interview for fiance at US Embassy

- February 24th, 2014: Now have interview date!! (May 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am)

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Fiance finished medical exam & vaccinations (all in one early & long day) @ St. Luke's & passed

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): US Embassy - Manila (USEM) receives our case & is READY for interview

- February 26th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Able to reschedule for a March 12th interview date! Whoo Hoo!!

- March 12th, 2014 (11th in US): Fiance interviews @ US Embassy....... APPROVED!!! YEA BABE!!idea9dv.gif dancin5hr.gif biggrin.png kicking.gif

Timeline

Ahh your other post had me thinking you were married and in process. Well congrats!!

(side note, you won't do a K-3, you will do the IR/CR-1 visa)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

thanks Carton for staying on topic. I will have to try the shrimp when I go there. I can't wait to try the street food

True Story = Met Chester @ Caluwayan. Chester was on an extended vacation. Chester spent his days drunk and eating whatever he saw. Chester confided that he had already suffered E-Coli from eating "street food" & was still recovering. (but) That didn't stop him from eating it.

Chester's fiancée called our house 1 day to ask me "please hurry to the hospital". My wife and I were not home and the Bunso did not tell us until we returned. Too late. Not that I could do anything but I suppose he hoped I could or maybe give me stateside family contact info.

Anyway - last I heard...Chester was riding a block of Ice in the local Morgue. People at the resort told us he got E-coli again & due to his drunkard state = did not get on it before it got him.

Best be careful with the "street food". helpsmilie.gif

When you hit Manila - make your way to Shangri - La, Edsa. Some pretty good restaurant's in the plaza (inside and out). The Sushi joint - SumoSam (level 6) was one of our Fav's.

Other than that - anything and everything my wife cooks is masarap. (except I don't much like the Sinigang...not my wife's fault...just too sour for me)

I suggest you eat any and all seafood dishes put in front of you (except street food dishes). Fresh from the Ocean to your plate = no muddy flavor - the way it's supposed to taste!...now I'm hungry...

The good:

Fresh fruit juice or fruit shakes...mango...pineapple...watermelon...dalandan

Blue marlin

Gambas

Pancit molo

Prawns

Steamed clams

Kinilaw

Tinola

Monggo

Chicken inasal

Pork BBQ

And much more

The bad:

Steak

Hamburgers

Banana ketchup

Filipino beer

The ugly:

Bagaoong

Tuyo

Balut

Durian

Timeline

True Story = Met Chester @ Caluwayan. Chester was on an extended vacation. Chester spent his days drunk and eating whatever he saw. Chester confided that he had already suffered E-Coli from eating "street food" & was still recovering. (but) That didn't stop him from eating it.

Chester's fiancée called our house 1 day to ask me "please hurry to the hospital". My wife and I were not home and the Bunso did not tell us until we returned. Too late. Not that I could do anything but I suppose he hoped I could or maybe give me stateside family contact info.

Anyway - last I heard...Chester was riding a block of Ice in the local Morgue. People at the resort told us he got E-coli again & due to his drunkard state = did not get on it before it got him.

Best be careful with the "street food". helpsmilie.gif

When you hit Manila - make your way to Shangri - La, Edsa. Some pretty good restaurant's in the plaza (inside and out). The Sushi joint - SumoSam (level 6) was one of our Fav's.

Other than that - anything and everything my wife cooks is masarap. (except I don't much like the Sinigang...not my wife's fault...just too sour for me)

I suggest you eat any and all seafood dishes put in front of you (except street food dishes). Fresh from the Ocean to your plate = no muddy flavor - the way it's supposed to taste!...now I'm hungry...

I rather like Sinigang, and yup it is sour which normally doesn't cut it with me, but I like sinigang. I enjoy Pancit but I like it with Canton noodles. And always Adobo, chicken or pork are my favorites!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I rather like Sinigang, and yup it is sour which normally doesn't cut it with me, but I like sinigang. I enjoy Pancit but I like it with Canton noodles. And always Adobo, chicken or pork are my favorites!

We rotate the noodles but I'm with you..I prefer the Canton too. I suggested we try Baby Back Adobo a few months back. Bam! It's a hit!

The good:

Fresh fruit juice or fruit shakes...mango...pineapple...watermelon...dalandan

Blue marlin

Gambas

Pancit molo

Prawns

Steamed clams

Kinilaw

Tinola

Monggo

Chicken inasal

Pork BBQ

And much more

The bad:

Steak

Hamburgers

Banana ketchup

Filipino beer

The ugly:

Bagaoong

Tuyo

Balut

Durian

good.gif on your "good" list.

& You are spot on about the Baka. We tried every which way to find a decent tasting Steak....strike out.

I thought - almost frozen San Mig was okay with some Calamansi and a salted rim. Reminds me a bit of Mexican Beers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.