Mr. Big Dog

Ukraine Officer Shot Dead In Simferopol, Crimea

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So much for Russia's peaceful intentions. But only fools believed that anyways.

Ukraine Officer Shot Dead In Simferopol, Crimea

KIEV, March 18 (Reuters) - A Ukrainian serviceman was killed on Tuesday at a Ukrainian base that came under attack in Crimea's main town Simferopol, a military spokesman said.

Vladislav Seleznyov, speaking to Reuters by telephone from Crimea, said one serviceman at the base had died of his wounds. A second man, a captain, was injured.

Seleznyov said it was unclear who had staged the assault, but described the attackers, as "unknown forces, fully equipped and their faces covered".

Jared Keller @jaredbkeller Follow

Ukrainian PM: "Today, Russian soldiers began shooting at Ukrainian servicemen. This is a war crime."-@Reuters http://alj.am/UkraineCrisis

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

You forgot this part, Mr. Propaganda Dog.

15:58:

There is no immediate evidence that Russian soldiers were involved in Tuesday's incident at a military base in the Crimean city of Simferopol, witnesses tell the Reuters news agency.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

It's the same forces that were spotted in Crimea when this first started. Those turned out to be Russian military. But do kid yourself a little longer. You've been doing that well.

I don't need to kid myself. I know what's going on there. Your'e the one posting cartoons and daily current links to support your position.

As far as this event, there are Ukrainian, Russian, and Crimean forces in the region and also private mercenaries. It could have been Russian troops, but AFAIK, they haven't determined that yet.

Based on that your title is incorrect. You probably should stick with posting the daily currant to avoid confusion.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I don't need to kid myself. I know what's going on there. Your'e the one posting cartoons and daily current links to support your position.

As far as this event, there are Ukrainian, Russian, and Crimean forces in the region and also private mercenaries. It could have been Russian troops, but AFAIK, they haven't determined that yet.

Based on that your title is incorrect. You probably should stick with posting the daily currant to avoid confusion.

Yes, international law is being broken. That's what's going on there. And now Ukrainian military personnel are shot at and killed. Intimidation and oppression Russian style. I've seen it up close and personal for far too long.

Filed: Other Timeline

If it wasn't Russian troops who shot and killed him, then who else would do that? The Russians are the one's doing the occupying and wearing masks.

Ukrainian officer shot dead by masked men at Crimean capital army base as interim prime minister says crisis with Russia has moved from political to military stage. Ukraine vows to go to war to protect Black Sea Peninsula

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2583225/Putin-signs-Crimea-annexation-bill-Ukraine-announces-fight-Russia-enlists-hundreds-men-National-Guard-training.html

Timeline

Yes, international law is being broken. That's what's going on there. And now Ukrainian military personnel are shot at and killed. Intimidation and oppression Russian style. I've seen it up close and personal for far too long.

Yes, so based on past experience, the "Russian slaughter" of a single soldier is basically your opinion at this point. Which you supported by posting Yatsenuk's opinion, the same guy who told the UN that Russian tanks and troops were on there way to Kiev two weeks ago. And of course, you left out the part where witnesses said they didn't know who the shooters were.

Did you not have a little cartoon to add to all this?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

If it wasn't Russian troops who shot and killed him, then who else would do that? The Russians are the one's doing the occupying and wearing masks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2583225/Putin-signs-Crimea-annexation-bill-Ukraine-announces-fight-Russia-enlists-hundreds-men-National-Guard-training.html

It could have been the Russian troops, I'm just not sure why it's being called a Russian slaughter at this point.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

I expect we will see more of these events though. Crimea has asked to join Russia. Putin accepted that request today. The Duma votes on Friday. Obviously if Russia considers Crimea part of Russia, they are not going to tolerate Ukrainian troops there indefinitely.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

It could have been the Russian troops, I'm just not sure why it's being called a Russian slaughter at this point.

There appears to be no peaceful outcome to this. The US continues to look ridiculous by imposing sanctions in hope that it will cause Putin to find a reverse gear. He has calculated well and won back the territory he dreamed.

Timeline
BREAKING NEWS: CRISIS IN UKRAINE
Done deal, the Kremlin says. It cites a signing ceremony today between Russian President Vladimir Putin; the prime minister of Crimea; and the mayor of Sevastopol. FULL STORY
140314171640-vladimir-putin-stare-wall-4

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

There appears to be no peaceful outcome to this. The US continues to look ridiculous by imposing sanctions in hope that it will cause Putin to find a reverse gear. He has calculated well and won back the territory he dreamed.

Looks like it. Sanctions will not be effective, especially targeting individuals. Pyrrhic at best.

Ukraine's army is along deployed along the eastern border. They were never seriously thinking of acting in Crimea. If Russia crosses the eastern borders, there will be a serious escalation in this conflict.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Obama will still do nothing.

Looks like it. Sanctions will not be effective, especially targeting individuals. Pyrrhic at best.

Ukraine's army is along deployed along the eastern border. They were never seriously thinking of acting in Crimea. If Russia crosses the eastern borders, there will be a serious escalation in this conflict.

Timeline

Obama will still do nothing.

He will do a lot of talking, some blustering and throw in a few empty threats, but yes nothing else.

But Russia crossing the eastern border is where the red line should have meant something. As I said from the beginning, even a threat of military conflict would not have deterred Putin in Crimea, but it would have stopped him from crossing into eastern Ukraine.

Now who knows.

QCjgyJZ.jpg