11 posts in this topic

It's been 3 weeks now since we hv responded to a check-list stating that 2013 tax returns transcript is missing..Can someone please explain to me..Why after they review and found something to be missing it has to take another two (2) months, as if we are starting alllllllllll over again?wow.gif

Since NVC hv checked the file and saw something missing/incomplete and hv sent request for such document(s), as soon as they receive it they should hv a way prepared to just get stuff together and "case complete" it. That way they can prevent back log.

It's been 3 weeks now since we hv responded to a check-list stating that 2013 tax returns transcript is missing..Can someone please explain to me..Why after they review and found something to be missing it has to take another two (2) months, as if we are starting alllllllllll over again?wow.gif

Since NVC hv checked the file and saw something missing/incomplete and hv sent request for such document(s), as soon as they receive it they should hv a way prepared to just get stuff together and "case complete" it. That way they can prevent back log.

OMG I feel your pain. I'm not even approved yet and I am an April Filer. I hope and pray that my K3 gets sent to the embassy because we have waited for too long already

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

2013 taxes?- not due until April 15, 2014 - did you mean 2012?-- did you have 2012 transcript?- and a W2 or employment letter or paycheck stubs for 2013? Did they comment as to asking for something that the US Government views as NOT DUE YET?

MY JOURNEY

2009-03-03 - Married in San Pedro Sula, Cortez, Honduras

2011-07-11 - Our second Daughter is Born in La Ceiba, Atlántida, Honduras

2013-04-15 Consular Report of Birth Abroad Completed- she is USA Citizen

We are a family of four-

TWO I130 CASES - running concurrently One for my wife and Second for my stepdaughter

USCIS
2013-08-20 - NOA1 - Priority Date established
2014-02-27 - NOA2 - after transfer to California Service Center in January

7 MONTHS and 23 DAYS at USCIS

NVC

2014-04-11 - NVC case Number & IIN Assigned

2014-04-15 - DS-261 online done and accepted

2014-04-29 - DS-260 completed online and approved on 5/14/2014

AOS

2014-04-16 - I-864 INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-04-21 - I-864 Package sent via FedEx

2014-04-22 - I-864 Package at NVC Signed for by B Standish 9:21 am FedEx

2014-05-14- I-864 package on case approved

IV

2014-04-24 - IV INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-05-02 - IV packets sent via FedEx scanned on 05/05/2014 approved on 5/29/2014 - 24 days

2014-05-29 - Case ONE OF TWO completed, 48 days

2014-06-20- CASES(s) complete Case TWO took 71 days (checklist)

Consulate

2014-08-13- POE --FT Lauderdale, FLA for my wife

221(g) additional follow up required with Consulate

2015-06-19- POE FT Lauderdale, FLA fro my Stepdaughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It seems that Kingston schedules appointments about six weeks from the case complete at NVC. That puts them right up against the April 15 tax deadline. If your interview is going to be after April 15, they will likely ask to see 2013 at interview time. NVC may be trying to avoid any delays at interview by requiring them to submit 2013 now. This whole process is so overwhelming. I am just starting at NVC - 23 business days and no case number yet:(

Im so confused.... 2013 taxes do not have to be filed until April 15th at latest????? I have AOS interview in a few days... I was told 2012 tax returns are fine as legally we do not have to file 2013 until April 15th and are therefore not obligated to provide them (we did file 2013 though)

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It seems that Kingston schedules appointments about six weeks from the case complete at NVC. That puts them right up against the April 15 tax deadline. If your interview is going to be after April 15, they will likely ask to see 2013 at interview time. NVC may be trying to avoid any delays at interview by requiring them to submit 2013 now. This whole process is so overwhelming. I am just starting at NVC - 23 business days and no case number yet:(

Keep strong !!!! It is a verrrrrryyyyyy tedious process but it will be over before you know it :) Check my page and let me know if you need help with anything....

As far as the taxes, if a $ amount is written incorrectly, they send it back..I went through it twice :( We had out interview and all went well !!!! Stay prayed up !

OMG I feel your pain. I'm not even approved yet and I am an April Filer. I hope and pray that my K3 gets sent to the embassy because we have waited for too long already

Wowch! you have not get Approved yet? i am an April filer too, may be you need to contact USCIS in writing.

2013 taxes?- not due until April 15, 2014 - did you mean 2012?-- did you have 2012 transcript?- and a W2 or employment letter or paycheck stubs for 2013? Did they comment as to asking for something that the US Government views as NOT DUE YET?

Sorry my bad 2012 tax returns, my husband gave them the transcript but they said it should be the Federal type. and yes he gave them employment letter, pay stubs, and now that i am awaiting the interview date because i finally got case complete, he said he will send me the 2013 tax returns to take on interview date.

yep You are so right with that, so my husband said he will be preparing the 2013 tax returns for me to take to the interview, normally it does not take 23 days for a case number at NVC, i got my case number 2 wks after i received Noa2. I suggest you call them and give them your USCIS number to query it or like i did (email them).

Wowch! you have not get Approved yet? i am an April filer too, may be you need to contact USCIS in writing.

Been there, done that 1000 times +

more than several service request, Senator inquiries, letters to TSC, Letters to the director of the service centers and more...

If I get approved this week there is a party on the APRIL thread....... Come join us !! LOL

yesterday was my 1st anniversary... and yea..... it sucked !

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Been there, done that 1000 times +

more than several service request, Senator inquiries, letters to TSC, Letters to the director of the service centers and more...

If I get approved this week there is a party on the APRIL thread....... Come join us !! LOL

yesterday was my 1st anniversary... and yea..... it sucked !

Gosh! there must be a party indeed. I was in this situation and was so frustrated that when i got approved it never moved me, I never enjoyed it the way i thought i would. I sooo feel your pain but hang on tighter, the darkest hour means morning soon light.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.