jhonster

USCIS admits there are systematic problems with i130 Visa's currently

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A story from the New York Times on Feb 8th, 2014 says...... www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/program-benefiting-some-immigrants-extends-visa-wait-for-others.html?_r=1

Until recently, an American could obtain a green card for a spouse, child or parent — probably the easiest document in the immigration system — in five months or less. But over the past year, waits for approvals of those resident visas stretched to 15 months, and more than 500,000 applications became stuck in the pipeline, playing havoc with international moves and children’s schools and keeping families apart.

Christopher S. Bentley, a Citizenship and Immigration Services spokesman, said the agency had seen “a temporary increase in processing times” for the citizens’ green card applications because of the deferrals program and “the standard ebb and flow” of visas.

Last year, officials said, the agency detected the problem and tried to speed up the green cards by spreading them out to three processing centers. In November, the agency reported it had reduced waits to 10 months, calling that a “significant step forward.” Officials said they hoped to reduce waits to five months, but not before this summer.

An immigration service center near Kansas City assigned to handle both the green card applications and many of the deferrals was rapidly overwhelmed, officials said. But although the agency is financed by fees and does not depend on congressional appropriations, no new employees were brought on at that center, because of “unanticipated hiring difficulties,” officials said, without elaborating.

USCIS self admittedly considers 5 months to be the "normal" wait time for a i130 to be processed. Many people like me are way past that timeline. People whom are citizens of this country should expect better service from a Federal Dept that is self funded. In other words, USCIS does not need to get money approved from the U.S. Congress. If they are having "unanticipated hiring difficulties", then they need to get on top of that. We, the tax payers, AND people whom are PAYING for this service deserve to have the best service possible. And if it means they need to start hiring some people ASAP, then that's what they need to do.

I suggest ANYBODY who is having this problem contact their Congressperson for your area and you're states two senators. You can find them on the internet by just doing a google search & entering your city or zip code. Both the Senators and Congresspeople have liaisons in their office that handle ONLY Visa petition problems for U.S Citizens.

You can also file a complaint with the USCIS Ombudsman if you're not getting anywhere with your Congressperson or Senator here (form 7001).

http://www.dhs.gov/ombudsman-case-assistance

You can also send an email to the Ombudsman and explain your experiences with USCIS and any issues or extended wait times they have here.

OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

There is no reason why USCIS should be taking more than 5 months to process any Visa provided the applicant or petitioner is providing information to them in a timely fashion. They are a self funded entity. And since I work for a govt agency, that is the big difference between agencies that CAN get things done and those that have to "make do" with what they get in terms of funding.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

USCIS self admittedly considers 5 months to be the "normal" wait time for a i130 to be processed. Many people like me are way past that timeline. People whom are citizens of this country should expect better service from a Federal Dept that is self funded. In other words, USCIS does not need to get money approved from the U.S. Congress. If they are having "unanticipated hiring difficulties", then they need to get on top of that. We, the tax payers, AND people whom are PAYING for this service deserve to have the best service possible. And if it means they need to start hiring some people ASAP, then that's what they need to do.

I suggest ANYBODY who is having this problem contact their Congressperson for your area and you're states two senators. You can find them on the internet by just doing a google search & entering your city or zip code. Both the Senators and Congresspeople have liaisons in their office that handle ONLY Visa petition problems for U.S Citizens.

You can also file a complaint with the USCIS Ombudsman if you're not getting anywhere with your Congressperson or Senator here (form 7001).

http://www.dhs.gov/ombudsman-case-assistance

You can also send an email to the Ombudsman and explain your experiences with USCIS and any issues or extended wait times they have here.

OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

There is no reason why USCIS should be taking more than 5 months to process any Visa provided the applicant or petitioner is providing information to them in a timely fashion. They are a self funded entity. And since I work for a govt agency, that is the big difference between agencies that CAN get things done and those that have to "make do" with what they get in terms of funding.

I just had a friend that filed last April calling me asking what she can do. I have given her all I know. I had another was at service center so long than transferred to CSC and they lost her file and RFE her for needing evidence of a bonafide relationship. Trust me she had 6 lbs of it but they later admitted "they misplaced it". Just shameful.

Thanks for the information.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to USCIS Service Centers forum; topic is about USCIS operations.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review.~~~

***Thread back open, post containing racist content removed along with posts quoting or referencing. Administrative Action taken.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The problem isn't so much that they don't have enough people...USCIS was inundated with petitions for the DACA program...521,000 undocumented residents in the US got to the front of the line. What is DACA...Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals%C2'>

Obama directed Homeland Security to implement this program and to provide Expedited service!!

We can thank President Obama and 521,815 undocumented individuals for this serious delay - for "clogging" up the system - at our expense!

Therein lies the truth of the matter.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DACA Defined...

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”) is a memorandum authored by the Obama Administration on June 15, 2012. It was implemented by the Secretary of the Department Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano. It directs U.S. Customs and Border Protection(CBP), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to practiceprosecutorial discretion towards some individuals who immigrated illegally to the United States as children.

A grant of deferred removal action does not confer lawful immigration status, alter an individual’s existing immigration status, or provide a path to citizenship.

Deferred action[edit] U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services[edit]

The USCIS should establish a clear and efficient process for exercising prosecutorial discretion, on an individual basis—by deferring action against individuals who meet the criteria and are at least 15 years old, for a period of two years to be granted employment authorization, subject to renewal, to prevent low priority individuals from being placed into removal proceedings or removed from the United States. ICE is instructed to use its Office of the Public Advocate to permit individuals who believe they meet the above criteria to identify themselves through a clear and efficient process. ICE is also instructed to immeditely begin the process of deferring action against individuals who meet the above criteria whose cases have already been identified through the ongoing review of pending cases before the Executive Office for Immigration Review.

The creation of this law came after the failed attempt to pass the DREAM Act for undocumented immigrant children. President Obama wanted such law to grant residency to young undocumented immigrants who have attended college or have served military time. However, Mitt Romney did not completely agree with Obama’s idea. He only agreed with the part that dealt with military service. After the success of passing DACA came the demanding process. The eligibility process is rigorous. Those who are chosen are picked on a case-by-case basis. The main relief for these beneficiaries is the two year deportation reprieve they receive. Mostly applicants who require economic relief receive work authorization. Though this application can be renewed it is still not known how long it will be in effect and it is only given in two-year increments. DACA does not by any means provide citizenship to these young undocumented immigrants.

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So they (Obama's minions) have created a new "zombie" status where you cannot be removed and can work... and then what? Get a green card and therefore eventual citizenship to vote for democrats? Is that the plan here?

You know, this really pisses me off. The rest of us who do this the legal way pay through the nose, have to wait forever and a day and need to answer all sorts of bs questions.

:cry: it's just sad when your case is one of those stuck in a clogged pipeline (Dallas Field Office) and kept in the dark how long is the waiting time :clock::crying:

Port of Entry : Los Angeles
POE Date : 2013-05-23
Married: 2013-09-16

Adjustment of Status
CIS Office : Dallas TX
Date Filed : 2014-03-24
NOA Date : 2014-04-02
Bio. Appt. : 2014-04-24
Testing and Interview : 2014-05-06
Interview Appt. : 2014-11-24. APPROVED.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2016-08-29
NOA Date : 2016-09 -01
Bio. Appt. : 2016-10 -13
Testing and Interview : 2016- -
Interview Appt. : 2016- - .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Seems just about everything involving Texas is a problem. My fiance and I are at TSC for our K-1. Granted, we filed July 2, but they are so backlogged that we aren't even expecting a "normal" 5 month wait time. He is more optimistic, but I am not. I've already gone ahead and drafted letters for me to use once our case goes a day over 5 months. Then they will tell me wait an extra month - but since that isn't "normal" processing time I think I will ignore that statement and continue pushing for answers on our petition (if it comes to that).

I cannot understand how USCIS have decided to draw up this arcane map. They placed some of the HIGHEST population states all at the same service center (not sure if this goes for the field office as well, probably), instead of doing the logical thing and splitting up the highly populated states amongst the major service centers. Granted, certain visa get different service centers, but it seems like Texas in general is at a standstill.

My company has significant patches of volume - we hire people, we open more centers, we require overtime. Maybe if they changed the rules to where they are not allowed to cash our checks for our petitions/requests/applications until they make a yes or no decision on them, things would move much faster.

Good luck to all

Edited by MeganLuke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.