2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you Jahmekya Princess for updating us.

You are sharing the same month with me in 2008, our journey will end together soon... hopes are high:D !!

I have updated you in watchlist, do let us know about ur case developments.

Especially when you receive first letter from NVC (Choice of agent) in near future.

Welcome aboard, and have fun ... cheersB-) B-)

Ok will do thank.

PD December 6, 2008.

I have a PD of Nov 2008. I am currently on my OPT. is it better to go back to school or get H1B? Any thoughts?

Longlivemania, we have same situation, so decided to go with H1B. H1B looks more stable then school or optional practical training for 2-3 years until the visa number comes. If you loose the job on h1B, you always can go to school again..

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats everybody who receveid IL ! I paid the IV Fee Payment ( $230.00) and now I am submiting the Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration( for my son),by the paper version of the form because his case was initiated before October 4,2010.I am sending for him to sign it in Brazil and to send me back with his birth certificate,photographs,police certificates,photocopy of his passport biographic data page,etc.My question is I read he should go to the Police Federal Department WITH the request from Consulate General of the United States of America in Brazil and fill out their application for the certificate. So,he must wait for the consulate to send him this request?He does not have it yet.Other question is what are the petitioner ( me) documents?

About Federal Police he just need go there and ask about and fill the form right there.

It's not necessary have a letter from USCIS or NVC.

About petitioner docs: He does not need nothing about you before interview.

The only one doc about you is the affidavit of support.

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Timeline

Thanks Haljbr,I read here somewhere,the consulate and NVC,accept the federal police and State certificates gotten by their websites..Is this correct?

The police certificate must be done personally.

The certificate made by internet is not valid.

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The police certificate must be done personally.

The certificate made by internet is not valid.

. Thanks haljbr! Your interview is soon right? Congratulations !!! I am counting 7 years for this day! So excited because finally will be this year and my son will be here with me!

Timeline

. Thanks haljbr! Your interview is soon right? Congratulations !!! I am counting 7 years for this day! So excited because finally will be this year and my son will be here with me!

My interview will be march 20.

2 weeks from now.

I am waiting for 7 years too.

I hope till the end of 2014 be at USA.

Dale Carnegie

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I believe the overall activity has reduced in this thread, and sharing of experiences etc...

New and Existing members, do update us about

Interview Letters received in last 10 days ?

Interview experiences who have faced the Interviews for FB1 Visas, who had in Dec, Jan or Feb, March etc ? And your current status, Visa or AP etc ?

Thnx..

Hello Everyone,

I believe the overall activity has reduced in this thread, and sharing of experiences etc...

New and Existing members, do update us about

Interview Letters received in last 10 days ?

Interview experiences who have faced the Interviews for FB1 Visas, who had in Dec, Jan or Feb, March etc ? And your current status, Visa or AP etc ?

Thnx..

Also, I'd like to find out when members get their "choice of agent" form. I thinks it's supposed to go out around a year before they expect a visa to be available. For me, that will be an indication that things are starting to move.

I'm HOPING mine comes through in the next few months, but I'd like to hear if anyone's received theirs recently and what their PD is.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I have to remove my previous Attorney as Agent of Choice, so that he doesnt have any role in the petition and doesnt get any of future communications.

Whats the standard way to do that any Form to submit, Call NVC or Mail or any other Ideas, Which one is recommended by NVC ?

Plz suggest

Thanks

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

The April 2014 bulletin is out!

F1 22FEB07 22FEB07 22FEB07 01NOV93 01NOV01

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2014/visa-bulletin-for-april-2014.html

F1 ~ PD: 30th Mar,2007

AOF Received: 19th Apr. 2012

Case Completed: 27th Aug,2013

​I/L Received: 2nd Jun,2014

Medical Exam: 6th Jun, 2014

Interview: 1st July 2014

Visa Issued: 10th July 2014

Entered USA: 26 July 2014

Driver License 29 July 2014

Social Security# 05 August 2014

Job# 01 October 2014

----------------------------------------------

F1 Watch List

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.