2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My pleasure! Good luck on your interview and please do post your experience here when your visa has been approved :)

hi mahsam!i had my interview on May 7 and it was fun and great?experience.My visa status was issued on the same date and i hope to get the visa soon?.Thanks again and God bless?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi mahsam!i had my interview on May 7 and it was fun and great?experience.My visa status was issued on the same date and i hope to get the visa soon?.Thanks again and God bless?

Hi Lianne - that's awesome!!!!!!!! Congrats! It must be an amazing feeling :D

Can you please share what questions were asked during the interview? I'm sure that there's a set of certain questions FB-1 filers are asked and would be great to have a little cheat sheet :)

Thanks & congrats again!

Timeline

Hi Lianne - that's awesome!!!!!!!! Congrats! It must be an amazing feeling :D

Can you please share what questions were asked during the interview? I'm sure that there's a set of certain questions FB-1 filers are asked and would be great to have a little cheat sheet :)

Thanks & congrats again!

Sure?, the consul asked the ff questions:who is the petitioner?what is the job of the petitioner?how many bros n sis do you have?r u in a long term relationship?is he the father of your son?That's all?hehe, then he looked at his monitor and typed something after that, he said your documents are good congratulations your visa is approved.????

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi Guys, I hope someone would know the answer to this. What happens while waiting for interview appointment (case complete at NVC), then a retrogression happens in your visa category during the month of your interview?

Am I still qualified to get a visa during my interview?

I-130 Approved : 2004-09-01

NVC Received Case : 2004-10-01

Case Number Assigned: 2004-10-10

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-10-01

Pay AOS Bill and IV Bill : 2014-10-10

Send AOS Package and IV Documents : 2015-01-08

Documents Received by NVC (email notification): 2015-01-12

Received Checklist : 2015-03-17

Sent Updated AOS: 2015-03-26

Scan Date of updated AOS: 2015-03-27

Case Complete: 2015-05-01

Visa Interview Date: 2015-06-07

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sure?, the consul asked the ff questions:who is the petitioner?what is the job of the petitioner?how many bros n sis do you have?r u in a long term relationship?is he the father of your son?That's all?hehe, then he looked at his monitor and typed something after that, he said your documents are good congratulations your visa is approved.????

nice! that sounds rather painless, well congrats! :)

Hi Guys, I hope someone would know the answer to this. What happens while waiting for interview appointment (case complete at NVC), then a retrogression happens in your visa category during the month of your interview?

No. My understanding is that if the date retrogresses before they put the stamp in your passport you're out of luck. I recall that happened to a poster here a few year back; it retrogressed just prior to her interview. They still interviewed her and "approved" the application, but she had to wait until she was current again before they would stamp the passport.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did they ask you to carry the affidavit of support document to the interview?

Timeline

Hi, if you were given an interview letter then it means that your pd is current on the month of your interview date and as long as your status in ceac become issued after your interview no worries you will not be affected with retrogression of the next month however if your status is Ap then its a 50/50 chance. In my case my original appointmnt is May 26 but since ive read that there might be a regrogression coming i rescheduled it on MAy 7 just to be safe. Fortunately i already have my visa now while f1 phils retrogress this june back to yr 2000.?

nice! that sounds rather painless, well congrats! :)

☺️☺️☺️Tnx

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, if you were given an interview letter then it means that your pd is current on the month of your interview date and as long as your status in ceac become issued after your interview no worries you will not be affected with retrogression of the next month however if your status is Ap then its a 50/50 chance. In my case my original appointmnt is May 26 but since ive read that there might be a regrogression coming i rescheduled it on MAy 7 just to be safe. Fortunately i already have my visa now while f1 phils retrogress this june back to yr 2000.?

☺️☺️☺️Tnx

Hi, I got interviewed yesterday and was approved. Checked ceac now and it says "Issued".

just worrried now since i read the retrogression to yr 2000 for f1 manila.

Will I be affected by the retrogression?

Timeline

Hi, I got interviewed yesterday and was approved. Checked ceac now and it says "Issued".

just worrried now since i read the retrogression to yr 2000 for f1 manila.

Will I be affected by the retrogression?

Retrogression is for June 2015. Any chance that my visa will not be issued even if I was approved yesterday, May 12? Thanks.

Family-Sponsored All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES F1 01SEP07 01SEP07 01SEP07 15NOV94 01MAR00 F2A 01OCT13 01OCT13 01OCT13 08AUG13 01OCT13 F2B 15SEP08 15SEP08 15SEP08 08APR95 01MAY04 F3 22FEB04 22FEB04 22FEB04 15APR94 15AUG93 F4 08SEP02 08SEP02 08SEP02 01MAR97 08NOV91

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No. My understanding is that if the date retrogresses before they put the stamp in your passport you're out of luck. I recall that happened to a poster here a few year back; it retrogressed just prior to her interview. They still interviewed her and "approved" the application, but she had to wait until she was current again before they would stamp the passport.

if you complete interview in same day with retrogress started u will get the visa. one of the persons that i know has interview in november 2010 when was a big regress, but he is recivied his visa

Edited by Hura

PD: Sept 12, 2007

Case Completed: Apr 06, 2011

​I/L Received: .......

Timeline

if you complete interview in same day with retrogress started u will get the visa. one of the persons that i know has interview in november 2010 when was a big regress, but he is recivied his visa

Per travel.state.gov, the visa bulletin for June 2015 was released may 11, 2015 in the US. This is the same day I was interviewed in Manila. May 12.

Per ceac, it says issued. Hope to get visa soon.

Still worried and fingers crossed until I receive my passport with visa on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.