dwheels76

April 2014 Interviews

787 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would have updated I-864, W2, 2013 tax forms or transcripts and most recent paystubs just in case. Whatever was submitted at NVC should be in a folder at interview just in case.

I think it's best to have more papers/documents ready during the interview to be sure..So for me, I just prepared an updated I-864 with info of my 2013 tax return and included my 2013 tax transcript just in case they ask and before that, I already made a copy of the AOS package too that I sent to NVC few months ago.

Thank you dwheels76 and enzo0601!! I agree with both of you. it's better to be ready with more documents!

Btw dwheels I resched my appointment and got an earlier date for April 7!!! Yay 2weeks to go..................

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi dwheels76

I have one question. I have already filled my 2013 taxes online. But i put as single since if i am putting married and my spouse is not here in usa. BUt i m married does that make any difference as i m married right now and i have filed as single in taxes. Please help me out. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.

Till wat i know u should say married but does ur wife have SSN no... if not then u cannot file a joint tax thus u may have to file as a individual....you should file as married even though ur wife dont have the SSN no....but definitely i will check with some agent to make sure...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Till wat i know u should say married but does ur wife have SSN no... if not then u cannot file a joint tax thus u may have to file as a individual....you should file as married even though ur wife dont have the SSN no....but definitely i will check with some agent to make sure...

Thanks dhruvp77

i filed through turbo tax and if i put married they are asking for social security # of my spouse. if i leave it as empty i cant go to next page. but if i put as single i m able to fill my tax return. So i m obfuscated that during her interview i have 2 show my 2013 return what if officer ask y your husband has filed single. but i can't file my taxes since i dont have her social security #. Thanks for your help. God bless u

Timeline

I think it's best to have more papers/documents ready during the interview to be sure..So for me, I just prepared an updated I-864 with info of my 2013 tax return and included my 2013 tax transcript just in case they ask and before that, I already made a copy of the AOS package too that I sent to NVC few months ago.

hey buddy

did u filed single or married on your tax return for 2013. please help me out. Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC does not care on what tax status you filed, as long as you file the most recent year. In my case, I filed as Single and plans to amend as soon as my wife gets here and receive her SSN. The IRS allows up to 3 years to amend a tax return. I asked two different NVC operators and they both assured me that it will not be a problem. You would still need to amend it, though, when your wife gets her SSN.

If during the interview the CO asks why you filed Single, your wife could explain that you were unable to file as Married as wife does not have SSN and you intend to amend your tax return as soon as your wife gets here in America and receive her SSN (remember that IRS gives you 3 years to amend any return). Simple as that.

If this still bothers you may want to file an amended return but it will not be processed by the IRS until after April 15.

Patience is virtue, my friend. Everything happens for a reason.

My wife and kids' journey:

08.09.2013 - PD

12.10.2013 - NOA 2

01.07.2014 - Case received at NVC

02.03.2014 - Case number generated

02.10.2014 - DS-261 enabled and completed

02.11.2014 - AOS fee enabled and paid

02.14.2014 - AOS packet submitted

02.18.2014 - AOS packet received at NVC

02.20.2014 - AOS packet scanned

02.21.2014 - IV fee enabled and paid

02.24.2014 - IV packet and corrected AOS submitted

02.26.2014 - IV packet and corrected AOS received at NVC

02.26.2014 - DS-230 completed

02.28.2014 - IV packet scanned

03.10.2014 - AOS accepted, false checklist for civil docs received

03.15.2014 - Case complete (Praise God!)

03.17.2014 - CC as of 3/15/14 per NVC phone rep

04.04.2014 - Still waiting for my interview date... :clock: Will need a miracle to get a May schedule now.

04.15.2014 - Interview scheduled for 5/19/2014 (Praise God!). It was a miracle!

04.16.2014 - Interview Letter (P4) received by email

04.24.2014 - CEAC status READY

04.28.2014 - Medical completed, interview rescheduled for 5/13/2014

05.13.2014 - Interview at USEM - AP! approval pending submission of NBI cert with A.K.A :o:oops::(

05.14.2014 - NBI cert with A.K.A submitted personally at consulate

05.16.2014 - CEAC status "Issued" after 3 days in AP (Praise God!)

05.30.2014 - Visa on hand (Just in time before June retrogression!)

06.04.2014 - POE at JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks dhruvp77

i filed through turbo tax and if i put married they are asking for social security # of my spouse. if i leave it as empty i cant go to next page. but if i put as single i m able to fill my tax return. So i m obfuscated that during her interview i have 2 show my 2013 return what if officer ask y your husband has filed single. but i can't file my taxes since i dont have her social security #. Thanks for your help. God bless u

Hey

just file as single...if the embassy people ask then tell them that u cannot file married bcoz u dont have SSN for ur wife..... i dont think it will a problem bcoz she dont have a SSN no.....so u should be fine....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

NVC does not care on what tax status you filed, as long as you file the most recent year. In my case, I filed as Single and plans to amend as soon as my wife gets here and receive her SSN. The IRS allows up to 3 years to amend a tax return. I asked two different NVC operators and they both assured me that it will not be a problem. You would still need to amend it, though, when your wife gets her SSN.

If during the interview the CO asks why you filed Single, your wife could explain that you were unable to file as Married as wife does not have SSN and you intend to amend your tax return as soon as your wife gets here in America and receive her SSN (remember that IRS gives you 3 years to amend any return). Simple as that.

If this still bothers you may want to file an amended return but it will not be processed by the IRS until after April 15.

I agree on justgotlucky. This is the samething I wanted to tell suki4498, you can amend tax once your spouse is in US after they get SSN. Though Saylin or other expert may argue that is not right, (I'm not a expert) but I still stand on this.

If CO ask just simply explain that you are planning to amend tax return to MFJ after you get SSN. I confirmed this with my CPA also who does my corporate taxes as well.

I-130 Track:

Feb 19, 2013: I-130 Sent

Feb 19, 2013: Priority Date

Feb 22, 2013: NOA1 Received

Sep 04, 2013: RFE received

Oct 04, 2013: RFE response

Dec 05, 2013: NOA2 Approved

Dec 12, 2013: NOA2 Hard copy received

NVC Track:

Dec 17, 2013: NVC received file

Jan 10, 2014: NVC Case # and IIN assigned

Jan 17, 2014: Email to pay AOS & IV fee

Jan 17, 2014: AOS & IV invoice available

Jan 21, 2014: AOS & IV fees paid

Jan 23, 2014: AOS & IV show as "PAID"

Jan 23, 2014: DS260 available & completed

Jan 30, 2014: AOS & IV packet sent (my paralegal delayed this)

Feb 04, 2014: AOS & IV entered in to the system

Feb 19, 2014: Second IV packet delivered to NVC (Entered to the system on 20th)

Feb 26, 2014: Check list for AOS

Feb 27, 2014: Response to AOS checklist sent - New AOS

Mar 04, 2014: AOS checklist response entered to the system

Mar 13, 2014: False checklist for AOS checklist response (IV pkts were reviewed/Approved)

Mar 18, 2014: Case Completed (As per call to NVC on March 19th)

Apr 02, 2014: Interview scheduled for May 22nd

May 22, 2014: Interview............ Visa Approved!!!

Jun 05, 2014: PP & docs collected from embassy

Jun 22, 2014: POE

Filed: Timeline

Thank you dwheels76 and enzo0601!! I agree with both of you. it's better to be ready with more documents!

Btw dwheels I resched my appointment and got an earlier date for April 7!!! Yay 2weeks to go..................

Did you change your interview for an earlier date? how did you do that?

December 21, 2011 - Got Married in the Philippines

December 21, 2012 - Went back in the Philippines for first anniversary.

USCIS

June 11, 2013 - I-130 sent

June 17, 2013 - NOA1

November 21, 2013 - Case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center

December 5, 2013 - I-130 approved via email

December 9, 2013 - receive hard copy of NOA2

receive email that case was shipped to NVC

NVC

January 6, 2014 - NVC received the case ( no case number yet )

January 29, 2014 - Receive case number, invoice and beneficiary ID number

February 7, 2014 - DS261 available online and submitted

February 10, 2014 - received an email regarding AOS processing fee bill invoice

February 10, 2014 - was able to pay AOS online

Februay 12, 2014 - AOS showed PAID on line/ AOS package sent ( one day delivery)

February 13, 2014 - NVC received the package

February 18, 2014 - AOS was entered in the system

February 24, 2014 - received an email to pay IV fee, paid IV fee, IV fee in process

February 27, 2014 - DS-260 available online, completed and filed up. IV package sent (one day delivery)

February 28, 2014 - IV package received at the "dock"

March 4, 2014 - IV package was entered to the system

March 7, 2014 - Received a checklist for AOS (GGGGRRRRRR!!!!)

March 10, 2014 - Respond to the checklist ( sent package via UPS)

March 11, 2014 - Package received @ the dock

March 19, 2014 - IV package and DS260 approved (via phone call)

March 27, 2014 - Case Completed ( called NVC 2X just to make sure, now waiting to be forwarded to Manila Embassy Yehey!!!)

Embassy

March 26, 2014 - Early Medical (No problem however hubby needs to go back to St Luke's for the vaccinations once his renewed passport arrived )

MAY 6, 2014 - Interview @ 0615 (APPROVED!!!!)

May 9, 2014 - visa picked up from to go

May 9, 2014 - Booked flight for hubby

May 11, 2014 - Hubby's Flight from Philippines to USA (yahoo!!!! 2 more days!!! I will be with him forever!!!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi dwheels76

I have one question. I have already filled my 2013 taxes online. But i put as single since if i am putting married and my spouse is not here in usa. BUt i m married does that make any difference as i m married right now and i have filed as single in taxes. Please help me out. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.

Well too late to change now but regardless where your spouse is when you married you file married. You should have filed married filing separate.

Shouldn't be a problem at embassy don't know your embassy and how they look at that. Some people have had it brought up. I even read recently where the CO said they have to amend their last 2 years now before he will approve them so they are delayed months.

Some CO's look at you filing single as you are hiding the marriage you aren't serious. Long as the beneficiary explains (if asked). The CO's know most don't even know how to file (even Americans born here who have been filing for years). The IRS, H & R Block, tax accountants all advise wrongly on the filing so they do get it. Just make sure the beneficiary gets it if they have to explain.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Did you change your interview for an earlier date? how did you do that?

To try and get your interview changed you first have to have interview scheduled, then your casefile sent to embassy. Once its at embassy contact them via mail and request later, earlier and if they accommodate they will change it. Earlier dates are rare but it does happen.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I agree on justgotlucky. This is the samething I wanted to tell suki4498, you can amend tax once your spouse is in US after they get SSN. Though Saylin or other expert may argue that is not right, (I'm not a expert) but I still stand on this.

If CO ask just simply explain that you are planning to amend tax return to MFJ after you get SSN. I confirmed this with my CPA also who does my corporate taxes as well.

Not to argue the point but me and Saylin and many others are of the same accord because we report what we have witnessed all these years on this website. And people have been denied even filing single and it was an issue. And its all over. It could be just that CO and the other evidence also made them feel that way. But it has been a big sticking point for some CO's why a person would file single when they married.

As i said before long as the beneficiary can explain why if it comes up (and more than likely it won;t be a big deal) that is okay. The CO's mostly want to make sure the #'s meet the guideline. But as we have read many times CO's pick and choose what they like and don't like and there is no guideline for them to follow. So its better to go what is legal and yes its illegal to file single when you are married.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Thanks dhruvp77. I m so sacred as i have read on visa journey that u shud b filing w7 form they give u some kind of temporary # for your spouse and then u have to file jointly. please b sure as i dont want 2 jeopardize my case. I really appreciate for ur help if you can guide me through as i have already filled my taxes as single.god bless u thanks again

Timeline

Hi First of all thanks a lot. You know since i m f2a category i dont want 2 jeopardize my case. i still have 5-6 weeks left for interview. So do u reckon if i call IRS and ask them if they can help me out in this. i will always amend my taxes once my spouse gets SSN. But i was searching online and i came 2 know that they give a temporary #. u have 2 use that. or i can get some kind of letter from IRS reagrding this thing and in any case CO asked my spouse can always show that. Please advice me. i will really appreciate it

Timeline

FYI , my parents' interview took only 2 months after case complete ! Regarding the timeline above , i did some research and finally it's because their priority date is not current , Thank you for provide the timeline bro !!! smile.png

I'm very positive about May now , let's see !

Ummm none of the 4 people were F2A. They are all IR1/CR1 priority date has nothing to do with citizens. This is how it was all 2012 and 1013. Your parents got blessed. I pray its better. I know each of thse people called embassy and they were told its a 4 month wait at best.

You are LPR and frankly, LPR/F2A's get through the system faster and usually get interviews before US citizens (naturalized or otherwise). Oh well It is what it is.

I pray you get sooner. Keep hope alive for May. Nothing wrong with that. I just report. you decide.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Not to argue the point but me and Saylin and many others are of the same accord because we report what we have witnessed all these years on this website. And people have been denied even filing single and it was an issue. And its all over. It could be just that CO and the other evidence also made them feel that way. But it has been a big sticking point for some CO's why a person would file single when they married.

As i said before long as the beneficiary can explain why if it comes up (and more than likely it won;t be a big deal) that is okay. The CO's mostly want to make sure the #'s meet the guideline. But as we have read many times CO's pick and choose what they like and don't like and there is no guideline for them to follow. So its better to go what is legal and yes its illegal to file single when you are married.

Thanks dwheels76. i dont have words 2 express my sincere thanks 2 u. god bless u. Since my case is f2a and i m scared of retrogression so i want 2 b on safer side as other. i Still have 5-6 weeks as i m pretty sure my wife wud b getting her interview date in May. so can i call IRS and ask some thing in written from them so that my case is stronger in any case if CO ask my wife abt this thing.My embassy is New Delhi India. please guide me. God bless u and everyone who is helping me in finding correct solution 2 this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.