22 posts in this topic

Found a place that is gonna do it for 16 dollars. So I'm booked in today at 130. Bargain.

Wow! Super bargain.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow! Super bargain.

so I got my shot locally. and ive been calling civil surgeons so I can try to get it approved and theyre all saying they will only do the full medical. what should I do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When applying for AOS on K-1, I know I don't need to fill in all of the I-693, but do I need to fill any of it in at all? like for example just part one where I fill in personal details? Or do I literally ignore the I-693 and just send the DS3025. Thanks

I honestly forgot all about the DS3025, and didn't file I-693...I am having my interview soon and never even received an RFE. BUT I would send the DS3025 just in case!

so I got my shot locally. and ive been calling civil surgeons so I can try to get it approved and theyre all saying they will only do the full medical. what should I do?

And therein lies the hassle. Many don't even understand a K1 is okay without a medical. Some don't want to bother, Keep calling. Cast your net wider.

Or go back to the first plan of submitting the DS-3025 and crossing your fingers that they overlook your missing shot and think "not available" is an okay excuse. It could happen. If you get an RFE, then pay a civil surgeon whatever it takes.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And therein lies the hassle. Many don't even understand a K1 is okay without a medical. Some don't want to bother, Keep calling. Cast your net wider.

Or go back to the first plan of submitting the DS-3025 and crossing your fingers that they overlook your missing shot and think "not available" is an okay excuse. It could happen. If you get an RFE, then pay a civil surgeon whatever it takes.

thanks. i'll do a bit more research and if I cant find a civil surgeon by wed I'm just going to send in the ds3025 and hope it'll pass.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm also having trouble finding a civil surgeon. I called around today, they said they offer medicals and vaccinations, but not just the vaccinations. They told me to go to the county health department, who didn't answer. Does the health department have a civil surgeon to sign the I-693? It seems like from what I read you go pay for the shots at the health department, and then you pay a civil surgeon to sign the I-693, which I find rather ridiculous to pay the civil surgeon to fill out the form. That is if I can even find one willingly to do that and only that without medical and not charge an $200+. Looks like vaccinations will cost $285 at county health department already. And to clarify, I've read that you don't need the second doses for vaccines like MMR. Just the first is sufficient, is this true? I also have no ds 3025 like everyone else seems to.

Edited by addiction

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm also having trouble finding a civil surgeon. I called around today, they said they offer medicals and vaccinations, but not just the vaccinations. They told me to go to the county health department, who didn't answer. Does the health department have a civil surgeon to sign the I-693? It seems like from what I read you go pay for the shots at the health department, and then you pay a civil surgeon to sign the I-693, which I find rather ridiculous to pay the civil surgeon to fill out the form. That is if I can even find one willingly to do that and only that without medical and not charge an $200+. Looks like vaccinations will cost $285 at county health department already. And to clarify, I've read that you don't need the second doses for vaccines like MMR. Just the first is sufficient, is this true? I also have no ds 3025 like everyone else seems to.

Yes, just the first in a series is all you need for AOS. You can get the shots cheaper at the health dept, but you must use a designated civil surgeon to transcribe your vaccinations onto an I-693 and sign off on it.

You might need to call around to places farther away from you. We drove to one 2 hours away in order to get someone that would do the vaccinations without another medical. Try telling them what the I-485 and I-693 instructions say about those adjusting from a K-1 not needing a new medical. Have you checked through this thread? > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Yes, Juarez does not give vaccinations to K-1 applicants and give no DS-3025 or a useless blank one.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.