3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Get ready for the rain of COA this week............Oct-Nov 2002 cases will start receiving COA from today onwards................... Good Luck folks.......

oops......sorry......... today it's Washington’s Birthday, and so it's Federal Holiday in USA.... NVC won't be working today........ We will need to wait for 24 hours more for COA.

More than the rain..it is the snow right now... :) ...Every Change comes with a Holiday... :P

Good Luck

Timeline

How you came to know about this ?? Did you receive any email from NVC ?? Or did you check your case status online on Ceac website ?? If yes, then what's the case status on Ceac website ?? "in transit" or "ready" ??

Is this an indication of 2 months movement next month ?? Or an indication of upcoming Obama's executive actions ??

If this is true, then its a big news for us.................because according to my knowledge, NVC sends all your documents to the corresponding embassy/consulate only when your interview has been scheduled or is going to be scheduled very soon. May be i am wrong, not sure...

Zhang San...Why do u want to jump to conclusions.. :D ..Just wait and Watch..

Good Luck

Timeline

Pahib, You are right 11 Sep 02 is my PD but 11 July 02 is my friend and they mailed him to wait for I/L and his Supporting documents were sent to the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok Thailand... :dancing:

Sorry to make you guys confuse... :cry:

sirin, have u finished the interview and want to give us a surprise.....Just Pun Intended.. :)

Good Luck

Timeline

...........The USCIS component of the DHS should be least affected during the threatened DHS shut-down because the USCIS is not running on federal tax money but users' filing fee funds. Still, its functions can be negatively affected in one way or another. One unanswered question is the DHS regulatory management office. On the surface, this function may not be considered a function of high security and it is not certain whether this functin will remain opened during the shut-down...

:clock:

Good Luck

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is what it says when I enter the case number, and invoice number.

Summary Information

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error.

I believe it will show later on, since today was a holiday.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Summary Information

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error.

I have the same message.pd 22nov2002

Summary Information

I have the same message.pd 22nov2002

Timeline

Those who received COA (october, november, december) those are who are above 21 have their names included in the ceac webiste, What could be the meaning of this.?

If you are looking for an answer wrt CSPA...then it all depends on when the petition was approved by USCIS..

Good Luck

Visa Grant,You're right I haven't even received the I/L yet :idea:

So, NVC is busy and does not want to "Date You".. :)

Good Luck

Timeline

November 2002 PD cases have submitted COA today but one of my friends whose PD is OCT 2002 has not yet received COA and when he checks his COA status online, this message is displayed : "The case that you are trying to access is not yet eligible for further processing by NVC". Is there anyone else on this forum whose PD is OCT 2002 but his COA is not yet available on Ceac website and getting the above message ?????

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

If you are looking for an answer wrt CSPA...then it all depends on when the petition was approved by USCIS..

Good Luck

So, NVC is busy and does not want to "Date You".. :)

Good Luck

After the interview is it Ok to ask to the officer questions regarding to when we should travel or what are the next steps after this? so we have clear instructions about it?

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Visa Grant,

Hope you will help me out with this confusion. I was looking out for some info on future proceedings of consular processing and found that an applicant needs to gather required civil documents and I have found this link where its all given in detail on the country basis: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

What it seems to me that I need to obtain Birth Certificate & Police Records only.

In my understanding I need to obtain following 2 certificates under Police records:

1. Police Clearance Certificate from Passport authority.

2. Police Clearance Certificate from Local Police Station. (I am not sure about this one)

I am confused with this because on this above given link where they have explained in detail about the required documents of India. Under the Police Records header, its written as:

Police Records

Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:

• All Indian nationals aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police clearance certificates from the Regional Passport Office.
  • Indian passport holders residing outside India should obtain a statement from their local Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission confirming they have no criminal record.
  • Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are registered with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) should obtain police certificates from the FRRO serving their area of residence.
  • Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are not registered with the FRRO, such as foreigners holding Overseas Citizen of India status, should obtain police clearance certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.
  • Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants residing outside India.

But, on this particular page it says entirely a different thing:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC

Photocopy Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you to the United States should collect civil documents to support your visa application.

• You must send photocopies of all required civil documents to the NVC.
  • You must submit the originals (or certified copies) and a photocopy of each of your civil documents to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Required Documents

Photocopies and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

Expand All
Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
Photographs
Birth Certificates
Adoption Documentation
Marriage Certificates
Marriage Termination Documentation
Military Records
Police Certificates

Each visa applicant aged 16 years or older must submit police certificates.

You must submit police certificates which:

• Cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that area
  • Have been issued by the appropriate police authority
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each recorded case.

How to obtain a police certificate:

1. Determine the countries from which a police certificate is required. Refer to the table below.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States need NOT obtain any U.S. police certificates
  2. Contact the appropriate police authorities. Additional information on how to obtain a police certificate can be found on the Reciprocity by Country page.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATES: Some countries require a specific Police Certificate Request form to properly request and obtain Police Certificate(s). The Reciprocity by Country page indicates those countries.

Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable.

More specific information is available from the NVC, the nearest U.S. immigrant visa processing post, or online at Reciprocity by Country.

An applicant must obtain a police certificate from the local police authority:

IF you…

AND…

have been living in your country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months

you are 16 years old or older

lived in a different part of your country of nationality for more than 6 months

you were 16 years or older at that time

lived in a different country for more than 12 months

were arrested for any reason

you were any age at the time of the arrest

You must send a photcopy of your police certificate(s) to the NVC.

• You must submit a photocopy of your police certificate(s) to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Court and Prison Records

Petitioner Documents

Deportation Documentation

Please clarify this confusion of mine. There's one link says Police Certificate issued by LOCAL POLICE AUTHORITY.

Whereas, other link says PCC issued by REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE.

Timeline

Hi Visa Grant,

Hope you will help me out with this confusion. I was looking out for some info on future proceedings of consular processing and found that an applicant needs to gather required civil documents and I have found this link where its all given in detail on the country basis: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

What it seems to me that I need to obtain Birth Certificate & Police Records only.

In my understanding I need to obtain following 2 certificates under Police records:

1. Police Clearance Certificate from Passport authority.

2. Police Clearance Certificate from Local Police Station. (I am not sure about this one)

I am confused with this because on this above given link where they have explained in detail about the required documents of India. Under the Police Records header, its written as:

Police Records

Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:

• All Indian nationals aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police clearance certificates from the Regional Passport Office.
  • Indian passport holders residing outside India should obtain a statement from their local Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission confirming they have no criminal record.
  • Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are registered with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) should obtain police certificates from the FRRO serving their area of residence.
  • Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are not registered with the FRRO, such as foreigners holding Overseas Citizen of India status, should obtain police clearance certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.
  • Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants residing outside India.

But, on this particular page it says entirely a different thing:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC

Photocopy Requirements

You and each family member immigrating with you to the United States should collect civil documents to support your visa application.

• You must send photocopies of all required civil documents to the NVC.
  • You must submit the originals (or certified copies) and a photocopy of each of your civil documents to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Required Documents

Photocopies and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

Expand All
Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
Photographs
Birth Certificates
Adoption Documentation
Marriage Certificates
Marriage Termination Documentation
Military Records
Police Certificates

Each visa applicant aged 16 years or older must submit police certificates.

You must submit police certificates which:

• Cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that area
  • Have been issued by the appropriate police authority
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each recorded case.

How to obtain a police certificate:

1. Determine the countries from which a police certificate is required. Refer to the table below.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States need NOT obtain any U.S. police certificates

2. Contact the appropriate police authorities. Additional information on how to obtain a police certificate can be found on the Reciprocity by Country page.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATES: Some countries require a specific Police Certificate Request form to properly request and obtain Police Certificate(s). The Reciprocity by Country page indicates those countries.

Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable.

More specific information is available from the NVC, the nearest U.S. immigrant visa processing post, or online at Reciprocity by Country.

An applicant must obtain a police certificate from the local police authority:

IF you…

AND…

have been living in your country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months

you are 16 years old or older

lived in a different part of your country of nationality for more than 6 months

lived in a different country for more than 12 months

were arrested for any reason

you were any age at the time of the arrest

You must send a photcopy of your police certificate(s) to the NVC.

• You must submit a photocopy of your police certificate(s) to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Court and Prison Records

Petitioner Documents

Deportation Documentation

Please clarify this confusion of mine. There's one link says Police Certificate issued by LOCAL POLICE AUTHORITY.

Whereas, other link says PCC issued by REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE.

PCC is issued through Passport office ONLY and its pity quick process nowadays .

Edited by manna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.