7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everybody,

i need help i arrive here in the US july 14 of 2009 and i obtain my permanent green card through a fiancé visa.. i got divorce and i wanna apply for citizenship this yr since ive been in the US for 5 yrs. this coming july... and also i got married again and now i have a 10 month old baby..

My question is when im i suppose to send my papers to apply for citizenship? im thinking july? or is it the month when i first got my temporary green card?

what evidence do i need to include in my application?

Hello Everybody,

i need help i arrive here in the US july 14 of 2009 and i obtain my permanent green card through a fiancé visa.. i got divorce and i wanna apply for citizenship this yr since ive been in the US for 5 yrs. this coming july... and also i got married again and now i have a 10 month old baby..

My question is when im i suppose to send my papers to apply for citizenship? im thinking july? or is it the month when i first got my temporary green card?

Do you have a 10 years green card or a 2 years conditional green card?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Hello Everybody,

Did you get approved for removal of conditions on your permanent residence, and what is the date next to "resident since" on your green card? That is the date you use to determine when your eligibility window starts. Add 5 years to that date, subtract 90 days, and you have your eligibility date. You can apply after that date.

For the evidence you need to include in your application, please go to http://www.uscis.gov/n-400 and read everything carefully.

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I have a permanent green card 10 yrs.. I got approve with my temp 2 yr green card dec 15 2009

90 days before Dec. 15, 2014. (90 days does not mean 3 months. Don't make this mistake.)

What happen if u send ur papers early?

Applying even 1 day early means you will be denied and loss your filing fee.

IMHO - play it safe and do not apply early. File at the beginning of October 2014.

Edited by aaron2020

Applying even 1 day early means you will be denied and loss your filing fee.

I think I have heard of that happening after the application was accepted for processing, but as far as I know, the lockbox facility is supposed to notice your premature submission, refuse it on the spot and return you the whole thing, without having cashed the check of course.

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.