KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

5 months today ... I'm debating if I should call for a service request or wait another week as my fiancee suggested :( ...

I called today just now!! Surprisingly it only took a couple of minutes to get a live person!

They actually put in a service request for me, here's what happened...

Spoke to Tier 1 officer named Angela, I let her do her whole spiel without interrupting her, answered her basic questions:

• "Are you the representative or petitioner?"
  • "What form did you file?"
  • "Who did you file for?"
  • "What is your receipt number?"

She told me it was being processed at TSC (dur), then she asked what date I mailed the petition. She looked up the current processing time and told me it was 5 months, she said "5 months means to add 5 months from the date the petition was mailed and that according to what I said my case was in fact outside of the current processing time" (exact wording). At this point I asked to be escalated to a tier 2 officer to put in a service request. She said it was not necessary since she could in fact do it herself. I was surprised because I didn't realize Tier 1 officers could do that, I told her I didn't mean any offense (truth) and she said "not to worry it's a common misconception".

She was able to put in the service request, my service request receipt is SR116114XXXXXTSC. She said to give the service center a minimum of 15 days to respond and a maximum of 30 days to respond. She said I could call back on July 3rd if I heard nothing by then. She was nice to work with, phone call was about 12 minutes total.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just spoke with TSC , like 20 minutes ago, they work at December 3th.... I am a january filler to... I am over 5 months...

I spoke to the TSC the week of June 2nd and was told they are working on applications received the week of December 3rd. Next week will be 5 months since I've submitted my K1 applicatoin. I am starting to think the TSC has a generic message they are giving callers. I am starting to get worriesd as I am going to visit my fiance in September and was hoping he would be able to come back with me to the States......at the rate the TSC is going who know when we will receive a NOA2.... :-(.

Has any January filers received a NOA2 yet?

Good Luck everyone!!!

Filed: Timeline

I called today just now!! Surprisingly it only took a couple of minutes to get a live person!

They actually put in a service request for me, here's what happened...

Spoke to Tier 1 officer named Angela, I let her do her whole spiel without interrupting her, answered her basic questions:

• "Are you the representative or petitioner?"
  • "What form did you file?"
  • "Who did you file for?"
  • "What is your receipt number?"

She told me it was being processed at TSC (dur), then she asked what date I mailed the petition. She looked up the current processing time and told me it was 5 months, she said "5 months means to add 5 months from the date the petition was mailed and that according to what I said my case was in fact outside of the current processing time" (exact wording). At this point I asked to be escalated to a tier 2 officer to put in a service request. She said it was not necessary since she could in fact do it herself. I was surprised because I didn't realize Tier 1 officers could do that, I told her I didn't mean any offense (truth) and she said "not to worry it's a common misconception".

She was able to put in the service request, my service request receipt is SR116114XXXXXTSC. She said to give the service center a minimum of 15 days to respond and a maximum of 30 days to respond. She said I could call back on July 3rd if I heard nothing by then. She was nice to work with, phone call was about 12 minutes total.

Lucky you! My timeline is very similar to you, and I called them just now to put a special service request, and I was told by the agent that they are now processing cases from December 3rd! She said 5 months normal processing datementioned on their site is out dated, and now they are 49 days behind that processing time. That means for us the processing time is now 7 months, and I can only put a special service request after 7 months, or 49 days from now.

Why do they give out different information to different peopel?! it doesn'tmake any sense at all.

Edited by morx61

Timeline

I'm so mad I forgot to ask what date they were currently on, I was distracted by the fact that I got what I wanted and felt accomplished, lol.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Lucky you! My timeline is very similar to you, and I called them just now to put a special service request, and I was told by the agent that they are now processing cases from December 3rd! She said 5 months normal processing datementioned on their site is out dated, and now they are 49 days behind that processing time. That means for us the processing time is now 7 months, and I can only put a special service request after 7 months, or 49 days from now.

Why do they give out different information to different peopel?! it doesn'tmake any sense at all.

I think we are talking to the same person. This is beyond stupid. I told her to transfer me to a tier 2 officer and still waiting. 80mins waiting time. And the system can't sign me up for a call back option (stupid again)

Filed: Timeline

I think we are talking to the same person. This is beyond stupid. I told her to transfer me to a tier 2 officer and still waiting. 80mins waiting time. And the system can't sign me up for a call back option (stupid again)

They have been telling us "December 3rd" for almost a week now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi all,

So I just calld USCIS, and this is what the rep told me:

She first said that my case was out of normal processing time, but upon checking she mentioned it "would not let her" do a service request yet. She mentioned they were still on December filers so I asked when in December and then she said "January 3rd". Seeing the last post I'm sadly thinking she must have meant December 3rd... so much for that :(.

I then went online thinking I could do an online request (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt) but according to that:

"If your application type is not listed in the processing time table on our website, our goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry"

So realistically it should be 6 months for most of us?? So frustrated by this whole process!

Edited by amah88

Timeline

Hi all,

So I just calld USCIS, and this is what the rep told me:

She first said that my case was out of normal processing time, but upon checking she mentioned it "would not let her" do a service request yet. She mentioned they were still on December filers so I asked when in December and then she said "January 3rd". Seeing the last post I'm sadly thinking she must have meant December 3rd... so much for that :(.

I then went online thinking I could do an online request (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt) but according to that:

"If your application type is not listed in the processing time table on our website, our goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry"

So realistically it should be 6 months for most of us?? So frustrated by this whole process!

The I-129F IS listed though, try entering the date you mailed the petition instead of the NOA1 date.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

The I-129F IS listed though, try entering the date you mailed the petition instead of the NOA1 date.

Sorry - Yes, what I meant was 6 months is listed everywhere... except when they list TSC processing times...

Timeline

omg so this just happened, an email from one of my senators:

post-177495-0-11976100-1402945493_thumb.jpg

Wow. What a day!

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Timeline

39 days? That's such an odd number. Did you get a Tier 2 rep?

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So finally got the Tier 2 rep and actually heard something new this time. She said it's 5 months processing time, but counted from the month. So even thought my application is Jan 15th, it's in the month of January and add 5 months to that, I should expect my application by the end of June. She won't enter a service request for me.

This is full of xxx, but at least this a new response comparing to what others have heard.

I'm sending my congressmen by the end of today. He asks for a copy of the receipt notice and I don't have it with me now.

I also called today uscis as my NOA1 is from January 15th and I was told that I am still within normal processing time and they can't put a request in for me till after 43days. I emailed my senators and congressman I hope they can et more than the generic "we are working on dec 3rd". So frustrating!!! Ughhhhhhhj

No NOA2 as of yet (5 months on Sunday) but some other exciting news I just wanted to share with people who will understand why it's exciting :) My fiance was having lunch with our realtor today and mentioned that I'm in review at the TSC and he wants to contact the NJ congressman soon and our realtor says (as if it's no biggie): 'oh, he's one of my best friends, let me call him!' and she whips out her cell, calls him directly and asks him to call the TSC for us this week! He's handling our case on Wednesday :yes: I'm jumping up and down right now, hoping this will actually work out :rolleyes: kinda shellshocked

Our journey so far:

27 Mar '09: Met at work in Holland and started dating.

30 Nov '13: Got engaged in Scotland!

10 Jan '14: Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox.

22 Jan '14: NOA1 received.

29 Jun '14: Congressman Lobiondo inquired at TSC about our case.

16 Jul '14: Senator Menendez inquired at TSC about our case.

21 Jul '14: NOA2 approved!! (180 days)

23 Jul '14: Case sent to NVC.

01 Aug '14: Received NVC case number.

07 Aug '14: Case sent to Dutch consulate.

13 Aug '14: Packet 3 received, completed the DS-160 form.

15 Aug '14: Sent Packet 3 back to the consulate.

21 Aug '14: Packet 4 received with interview date.

02 Sep '14: Medical examination.

16 Sep '14: Interview --> APPROVED!!

20 Sep '14: Passport with visa returned.

12 Oct '14: POE, entered the USA!

14 Nov '14: Married! <3

24 Dec '14: Filed AOS/EAD.

31 Dec '14: AOS/EAD NOA1's received.

29 Jan '15: AOS RFE received for 2014 tax return.

23 Feb '15: AOS RFE response sent.

13 Mar '15: EAD RFE received for legal married name affidavit.

17 Mar '15: EAD RFE response sent.

29 Apr '15: Filed InfoPass to find out why I still didn't get biometrics appt.

06 May '15: Biometrics appointment.

14 May '15: Received EAD (finally!)

22 July '15: Interview waived.

08 Sep '15: Got my Green Card!

nZV0p1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.