3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In june 2014, supreme court dismissed a part of cspa law....that is "priority date retention" ......... otherwise the cspa law still exists.....do not worry...... if ur cspa age is below 21 when ur pd gets current, then u will get ur visa for sure...and ya, as visa grant told that u need to apply for ur visa within a year after the pd gets current.......keep this in mind.......

---------------------------------X----------------------------------------------X----------------------------------------X----------------------------------------------------------------

There is always a chance, anything can happen.....but we cannot predict the future movement.........the movement is totally unpredictable...............

--------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------X-------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------------

From which country are you ??

See, from all the family categories, F4 is the slowest of all in terms of movement.........

Right now, for Mexico, the current waiting time is 17 Years 8 Months 24 Days; For Philippines, the current waiting time is 23 Years 6 Months 10 Days; and for all other countries, the current waiting time is 12 Years 9 Months 17 Days................ Now you can imagine how slow this F4 category is.........Damn Slow........ and no one can tell u about future movement, the waiting time might increase or decrease..................

Hi Batman7,

I am expecting the priority date to be current in March 2016 approx. I didnt understand this term that i need to apply visa within 1 year(till mar 2017). Is that means i need to apply separately under CSPA. Will i not be considered with primary applicant.Or this is about general procedure that is followed for any F4 visa.

One more doubt, Is there any thing like i need to continue my studies till that time to be applicable under CSPA.

I don't have much idea on process followed, So i am confused on few points.

Thanks

Tara

Timeline

Hi Members,

In F4 Visa, Is Form I-130 the initial form that is submitted by relative in US?

And What is diff. If your receipt no. starts with LIN or M_?

Thanks

Tara2003

Timeline

ya...u need to wait for 12 years........nothing inbetween..............unlike EAD and H-1 people............

I am Indian national but currently living in a Caribbean country. Do we get EAD for F4 like normal H1- Greencard people or we have to wait for the whole 12 yrs to work?

Timeline

For example, ur pd gets current in March 2016, then u should get ur visa till March 2017 (bcoz time limit is 1 year)

No, there is no different process for cspa.........its same like ur principal applicant.......its just that initially ur name wont be there on ceac website, so u wont be able to pay ur fees and fillup ur ds-260 form.........but after ur parents' interview, ur process will be done if u r eligible under cspa when ur pd gets current......... i have explained this cspa process in previous posts.......just go through 5-6 previous pages, u will get an idea about the whole process........

No, its a myth that u shud be studying when u apply for visa under cspa.....no, its nothing like that............ CSPA law has only 2 points which u must suffice : (1) ur cspa age should be below 21 (2) u should be unmarried

that's it.......there is no point in this law that states that u must study...............so don't believe in what ur lawyer/agent tells u................

Hi Batman7,

I am expecting the priority date to be current in March 2016 approx. I didnt understand this term that i need to apply visa within 1 year(till mar 2017). Is that means i need to apply separately under CSPA. Will i not be considered with primary applicant.Or this is about general procedure that is followed for any F4 visa.

One more doubt, Is there any thing like i need to continue my studies till that time to be applicable under CSPA.

I don't have much idea on process followed, So i am confused on few points.

Thanks

Tara

Hi Members,

In F4 Visa, Is Form I-130 the initial form that is submitted by relative in US?

And What is diff. If your receipt no. starts with LIN or M_?

Thanks

Tara2003

Ya... i-130 Form is the initial form which is to be submitted to the USCIS by your relative in USA...........

the receipt number may start from LIN or SRC or something other, it depends on in which state ur relative is living.....bcoz centers are different in every state i guess........ for example, those who have filed i-130 in Texas centre, the receipt number starts from SRC........

Timeline

For example, ur pd gets current in March 2016, then u should get ur visa till March 2017 (bcoz time limit is 1 year)

No, there is no different process for cspa.........its same like ur principal applicant.......its just that initially ur name wont be there on ceac website, so u wont be able to pay ur fees and fillup ur ds-260 form.........but after ur parents' interview, ur process will be done if u r eligible under cspa when ur pd gets current......... i have explained this cspa process in previous posts.......just go through 5-6 previous pages, u will get an idea about the whole process........

No, its a myth that u shud be studying when u apply for visa under cspa.....no, its nothing like that............ CSPA law has only 2 points which u must suffice : (1) ur cspa age should be below 21 (2) u should be unmarried

that's it.......there is no point in this law that states that u must study...............so don't believe in what ur lawyer/agent tells u................

Ya... i-130 Form is the initial form which is to be submitted to the USCIS by your relative in USA...........

the receipt number may start from LIN or SRC or something other, it depends on in which state ur relative is living.....bcoz centers are different in every state i guess........ for example, those who have filed i-130 in Texas centre, the receipt number starts from SRC........

Now I got clear picture. Thanks for guidance.

Timeline

Now I got clear picture. Thanks for guidance.

One more doubt :(

I checked on gcvisa.com . It shows my date will become current in jan 2018.

But as time for india is approx. 13 . It should be near march 2016. Please clarify.

Timeline

But as time for india is approx. 13 . It should be near march 2016. Please clarify.

Timeline

hehe.... :P

there are many websites that gives u the estimation when ur pd will get current......those websites are not handled by NVC or DOS :D:P

Every website has its own algorithm to predict when ur pd will get current.........no algorithm is genuine..........

So, don't worry....Chillax..........Keep an eye on Visa Bulletin......right now the movement is good......take 3-4 weeks movement into consideration and then estimate urself for ur pd............. :)

Timeline

Just called nvc and operator told me that your case is under review of CSPA and their is no time frame for cspa review.when the cspa review will get completed then you will get instructions package from nvc.............

So can any body knows about the cspa review time at nvc or anyone is in same situation ????

Timeline

Just called nvc and operator told me that your case is under review of CSPA and their is no time frame for cspa review.when the cspa review will get completed then you will get instructions package from nvc.............

So can any body knows about the cspa review time at nvc or anyone is in same situation ????

What is your PD? Is it current?

Timeline

my family's PD is current and they have got interview letter and I called NVC and US embassy regarding CSPA and sent an email to both as well - us embassy replied back saying officer at the time of interview will evaluate it if he is eligible or not.

Timeline

My brother is eligible under CSPA - but his name is not included in interview letter --- So I tried calling NVC - they said your case is sent to consulate now only they can help you in this case - thn I called Consulate office in New Delhi - the told me to send an email query with all the dates along with copy of birth certificate, passport and interview letter. I did email them and I got reply back within couple days (I was surprised) and they told to bring all his(my brothers) documents along to my parents interview and officer will evaluate if he is eligible or not and thn tell u what to do next. They will either interview him same day or schedule it on later date. No we are eagerly waiting for 22nd April - And hoping for the best to happen!! Good Luck to you too!!

Thanks a lot... Do let us know once you are with your interview......all the best...

If you are eligible under CSPA, then don't worry right now....i know your name won't be there on ceac website right now........but this is NVC's process....so chillax and wait for your pd to get current........right now pay your parents' fees and send their documents to nvc as well as send the AOS package...complete your case as soon as possible before your pd gets current........after ur pd gets current, u will get ur parents' interview letter in which ur name wont be there as u are above 21......dont panic at that time...........just send ur all docs alongwith ur parents during their interview......ur cspa case will be evaluated by the visa officer during ur parents' interview..........and if the visa officer finds u eligible then he will tell ur parents what to do further...........just keep in mind that u need to contact ur local embassy regarding ur cspa case once u receive interview letter.........the whole process is simple and u will definitely get visa if u r eligible under cspa when ur pd gets current...............good luck :)

Thanks a lot for your response....i have got fair idea how does CSPA works... :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone pd june 2004 ?? I think in this forum i am the only person whoz pd is 2004 a loooong waiting time any other one have idea when i will get my coa or aos normally i think they send 8 to 10 months before pd become current im totally hopeless but im cover under cspa my cspa age is 17 years and 3 months mean i have 3 years and 9 months for cspa so anyone have idea that within 3 years and 9 months my pd will become current ???? My pd is 16 june 2004 i have only one hope and that is cspa !! Guys do u think within 3 years n 9 month my pd will become current n i will get viza ... I think if they one month every month then within 2 year i will. Get viza and i have 3 years and 9 months !! Plz help me n give some hope the most baddest thing in this world is waiting for something and im still worried that if they will slow down speed then what will happen !! Help me plz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.