vanessamaagad

1040 (Income tax return) PLEASE HELP!

26 posts in this topic

Yes what you're saying makes sense to me. But so does how I know I felt about the handing out of so much personal information.

For my own self, it wasn't my fiancee seeing the information, it was all the people it was getting handed off to that worried me. Embassy, CFO, other people in her house, etc... Also she didn't really understand what parts of the documents are dangerous if they get out in circulation. What we did is she had two copies of things. One set to show but not allow to be taken and another set they could have, which had things like the SS number blacked out. We talked about what was the sensitive documents and which were no big deal. She learned a lot, and I felt a lot more comfortable with her handling of them then. She actually hand carried back all the original and sensitive documents when she came here. The extra edited copies her family used as paper in the Philippines.

This is really a stressful time on both sides. Until he actually sees how you handle having that type of information in hand, its hard to trust until he know's you truly understand it. For you, you're taking it very personal that this reflects on his trust of you. For him its more likely he's worried who is going to have copies of this information, and even just a little burn out at feeling people are asking him to bend over, spread his cheeks and let the world have its way with him.

I trust my wife completely. But I also know she had a lot to learn about fraud and what type of information to keep safe. What she learned when all those documents were sent over, is just a fraction of what she's learned since she been in the USA. She never imagined there were so many different attempts going on to steal personal information from Americans. But for us Americans, this mostly comes as second nature because we're warned about it constantly and most of us have had cases of dealing directly with fraud.

I agree with you. You and my fiance are think in same way. He shares all of the information with me. But he really annoyed that other people beside me could see that confidential information. I understood when he explained to me that I need to keep all information safe since I had to print all financial things at work because my printer at my home not working properly. But the end of the day, he said will do everything to make sure we have all those papers and passed the interview. He then gave me his bank accounts statement, paycheck, insurance policies, bond and stock papers, etc, for additional documents in case we needed it and I kept my words to keep all those were safe with me.

For the OP: Just trying to be in his shoes. And there is a less fight about that!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got his ITR for 2012 and 2013 guys.. He did file

His taxes, he just thought i don't need it.. But finally i have it

After 4 days of bugging him about it..

I will have my interview tomorrow morning, i hope i will

Hear the good news like everyone does..

Wish me luck guys! :)

AOS

7-25-2014 - Sent off the packet I-485 && I-765

7-29-2014 - Recieved NOA's

8-25-2014 - Appointment letter Received (Biometrics) Dated for 8/29/14

8-27-2014 - Early Walk-in SUCCESSFUL!

10-3-2014 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION!!

10-9-2014 - EAD has been Mailed - IN TRANSIT!

10-11-2014 - EAD Received!! :)

Timeline

Well u both don't know the reason why we fight.. So..

And if u want ur partner to be with u which that is really the

Plan then why not do everything needed to get it all done right? lol

And everyone know's that the documents that are sent in

The embassy are well guarded. If that makes the american

Petitioner informations/identity harm then why did they put

That in their one of requirements.. Im sure its not the president

Of the Philippines nor Indonesia made that requirements right? Makes sense

Edited by vanessamaagad

AOS

7-25-2014 - Sent off the packet I-485 && I-765

7-29-2014 - Recieved NOA's

8-25-2014 - Appointment letter Received (Biometrics) Dated for 8/29/14

8-27-2014 - Early Walk-in SUCCESSFUL!

10-3-2014 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION!!

10-9-2014 - EAD has been Mailed - IN TRANSIT!

10-11-2014 - EAD Received!! :)

I got his ITR for 2012 and 2013 guys.. He did file

His taxes, he just thought i don't need it.. But finally i have it

After 4 days of bugging him about it..

I will have my interview tomorrow morning, i hope i will

Hear the good news like everyone does..

Wish me luck guys! smile.png

Great news! He woke up and smelled the coffee finally. Did the instructions from the embassy clue him in that it is required?

Good luck on your interview.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do i need 1040 (Income tax return) for my interview (USEM Manila) even if my

fiance is not self employed? I've been arguing with him about this

and it just bothered me a lot. Please i need all your answers.. Thank you!

YES. The embassy instructions letter requires the most recent tax return and W-2. For the most part ignore the instructions for the I-134. Follow the embassy instructions letter.]

There is a link below leading to all this information.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Easy, girl! :) When you get here, you will understand how sensitive and big identity theft is. In Philippines, we just don't care because we don't have a centralized database such as it is in US. The information that a SSN has is beyond numbers. But all US government systems have access to this anyway. Happy for you that your fiance finally agreed to send his ITRs. Ace that interview! :)

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

But wait until the CFO asks to see the exact same documents. The tax copies with the SSN blacked out were for them to see.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Yes what you're saying makes sense to me. But so does how I know I felt about the handing out of so much personal information.

For my own self, it wasn't my fiancee seeing the information, it was all the people it was getting handed off to that worried me. Embassy, CFO, other people in her house, etc... Also she didn't really understand what parts of the documents are dangerous if they get out in circulation. What we did is she had two copies of things. One set to show but not allow to be taken and another set they could have, which had things like the SS number blacked out. We talked about what was the sensitive documents and which were no big deal. She learned a lot, and I felt a lot more comfortable with her handling of them then. She actually hand carried back all the original and sensitive documents when she came here. The extra edited copies her family used as paper in the Philippines.

This is really a stressful time on both sides. Until he actually sees how you handle having that type of information in hand, its hard to trust until he know's you truly understand it. For you, you're taking it very personal that this reflects on his trust of you. For him its more likely he's worried who is going to have copies of this information, and even just a little burn out at feeling people are asking him to bend over, spread his cheeks and let the world have its way with him.

I trust my wife completely. But I also know she had a lot to learn about fraud and what type of information to keep safe. What she learned when all those documents were sent over, is just a fraction of what she's learned since she been in the USA. She never imagined there were so many different attempts going on to steal personal information from Americans. But for us Americans, this mostly comes as second nature because we're warned about it constantly and most of us have had cases of dealing directly with fraud.

HI Caryh... I have the exact same concerns you have! So, on the1040 and W2, was it okay to black out the SS number? I am planning to tell my fiance to do the same thing. I am not comfortable on having other people aside from my him to get a hold of those 9 precious digits!!! =)

HI Caryh... I have the exact same concerns you have! So, on the1040 and W2, was it okay to black out the SS number? I am planning to tell my fiance to do the same thing. I am not comfortable on having other people aside from my him to get a hold of those 9 precious digits!!! =)

I prepared clean copies and backed out copies for my wife. I gave her the instructions, clean copies were not to be given to anyone, just shown. Except the embassy could get clean copies if they needed them, but to offer the blacked out copies first. I forget if the embassy took the clean copies. The CFO was happy with the blacked out copies. I didn't give the 1040 forms, I had transcripts from the IRS instead, and also the W-2s.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.