KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Did anyone else gather all the stuff your beneficiary will need for the I-134 while we're stuck here waiting around? I just got all the pieces together and I'm sending it early next week, that way my fiance and turn around and put packet 3 right back in the mail. Now if TSC would quit that bake sale and approve our petitions faster... :rofl:

That's a great idea. Is there any instruction on this forum, similar to K1 process?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's a great idea. Is there any instruction on this forum, similar to K1 process?

Yes! Here (scroll down) and here's the official instruction form. We get so caught up over waiting that we forget we have a lot of time to do these things. I know I'm tired of waiting, might as well shorten the wait as much as I'm able to!

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

i heard back from my senator's office this morning. here is the email they forwarded to me:

Greetings

Thank you for your letter on behalf of your constituent, (petitioner) regarding the pending I-129F Petition for Fiancé.

A request has been made to have this file pulled and to be sent to the I-129F supervisor. Once received, it will be assigned to an officer.

Thank you for your inquiry and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further questions regarding this case.

(Congressional only)

| Texas Service Center, Congressional Liaison | DHS | USCIS | SCOPS

this email was sent to my senator's office earlier this week. after 5.5 months my petition had not even been assigned to an officer! hoping this means i'll be approved before i hit the 6 month mark.

over a week ago we called uscis requesting an expedite, they told us we'd get a letter last friday/saturday. Nothing

I just called the Congressman's office in Memphis and honestly, I'm at the edge of giving up. I'm crying like a baby over all the things she told me.. my fiancé will call once he'll be of work but honestly after this call I don't want to go to the US anymore. Jeez, if there was a way my man could come here this is what we'd have done. Oh and yea, nothing can or will be done. Apparently congressman's office or senator can't ask for anything.

I'm really sorry but I've got a bitter taste thinking bout moving to Memphis... it's kinda hard to swallow. I really don't want to go there no more. If we do go through this whole prossess I will be counting the days till we get to leave memphis. If that's how you get treated there...!!! smh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

over a week ago we called uscis requesting an expedite, they told us we'd get a letter last friday/saturday. Nothing

I just called the Congressman's office in Memphis and honestly, I'm at the edge of giving up. I'm crying like a baby over all the things she told me.. my fiancé will call once he'll be of work but honestly after this call I don't want to go to the US anymore. Jeez, if there was a way my man could come here this is what we'd have done. Oh and yea, nothing can or will be done. Apparently congressman's office or senator can't ask for anything.

I'm really sorry but I've got a bitter taste thinking bout moving to Memphis... it's kinda hard to swallow. I really don't want to go there no more. If we do go through this whole prossess I will be counting the days till we get to leave memphis. If that's how you get treated there...!!! smh

What did you request an expedite for?

There was a February filer from Tennessee that contacted one of the senators and they actually got an approval. There are a couple of filers from Tennessee in the December filers thread, one of them said the senator told them that their case was being pulled for review. Check it out, they mentioned which senator was helping them but I can't recall the name (Bob something??).

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

What did you request an expedite for?

There was a February filer from Tennessee that contacted one of the senators and they actually got an approval. There are a couple of filers from Tennessee in the December filers thread, one of them said the senator told them that their case was being pulled for review. Check it out, they mentioned which senator was helping them but I can't recall the name (Bob something??).

The reason we want to request an expedite is kinda complicated to explain but the woman from uscis told us on the phone it could work, however she also said we'd get something in the mail.. we never got it

Thank you very much about your info about the senator. Actually right after sending my message I looked for the senator office's phone number and called them, the woman on the phone was friendly and she told me that they could actually look into it, it's no problem at all (she only asked me when we had the last update, i told her january when we sent it in) my fiancé will have to call them and then send them something allowing them to look into it.

I wish the congress man's office d have been as nice as the senator's office... they totally teared me down n the woman was mean

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

I am from Tennessee and have had a positive experience with the senator's office I contacted (Senator Alexander). There was another member here (the one from December that jfgk mentioned) that received assistance from Senator Corker's office and said that they were very helpful. I am not sure who you contacted - but from my own experience and what i have read from other members...both senator's from Tennessee have been helpful with USICS inquiries.

Who did you call in Memphis? and what was the reason they could not assist you?

K1 Visa

Texas Service Center

12.23.2013 I-129F Sent

01.02.2014 I-129F NOA1

07.07.2014 I-129F NOA2

09.24.2014 Interview

11.13.2014 Visa Issued

11.20.2014 POE Miami, Florida

11.23.2014 Civil Ceremony

AOS

01.12.2015 AOS package sent

01.16.2015 NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

02.06.2015 Case status change - RFE (I-485)

02.12.2015 Biometrics Appt

02.12.2015 Received I-485 RFE letter and sent requested info back to NBC

02.18.2015 Case status change - I-485 RFE information received by NBC

03.09.2015 EAD/AP Approved

03.16.2015 EAD/AP Card mailed

03.18.2015 EAD/AP Card Received

06.15.2015 I-485 Interview Waiver Letter received (dated 6.11.2015)

08.28.2015 I-485 Approved - Card in Production email received

Timeline

Who is the senator u wrote to that sent u the reply? I heard back from my congressman today and they said they sent an inquiry on my behalf to their USCIS liaison, will see what happens after that...

Senator Alexander from Tennessee. The office sent the inquiry on June 6 and received a response on June 17.

K1 Visa

Texas Service Center

12.23.2013 I-129F Sent

01.02.2014 I-129F NOA1

07.07.2014 I-129F NOA2

09.24.2014 Interview

11.13.2014 Visa Issued

AOS

Senator Alexander from Tennessee. The office sent the inquiry on June 6 and received a response on June 17.

Senator Bob Corker has been helpful but congressman's Steve Cohen's office hasn't.

Maybe it was just the person I got on the phone, she was telling me how nothing can be done or looked into, Fiancé visas take up to a year or two.. she didn't even try to be nice. Telling me that there may be a problem about me that's why we don't have an answer n i explained her it's about the petitioner's background now not mine + none of us has a criminal record or anything negativ smh FreeRudeness. However, the one I had on the phone from the senator's office told me they can look into it.

The senator seems to be the one to ask help and not the congressman. Well from what I've experienced so far lol

Timeline

Oh ok lucky u ? thanks for the reply btw

i'll consider myself lucky when i get the NOA2. :)

hopefully you will receive a response from your senator soon!

K1 Visa

Texas Service Center

12.23.2013 I-129F Sent

01.02.2014 I-129F NOA1

07.07.2014 I-129F NOA2

09.24.2014 Interview

11.13.2014 Visa Issued

AOS

Timeline

Senator Bob Corker has been helpful but congressman's Steve Cohen's office hasn't.

Maybe it was just the person I got on the phone, she was telling me how nothing can be done or looked into, Fiancé visas take up to a year or two.. she didn't even try to be nice. Telling me that there may be a problem about me that's why we don't have an answer n i explained her it's about the petitioner's background now not mine + none of us has a criminal record or anything negativ smh FreeRudeness. However, the one I had on the phone from the senator's office told me they can look into it.

The senator seems to be the one to ask help and not the congressman. Well from what I've experienced so far lol

okay, good. glad to hear that you were able to get in contact with someone who can help. the person you initially spoke to does not appear to have a good understanding of the fiance visa process. and there is no need to be so rude! not everyone in Tennessee is like that. :)

K1 Visa

Texas Service Center

12.23.2013 I-129F Sent

01.02.2014 I-129F NOA1

07.07.2014 I-129F NOA2

09.24.2014 Interview

11.13.2014 Visa Issued

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

okay, good. glad to hear that you were able to get in contact with someone who can help. the person you initially spoke to does not appear to have a good understanding of the fiance visa process. and there is no need to be so rude! not everyone in Tennessee is like that. :)

Agree. I have personally never been to Memphis, but here in East Tennessee and also Nashville, people are generally very nice and helpful. I contacted Sen Alexander and have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and his staff.

Try to not let one rude person make you feel so bad. Chalk it up to THEIR issue. Move on and talk to someone else.

Good Luck. :)

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I heard from back from Congressman Moran's office yesterday. I was told that my case is currently in the hands of an immigration officer. It took two weeks to get a response from USCIS, so it takes a minute.

R

P.S. Of course, I already booked a trip to Peru to see my bonita at the end of July. I don't think for a second it'll work out that the interview is the same dates that I booked to be there.

Edited by KandR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.