cococacao

Triple checking my I129F contents

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

With the following documents for the I-129F, am I good to go? Any worry I will get a RFE? (I am a USC with Mexican fiance)

• cashier's cheque for $340 to United States Department of Homeland Security
  • e-notification form
  • cover letter (VJ example format)
  • I129F form
  • I129F supplement for "how we met"
  • photocopy of my birth certificate, front and back
  • my G325A w/ photo to specifications
  • fiance's G325A w/ photo to specifications
  • my letter of intent to marry
  • fiance's letter of intent to marry
  • proof of having met: photocopies of all pages of my passport, showing I went to Mexico
  • proof of having met: flight confirmation emails (since I don't have the tickets anymore), w/ important info highlighted
  • proof of having met: 4 photos of us together, 1 from 2012 and 3 from 2013, all labeled properly
  • proof of ongoing relationship: Skype chat correspondence, 4 examples from the past year, plus English translation (which I certified)

Am I forgetting anything? Everything is signed and dated. Just need a quick OK if nothing looks wrong.

Thanks for the help!

USAMEXflag-small.png

Timeline

Hmmm. I'm looking over my Part 2 Q 34.A Supplement, and thinking maybe I misunderstood the question. Do they want to know how we met, as in how we came to know each other (eg. online, while I was studying abroad, etc) or how we met IN PERSON? I wrote up a thing on how we met in person in the last 2 years, but now I'm not sure what they're asking.

USAMEXflag-small.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

When in doubt write both! I think they're asking for how you initially met (online, studying, etc.) I'd put that and then how and when you met in person if you want. Just keep it short! I might be wrong but I think this first question is to state how you met in the first place and the "proof of ongoing relationship" (in your case plane information, pictures, etc.) are proof that you have met in the past two years.

We didn't have the original plane tickets either so I did the same as you (e-mail confirmations highlighting the dates and times of flights, as well as origin and destination)

It certainly looks like you have everything covered! I didn't send any e-mails, logs, or things like that... But it can't hurt! We sent 5 pictures with an explanation in the back (we matched the pictures with trips taken together because we had the plane ticket e-mails as proof as well) and the mentioned plane ticket e-mails and we were approved in 24 days smile.png

Best of luck in your process!

PS: http://www.visajourney.com/content/paying-immigration-fees

You probably already looked at this but just in case! Useful info on how to write the check correctly!

OUR TIMELINE (not completed yet!)

I-129F Sent: Dec 20th 2013

I-129F NOA1: Jan 3rd 2014 (notification received by e-mail and text message; hard copy received on Jan 10th)
I-129F NOA2: Jan 27th 2014 (notification through USCIS mailing list; hard copy received on Feb 3rd)
NVC Received: Feb 07th 2014 (verified through phone call; no notification received)
NVC Left: Feb 11th 2014 (CEAC status changed to "in transit"; called NVC to verify)
Processed at Consulate: Feb 20th 2014 (I sent the embassy an e-mail on Feb 18th and they replied Feb 21st saying that they had received my case the day before)
Package 3 received: Feb 21st 2014 (sent by embassy through e-mail attachment; it was a Word document; they usually send it through regular mail)
Package 3 sent: Feb 24th 2014 (received at the consulate Feb 25th; I know this because I sent a certified letter with online tracking)
Interview date: April 30th 2014 (notification received by e-mail on March 21st; hard copy received on March 26th)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hmmm. I'm looking over my Part 2 Q 34.A Supplement, and thinking maybe I misunderstood the question. Do they want to know how we met, as in how we came to know each other (eg. online, while I was studying abroad, etc) or how we met IN PERSON? I wrote up a thing on how we met in person in the last 2 years, but now I'm not sure what they're asking.

How/When/Where you met in person.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

With the following documents for the I-129F, am I good to go? Any worry I will get a RFE? (I am a USC with Mexican fiance)

• e-notification form
  • I129F form
  • proof of having met: photocopies of all pages of my passport, showing I went to Mexico Perfect
  • proof of having met: flight confirmation emails (since I don't have the tickets anymore), w/ important info highlighted Not sufficient, boading pass copies only.
  • proof of having met: 4 photos of us together, 1 from 2012 and 3 from 2013, all labeled properly Only one meeting to coincide with your passport stamp
  • proof of ongoing relationship: Skype chat correspondence, 4 examples from the past year, plus English translation (which I certified)

No other evidence of the meeting in person?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• e-notification form
  • I129F form
  • proof of having met: photocopies of all pages of my passport, showing I went to Mexico
  • proof of having met: flight confirmation emails (since I don't have the tickets anymore), w/ important info highlighted
  • proof of having met: 4 photos of us together, 1 from 2012 and 3 from 2013, all labeled properly

Am I forgetting anything? Everything is signed and dated. Just need a quick OK if nothing looks wrong.

Thanks for the help!

The question on part 2: 34.A which asks you to describe the circumstances of meeting, is asking HOW you met IN PERSON. The answer they are looking for is enough to fit in the space provided. For example, WE MET IN (PLACE) ON (DATE). Some will write a more lengthy explanation detailing the relationship a bit more, which is OK. But they are asking how you met in person.

You do not need copies of ALL pages of your passport for proof of meeting. All you need is a copy of your bio page, plus the relevant pages that have the passport stamps. This is great primary proof of meeting.

Flight confirmation emails are only secondary evidence, and by themselves do not prove you have met in person. Boarding passes are actually better here if you have them.

All in all it looks pretty good.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

Looks like I'll include the supplement I wrote then, if it's about meeting in person.

I wish I still had my boarding passes but I had no idea I would need them at the time :( I'm really hoping it's enough evidence because it's basically all I have.

I'm including all pages of the passport just to be sure, but I guess I'll put a sticky note on it to point to the entry stamps.

Thank y'all for the advise :)

USAMEXflag-small.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.