2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey Guys

I would like to know if any of you can help me.

Its not clear for me what docs of petitioner I have to bring with me to the interview.

immigrant visa application part 1

immigrant visa application part 2

I-864

Federal income taxes ?????

What of these do I have to bring , and if have any more else.

Thanks

while NVC and embasy will set you interview date u will recive e-mail with appointment. there u will find something like letter below (it can be different case by case), for example:

Reminders
* For additional interview information and document preparation guidelines please visit the U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions website, www.usembassy.gov and select UKRAINE:KYIV from the list of U.S. Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Missions.
* Any original documents that were requested by the NVC but were not submitted to the NVC must be brought to the visa interview.
* Applicants should bring this letter to their medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination.
* The applicant must bring his/her medical examination results to the visa interview in an envelope sealed by the medical office.
* The applicant must bring the correct size and number of photographs to the visa interview. They must measure 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) on a white background.
* IF a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview.
* Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in the applicant's immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.
* Document Status Description
A = Applicant must acquire this document and present it at the time of the interview.
C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy
D = Certified document received
F = This form is not necessary for this application.
G = I-601A withdrawn by applicant.
H = Photos not required for EP case.
I = The required form is incomplete. Please ensure that a complete form is presented at the interview.
O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements.
P = The police certificate must be requested by the applicant. If you have already applied for this document, no further action is required. The issuing police authority will send the police record directly to the appropriate US Embassy to have on hand at the time of the interview.
R = The electronic DS-260 form has been submitted and reviewed.
S = Scanned document received. The original document must be presented at the time of the interview.
T = An acceptable document has been received, but a translation is required as the submitted document is not in English or the official language of the processing post. The applicant must present a certified translation at the time of the interview.
U = The applicant has informed the NVC that the required document is unavailable.
X = The required document is unobtainable for this country per the Foreign Affairs Manual.
Y = The required document has been received.
$ = Payment received.
****************************************************************************************
Document Name Document Status
CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 Y
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 Y
2 - PASSPORT Y
3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE O
4 - ADOPTION F
5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F
6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION F
7 - COURT RECORDS F
F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y
8 - CUSTODY PAPERS F
9 - MILITARY RECORDS O
10 - UKRAINE POLICE CERTIFICATE O
FEE PAYMENT $
PHOTOGRAPH Y
F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F
F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F

PD: Sept 12, 2007

Case Completed: Apr 06, 2011

​I/L Received: .......

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks Hura

while NVC and embasy will set you interview date u will recive e-mail with appointment. there u will find something like letter below (it can be different case by case), for example:

Reminders
* For additional interview information and document preparation guidelines please visit the U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions website, www.usembassy.gov and select UKRAINE:KYIV from the list of U.S. Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Missions.
* Any original documents that were requested by the NVC but were not submitted to the NVC must be brought to the visa interview.
* Applicants should bring this letter to their medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination.
* The applicant must bring his/her medical examination results to the visa interview in an envelope sealed by the medical office.
* The applicant must bring the correct size and number of photographs to the visa interview. They must measure 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) on a white background.
* IF a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview.
* Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in the applicant's immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.
* Document Status Description
A = Applicant must acquire this document and present it at the time of the interview.
C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy
D = Certified document received
F = This form is not necessary for this application.
G = I-601A withdrawn by applicant.
H = Photos not required for EP case.
I = The required form is incomplete. Please ensure that a complete form is presented at the interview.
O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements.
P = The police certificate must be requested by the applicant. If you have already applied for this document, no further action is required. The issuing police authority will send the police record directly to the appropriate US Embassy to have on hand at the time of the interview.
R = The electronic DS-260 form has been submitted and reviewed.
S = Scanned document received. The original document must be presented at the time of the interview.
T = An acceptable document has been received, but a translation is required as the submitted document is not in English or the official language of the processing post. The applicant must present a certified translation at the time of the interview.
U = The applicant has informed the NVC that the required document is unavailable.
X = The required document is unobtainable for this country per the Foreign Affairs Manual.
Y = The required document has been received.
$ = Payment received.
****************************************************************************************
Document Name Document Status
CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 Y
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 Y
2 - PASSPORT Y
3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE O
4 - ADOPTION F
5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F
6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION F
7 - COURT RECORDS F
F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y
8 - CUSTODY PAPERS F
9 - MILITARY RECORDS O
10 - UKRAINE POLICE CERTIFICATE O
FEE PAYMENT $
PHOTOGRAPH Y
F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F
F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had my interview today. These are the questions asked:

Who petitioned you?

How long has he been in the US?

When was the last time I saw him?

How many brothers and sisters do I have?

How many of them are married?

The C.O then said congratulations you are approved.

Thanks a lot for sharing @Fol0507 highly appreciate your inputs.. :dance::D ... !!

What does it mean if he congratulates right away, does he do it for all applicants ? Or will the passport gets dispatched asap... or still it may get delayed for some reasons.. ?

Did you received your passport with visa yet ?

Edited by G_One

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks a lot for sharing @Fol0507 highly appreciate your inputs.. :dance::D ... !!

What does it mean if he congratulates right away, does he do it for all applicants ? Or will the passport gets dispatched asap... or still it may get delayed for some reasons.. ?

Did you received your passport with visa yet ?

The congratulations means my interview was successful and I will be granted a visa. All immigrants applicants should be given visas unless otherwise proven by the applicant beyond doubt that he/ she should not be granted a visa because the aim of the interview is not to disqualify but to grant visas which is our rights. I was asked to pick up my passport in a week time from a particular collection center. There is no unnecessary delay since all the required documents has been provided both at the NVC and during the interview.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just want to take this moment to thank every member in this forum for helping me and others. Sorry for posting so late , We had our interview on 29th October in Islamabad Embassy , Pakistan.

Catogery is F1. MasAllah Visa Approved, I really want to thank you all for helping me and guiding me. I wish all the best to all the brothers and sisters over here and I do pray for you all too, believe me I do.

Lots of love for you all :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just want to take this moment to thank every member in this forum for helping me and others. Sorry for posting so late , We had our interview on 29th October in Islamabad Embassy , Pakistan.

Catogery is F1. MasAllah Visa Approved, I really want to thank you all for helping me and guiding me. I wish all the best to all the brothers and sisters over here and I do pray for you all too, believe me I do.

Lots of love for you all :)

Congrats Loba!!

And thank you so much for your prayers and wishes for all :)

Best of luck for ur new life, may allah bless you and fill your life with loads of happiness and fortune :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did you receive any package by regular email?

I got my IL last Monday Oct 6 by e-mail.

PD = 30MAY07

Interview Date = 12NOV14

Now I guess I have to wait to get package 4 by regular mail at my house.. Right?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

No … NO package. When I wrote this, I thought I was supposed to get a package by regular mail with instructions, forms and all that (just like in the old days) after getting my IL by email, but I had not completely read the whole Interview Letter. I had read only the 1st page which has the appointment date and time. But then I read the rest of it. Pages 2, 3 and 4 have instructions on how to proceed and what to do. And that’s all you really need.

My case is not a simple, regular one because I have 3 minor daughters that I am trying to add late, so I know tomorrow will not be the end of it. But I am ready for tomorrow. I will have some feed back for you guys the day after tomorrow.

Did you receive any package by regular email?

Timeline

Proof of Releationship in FB1 Interviews

Please suggest do FB1 applicants need to take the Proof of Releationship with petitioneer ?

If yes, What kind of proofs are required / recommended ?

All VJ members please advice based on your own or someones experience.

Thanks

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Proof of Releationship in FB1 Interviews

Please suggest do FB1 applicants need to take the Proof of Releationship with petitioneer ?

If yes, What kind of proofs are required / recommended ?

All VJ members please advice based on your own or someones experience.

Thanks

In my country it is the certificate of birth, there u can find my name+last name, and name+last name of my parents

for india u can check here

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

Documents

Birth Certificates

Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to l970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists.

Edited by Hura

PD: Sept 12, 2007

Case Completed: Apr 06, 2011

​I/L Received: .......

Timeline

In my country it is the certificate of birth, there u can find my name+last name, and name+last name of my parents

for india u can check here

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

Documents

Birth Certificates

Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to l970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists.

Ok, I am carrying Birth Certificate anyways since it is one of the document mentioned in the lists explicitly.

I am planning to take my Educational Certificates about 4 of them 10th, 12th, Graduation Certificate and one more certificate. Where fathers name is mentioned in the docs.

However whats up with any other proofs like Photos together etc... do FB1 applicants really carry photos / or are photos required for us. Just want to avoid unsolicited docs to the Interviewer or is it a usual thing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.