JAYNIKKI

K-1 Petition has expired getting to 3 years, what should we do?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

She came to visit me in 2010. We got approval for our K-1 Fiance Visa petition from NVC on April 4, 2011, and afterwards I received a letter from the embassy, I filled up all the forms, got the necessary documents from her as well, even got my police report approved but I never mailed anything back to the embassy. At that time, we had a little argument (it happens in every relationship), also I was in school and my education was priority to me as I know it will open doors to a better career for me, even when I get to the United States and we got married, and that's when we decided to wait/take a break, so once I am done with school we can proceed with the application. The waiting period didn't go well, at some point we were off and on, but still talk to each other now and then, I finally graduated from the university, we fixed things and we are back together and we still want to get married. All of this has taken the time length of almost 3 years from 2011 when we first got approval for K-1 petition until now. We checked the status of our petition online and it shows "post decision activity". I have read that the petition is usually valid for 4 months and then it can be re-validated again by the consular officer for another 4 months but In our own case it's been almost 3 years. So, what should we now do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They would only re validate a petition that has had activity in that time . You will have to start all over. When was the last time you saw each other face to face

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.