23 posts in this topic

Hi VJ!

Our IR1/IR2 case is at NVC since January 6. We got invoiced and paid online already. I am curious as to how long will it take for the NVC to get back to us for another update?

By the way, I also want to hear and possibly get in touch with everyone of you out there specially those who are on the same case as we do! :-)

Are you following the NVC thread for your month? That's where they all are

05-19-2012 - Met in Seoul, Korea

03-30-2013 - Married in Washington State

USCIS

01-03-2014 - I-130 Package sent to Chicago lockbox

01-10-2014 - NOA1. Case sent to Texas Service Center

01-14-2014 - Expedite requested due to military deployment

02-04-2014 - NOA2 (Expedite approved)

02-28-2014 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC

03-11-2014 - NVC received case

04-10-2014 - NVC case number assigned

04-15-2014 - DS-261 completed online

04-15-2014 - Expedite requested

04-28-2014 - Case forwarded to consulate (Expedite approved)

Consulate

05-30-2014 - Medical

06-12-2014 - Interview

06-20-2014 - Visa in hand

09-21-2014 - POE (San Francisco)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Did you pay fees for both IV and AOS? If you did, then have you sent the AOS documents? Is DS-260 available for you to fill out?

Please read first two posts here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/483206-nvc-filers-march-2014/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Did you pay fees for both IV and AOS? If you did, then have you sent the AOS documents? Is DS-260 available for you to fill out?

Please read first two posts here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/483206-nvc-filers-march-2014/

Yes we did. We actually just received the confirmation from NVC that our DS-260 was received couple of hours ago. Now, I guess we will have to wait more again.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Yes we did. We actually just received the confirmation from NVC that our DS-260 was received couple of hours ago. Now, I guess we will have to wait more again.

Yes it usually takes them around 4 weeks to review the file and if everything is right then you get case complete. I be live you have already sent in the IV documents, so sit tight and pray for good news. Good luck!

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Yes it usually takes them around 4 weeks to review the file and if everything is right then you get case complete. I be live you have already sent in the IV documents, so sit tight and pray for good news. Good luck!

Good to know. Thanks! We are definitely praying for lots of good news. :-)

I got approve on January 15th. Who got approved for his I-130 and didn't get a case number yet. My case is taking so long. Who is in the same situation ?

I got approve on January 15th. Who got approved for his I-130 and didn't get a case number yet. My case is taking so long. Who is in the same situation ?

I guess everyone is in the same situation where everything is taking so long. We got approved from USCIS 11th of December 2013. Our case was received in NVC January 6,2014 and we just got invoiced last March 3, 2014. We are on IR`1/IR2 visa case. So I guess, there will be more waiting for you just the same as we have been waiting still up to this date :-)

Lets just wish ourselves Goodluck!

I call them. They said that they are far behind becauss à lot Of I-130 was approved by Uscis . Now they have à lot Of cases. They CAN respect the 8 weeks Time they ve been telling people. I guess we are the one paying the hard price for it. No one care that our family is far and we miss them. This is bs but I guess we don't have any choice but to wait.

I call them. They said that they are far behind becauss à lot Of I-130 was approved by Uscis . Now they have à lot Of cases. They CAN respect the 8 weeks Time they ve been telling people. I guess we are the one paying the hard price for it. No one care that our family is far and we miss them. This is bs but I guess we don't have any choice but to wait.

I know and I understand how you feel because for the record all of us that are apart from our families are on the same boat. We miss them badly! As the saying goes... "The long wait is not over yet" . Just think about the sweet and amazing reward after all these. As long as everything will turn out good (even if it is slow) and without complications, it will be worth all the waiting :-)

I call Nvc yesterday and the person that I talk to told my that I should have a case by then. She told me maybe uscis didn't send my case to them that's y it is taking too long. So she told me so send her the copy of my approval. But before that I decided to call to uscis to see on their side if they sent my case or not. I was able to talk to officer. He sent a message to the center that process my I -130 and that the response I got from them today after being approve over 2 months " The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. Our system indicates that your Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative was approved on 01/15/2014. We are in the process of sending your petition to the Department of State's National Visa Center. Please allow 30 days for delivery."

Has anyone been in the same situation? I am think to call them Monday to see if the accelerate my case because I believe that someone crewed me and they have to do something for me. I should have a case number by them. I need your advice VJ members

They haven't sent your petition yet? That's absolutely crazy. I thought I had it bad because they sent mine almost a month later and until today NVC still has not received it.

Call USCIS speak to a tier 2 supervisor and get confirmation on when your case will be getting shipped out. Crazy

Edited by li_09

05-19-2012 - Met in Seoul, Korea

03-30-2013 - Married in Washington State

USCIS

01-03-2014 - I-130 Package sent to Chicago lockbox

01-10-2014 - NOA1. Case sent to Texas Service Center

01-14-2014 - Expedite requested due to military deployment

02-04-2014 - NOA2 (Expedite approved)

02-28-2014 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC

03-11-2014 - NVC received case

04-10-2014 - NVC case number assigned

04-15-2014 - DS-261 completed online

04-15-2014 - Expedite requested

04-28-2014 - Case forwarded to consulate (Expedite approved)

Consulate

05-30-2014 - Medical

06-12-2014 - Interview

06-20-2014 - Visa in hand

09-21-2014 - POE (San Francisco)

I call Nvc yesterday and the person that I talk to told my that I should have a case by then. She told me maybe uscis didn't send my case to them that's y it is taking too long. So she told me so send her the copy of my approval. But before that I decided to call to uscis to see on their side if they sent my case or not. I was able to talk to officer. He sent a message to the center that process my I -130 and that the response I got from them today after being approve over 2 months " The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. Our system indicates that your Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative was approved on 01/15/2014. We are in the process of sending your petition to the Department of State's National Visa Center. Please allow 30 days for delivery."

Has anyone been in the same situation? I am think to call them Monday to see if the accelerate my case because I believe that someone crewed me and they have to do something for me. I should have a case number by them. I need your advice VJ members

Oops... I think this is not right... You should call USCIS and make them listen. And whoever you will talk to or have them do something, there should be a confirmation email or transaction number or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.