2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello fellow FB-1s,

I went to the NVC website to pay the fees and submit the documents after I received the welcome letter from NVC. However, I found the information below on the website:

"If you are physically present in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status with USCIS, then your case will not be processed by the NVC. (You will not apply for an immigrant visa.) Do not pay any fees or submit any forms to the NVC. Notify the NVC by email or mail as soon as you decide to pursue adjustment of status."

I am currently on a student visa in the USA. I already emailed NVC about my situation. However, does anyone know the procedures in my case?

Good luck to all of us, praying for a faster movement next month.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Current bulletin is for August, my interview day is set for September. That means that there will be at least two weeks movement in the next visa bulletin. This is how they always do it. One has to get interview date at least one month before in order to schedule medical, get additional documents, etc

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I just received my visa interview. Via email. PD 09NOV2007. Ukraine. interview September 02, 8:00. Thank you, God!

Congratulations!!!

Just got case complete NVC?????

wooohoooo Congratulations!!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations and all the best luck !! What is your priority date Mahsam ?

Sorry for not responding earlier was busy with work and getting things ready for the interview and all.

My PD: May 07 2007

Thanks

Timeline

Hello guys , I need some help regarding I-864 form because i am filling the form for my daughter . I don't know which one are the best to be filled because I want to fill out the form . Me and my husband filed the joint income tax and all my income papers are including my husband also , so which form is the best to fill ? Thank you guys in advance !

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hello guys , I need some help regarding I-864 form because i am filling the form for my daughter . I don't know which one are the best to be filled because I want to fill out the form . Me and my husband filed the joint income tax and all my income papers are including my husband also , so which form is the best to fill ? Thank you guys in advance !

The sponsor regardless of having income or not has to complete out the I-864, if you are using the income of anyone else in your household on the I-864 that persons also needs to complete and sign the I-864a. This is what my mum did for me and my stepdad signed the I-864a.

Hope this helps.

My Journey

Priority Date: July 24, 2007 (EAC)

AOS fee paid: February 2013

Request embassy change: May 2013

Son born: September 2013 (added to petition March 2014)

Interview: March 17, 2015 (Joint sponsor needed)

Joint sponsor documents submitted: April 27, 2015

Visas approved and issued: April 30, 2015. Had to return to embassy to do oath for son :)

Visa in hand: May 5, 2015 (two working days after issued)

IV fees paid: August 10, 2015

POE: JFK - September 10, 2015 (one day before visa expiry date - No hassle)

Returned to Barbados: September 28, 2015

Green cards: October 5, 2015 :dancing:

Entered US permanently: March 22, 2016

Applied for SSNs: March 28, 2016 (didn't tick box on DS-260)

SSN received: April 4, 2016;

Learner's permit: April 7, 2016 (in NY you also have to do 5-hour class);

Driver's License: July 13, 2016 (on first try) :dancing:

Husband's Journey (F2A)

Married: September 2015

I-130 sent: October 8, 2015 (via USPS)

Priority date: October 9, 2015 (WAC)

Petition approved: March 8, 2016 (5 months to the date of receipt) :)

NVC Welcome Letter: May 13, 2016
AOS documents sent: August 8, 2016
Case complete: September 14, 2016 (the waiting continues
:clock:).

Interview:  October 5, 2017 (Approved - Issued following day :))

Visa in hand:  October 12, 2017

POE:  October 13, 2017

Green card:

SSN:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

The sponsor regardless of having income or not has to complete out the I-864, if you are using the income of anyone else in your household on the I-864 that persons also needs to complete and sign the I-864a. This is what my mum did for me and my stepdad signed the I-864a.

Hope this helps.

They also filed their return as joint.

My Journey

Priority Date: July 24, 2007 (EAC)

AOS fee paid: February 2013

Request embassy change: May 2013

Son born: September 2013 (added to petition March 2014)

Interview: March 17, 2015 (Joint sponsor needed)

Joint sponsor documents submitted: April 27, 2015

Visas approved and issued: April 30, 2015. Had to return to embassy to do oath for son :)

Visa in hand: May 5, 2015 (two working days after issued)

IV fees paid: August 10, 2015

POE: JFK - September 10, 2015 (one day before visa expiry date - No hassle)

Returned to Barbados: September 28, 2015

Green cards: October 5, 2015 :dancing:

Entered US permanently: March 22, 2016

Applied for SSNs: March 28, 2016 (didn't tick box on DS-260)

SSN received: April 4, 2016;

Learner's permit: April 7, 2016 (in NY you also have to do 5-hour class);

Driver's License: July 13, 2016 (on first try) :dancing:

Husband's Journey (F2A)

Married: September 2015

I-130 sent: October 8, 2015 (via USPS)

Priority date: October 9, 2015 (WAC)

Petition approved: March 8, 2016 (5 months to the date of receipt) :)

NVC Welcome Letter: May 13, 2016
AOS documents sent: August 8, 2016
Case complete: September 14, 2016 (the waiting continues
:clock:).

Interview:  October 5, 2017 (Approved - Issued following day :))

Visa in hand:  October 12, 2017

POE:  October 13, 2017

Green card:

SSN:

Timeline

Hope this helps.

Thank you Tracy!!

Hi longlivemania

Please can you reconfirm your PD? Mine is June 2008 and I haven't received anything to date. Starting to get worried now!

Baileys

Just to provide an update on this... my US based lawyer had received everything and we're moving ahead. Fees have been paid and we're just finalising the forms for submission to NVC.

If you have a 2008 PD you should have heard something by now; if not you need to look into it...there is another thread on this forum where the petitioner of an F1 beneficiary with a PD in 2009 (month unknown) has received notification from NVC. I wonder if this means they're expecting a surge in forward movement...or they're just trying to top up the bank account?!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.