muzk2014

CONFUSED BUT HAPPY!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

WELL GUYS I'M SO EXCITED BUT ALSO VERY CONFUSED OK... SO MY WIFES INTERVIEW WAS ON 6TH OF MARCH BUT GOT RESCHDULED TO 28TH OF FEB.... BEFORE THAT THE EMBASSY ASKED HER FOR POLICE CERTIFICATES AND ALSO POINTED OUT THAT HER NAME WAS INCORRECT ON HER PASSPORT...SO SHE WENT TO DROP OFF THE DOCUMENTS AND SHE GOT AN INTERVIEW ON THE SPOT.... AT THE END OF THE INTERVIEW THE CONSULAR TOLD HER" OKAY WE ARE DONE... I WILL PRINT OUT A LETTER FOR YOU" MY WIFE ASKED WHAT LETTER DID WE JUST CONDUCT A INTERVIEW? SHE REPLIED YES THATS WHY I HAD YOU TAKE THE OATH... SO THE LETTER IS FORM 221-G IT SAID WE DENY YOUR INTERVIEW BECAUSE YOU DID NOT COMPLY WITH BLAH BLAH BUT UNDER IT IT SAID IN THE REMARKS *VISA APPROVED , BUT WAITING ON NEW PASSPORT...

SO THIS MEANS ITS ALREADY APPROVED ??? NO MORE CHANCE OF AP THEY ARE JUST WAITING ON PASSPORT SO THEY CAN STAMP IT RIGHT?

HOW DOES THIS WORK..

Timeline

well I apologize if anyone has perceived my caps in this way. but with the g-221 it says in remarks

"case approved, waiting on new passport:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

well I apologize if anyone has perceived my caps in this way. but with the g-221 it says in remarks

"case approved, waiting on new passport:

most likely the embassy wants the "correct" name on the passport. Call and find out for sure

Good luck

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Timeline

Thanks pob yes this is what they want.. what I'm wondering is the 221g says under remarks "visa approved but waiting for new passport" so if it says approved it can't possibly goto ap for some crazy reason can it? And also my wife n I hit our 2 year anniversary this 10th of feb .. but 221g says cr1 visa should I ask to correct? Or just shutup n go w it instead of creating further issue .. will they have to re interview to make the change?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.