3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I would be more than happy if i am wrong in this issue.. :) .People at Port Of Entry are not bothered or concerned whether you have a Business class ticket or Cheap ticket..all they are doing is their job...when it comes to the visa process. What worked for someone else might not work for you at times..But, generally, there are things that are known to have helped many people, and things that are known to have resulted in problems for many people. When people here in this forum give advice they are basing that advice on those general trends. All including me are not promising any particular outcome. We're just giving you a heads up....For example...There are random checks done in airport...what triggers that nobody know....As you are going for the first time as an immigrant....It is better to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck

Thanks for your kind assistance .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Does she buy a 2 way ticket !!

Does your friends sister buy 2way ticket ?

Yes, it has nothing to do with your POE.

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Timeline

Yes, it has nothing to do with your POE.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. However are you sure that 2 way ticket will not creat with POE. Here I see different opinion. Does your main applicant buy two way ticket.

When you are going to US plz share me the status.

Edited by ikabirul

Timeline

Hi

Thanks for your reply. However are you sure that 2 way ticket will not creat with POE. Here I see different opinion. Does your main applicant buy two way ticket.

Yes we are getting a 2 way ticket.

01-30 2015 Medical Check

03-12 2015 POE

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Go to this website : www.avvo.com

And ask your question regarding return ticket, mention each and every detail of yours in the question....your question will be answered by the US lawyers within 24 hours..... (u can ask your question anonymously there on the website)

it would be better if u get a concrete answer from US lawyers......

Hi

Edited by batman7

Timeline

Thanks for your reply plz update me once you enter into US.

I ll post the updates here dont worry =)

01-30 2015 Medical Check

03-12 2015 POE

Timeline

My uncle's case status is still showing Administrative Processing and first it's first upated on the day of his interview(10 feb) but the case was updated both on 23rd and 24th February.Any idea wht does this mean?

The consular told that his visa was approved.

Timeline

YES...it will create a big problem for you...immediately cancel all of your return tickets and buy new one-way tickets only...buddy, u r going to get GREEN-CARD, and US assumes that u r going to stay in their country forever...... if they come to know at the point of entry that u r entering US with return tickets and also intend to get a greencard, then they might ask you to leave from the point of entry.......this is not to scare u, but this is a fact........many have faced this kind of situation....US is not going to write this kind of point in their "points to be taken care of" or "laws" but each and every lawyer would advise u to enter US with one-way ticket if u r entering with an immigrant visa......

Hi Batman

Thanks for your valuable info. I just talk to my immigration lawyer. he told me that I will not barred to enter into US but immigration officer will delayed the process of getting your GC which may take more that 11 months.

I appreciate your valuable guidance in this regard.

Timeline

Go to this website : www.avvo.com

And ask your question regarding return ticket, mention each and every detail of yours in the question....your question will be answered by the US lawyers within 24 hours..... (u can ask your question anonymously there on the website)

it would be better if u get a concrete answer from US lawyers......

Yes I wrote to Avvo and answered my question. Please find the reply. This is for all of your info as a reference:

ATTORNEY ANSWERS (1)

Russell Reid Abrutyn

Immigration Attorney - Troy, MI

Answered about 8 hours ago

I have heard reports of individuals being denied entry as immigrants if the officer at the port of entry believes that they are not moving to the U.S. permanently. The officer will consider a number of factors and you should be prepared to explain why you qualify as an immigrant.

Edited by ikabirul

Timeline

NEED ADVICE:I had sent one Civil Document ( Birth Certificate Non availability ) which was originally in ENGLISH only . Now NVC think its an English Translation and asked me for photocopy of ORIGINAL i.e Native Language , How should I Clarify them that this Documents is Originally in English and Not in Native Language . Should I call them or EMAIL them or Write them ????

Timeline

Thanks Visa Grant!

I have a question, I will be travelling next week with the main applicant, but she has to get back after few days, and then come back to the US in 2 months, there will be a problem here? Can she still use the I-551 Stamp to join the US and pickup the GC when she gets back?

So far what I have been reading this is possible.

Thanks for your replies!

Once u pay the Immigrant Fee in the ELIS website and when u actually enter the POE, the Officer will ask for any change in address for the delivery of the PR Card....This triggers the PR card being initiated for delivery...Then check and track the courier details provided in the ELIS website..Keep also the "mail person" informed at the address provided for the PR Card.....If you are lucky enough, the PR card may arrive sooner before your mom returns otherwise once she returns back to US after 2 months, then she may receive the PR Card...

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.