CheekyMonkeys154

After petition is approved

7 posts in this topic

This is going to sound stupid, but I have read over the sites so many times and I don't want to be confused. After I file my petition for my fiance and it gets approved and it goes to the embassy where he is in London for review. What happens next can someone direct me to a timeline of how things should go? I know that he will have an interview set up but he needs to get is information for the interview. What all is needed? When should he do his medical? I think I know but I have read so much till I think I have confused myself. Any clear information would help me so much. Thank you all. And I'm sorry to sound so new.

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Thank you all so much. Also for the affidavit of support do you only need paystubs, bank account statements, W2, and taxes from last year. Or do you have to have a signed statement from the bank showing stuff? I am asking because I keep finding conflicting information. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Focus on what your Embassy needs/asks for. Don't forget that different embassies ask for different things, so when you read up on what everyone is posting, it becomes easy to get confused. VJ has lots of info on London procedures. Focus on those. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Thank you all so much. Also for the affidavit of support do you only need paystubs, bank account statements, W2, and taxes from last year. Or do you have to have a signed statement from the bank showing stuff? I am asking because I keep finding conflicting information. Thank you.

Read the London K1 Guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/ you were already given in post #3 and it will answer that question. It's your survival Bible for UK procedures.

Each consulate is different so what is accepted at London may be different from Manila or Timbuktu. After you study the whole guide (10 posts, no garbage chat) then ask what you still don't understand in the UK forum found here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You guys are amazing. It definitely is easier to understand that some of the other places of info. Thank you all I appreciate it so much!

Deborah ~ Neil

dancin5hr.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.