raajaji

Interview Date at BMB

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I am bit confused and frustrated by the information that NVC provided to me but hoping someone can help me. We received our interview date from NVC last week via EMAIL that basically said what to bring to the interview. well, i am hearing from some people that Biometric appt needs to be scheduled before the interview and one said that fingerprint happens on the day of interview.

When I go visit the website for the VAC, it talks about DS-160 but I filed DS-260. So, do immigrant visa applicant need to go thru VAC prior to the interview or does the biometric happen during the interivew?

Timeline

Hello,

I am bit confused and frustrated by the information that NVC provided to me but hoping someone can help me. We received our interview date from NVC last week via EMAIL that basically said what to bring to the interview. well, i am hearing from some people that Biometric appt needs to be scheduled before the interview and one said that fingerprint happens on the day of interview.

When I go visit the website for the VAC, it talks about DS-160 but I filed DS-260. So, do immigrant visa applicant need to go thru VAC prior to the interview or does the biometric happen during the interivew?

your fingerprint will happen during interview. but u have to get your medical done before the interview

can i ask you when did your case get complete

Edited by aptiger

USCIS

3/5/13 - Sent I-130 (Phenix Lockbox) UPS Overnight

3/11/13 - Cleared the check

3/19/13 - NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 3/6/13 (MSC)

6/10/13 - Case was Touched

6/19/13 - call from senator office

7/8/13 - Case show up online as Initial Review for the first time

10/24/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to other USCIS office)

10/25/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to local USCIS office)

10/28/13 - Hard Copy transferred mail (CSC)

10/30/13 - Case update email (transferred and is now being processed)

11/4/13 - Case was Touched

11/22/13 - Received NOA2 via text/email (CSC) Moving on to NVC

11/29/13 - Received NOA2 Hard copy mail

NVC

12/2/13 - NVC Received file (at dock)

12/6/13 - NVC Received file (in building)

12/19/13 - Enter into Computer

12/20/13 - NVC Case & Invoice # assigned (Call NVC)

12/31/13 - DS-261 Available & Submitted (AOS, IV fee not available)

01/02/14 - AOS Bill Available & Paid

​01/06/14 - AOS Shows as 'PAID'

01/06/14 - Sent I-864 Package (Delivered on 1/7/14)

01/09/14 - NVC Scanned The I-864

01/13/14 - IV Bill Available & Paid

01/15/14 - IV Shows as 'PAID'

01/15/14 - DS-260 Available & Submitted

01/15/14 - Sent IV Package (Delivered on 1/16/14)

01/17/14 - NVC Scanned The IV Package

01/29/14 - Call NVC find out got Checklist ( they wanted job letter) I-864 is OK

01/30/14 - Received Checklist via email (said reviewed Ds-260 and instructed me to send in civil documents).

( Same email instructed me to submit job letter)

01/30/14 - Send Checklist(job letter)-( Delivered on 1/31/14)

02/03/14 - NVC scanned the checklist

02/07/14 - civil document review and accepted

02/24/14 - Case Complete

-------------------------------------------------------------------

02/28/14 - Received P4 Eamil

04/28/14 - Interview(Mumbai)

05/13/14 - POE - San francisco

Timeline

your fingerprint will happen during interview. but u have to get your medical done before the interview

just replied to ur PM

Edited by raajaji

Timeline

actually... Are you sure????

Effective December 23, 2013, all Immigrant Visa applicants must complete the DS-260 online immigrant visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac and login to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in to schedule an appointment at Visa Application Center(VAC) for biometric fingerprint and photograph collection prior to their Embassy or Consulate appointment. Click here for the new procedure. Failure to follow these new procedures will significantly delay visa processing

Has your visa application been approved? You can check whether your visa is ready to be collected using only your passport number and the status tracker . Passports not collected within 14 days from service centers or 7 days from Blue Dart locations will be returned to the Embassy/Consulate at great delay to you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Totally wrong with respect to the fingerprinting advise! . Please make sure you know the information correctly before you venture out to give it to others!

Wife had her interview on Feb 3rd 2014 and i was there with her. First and foremost you need to register and create a profile on https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India.

Second once you are done creating the profile, you need to schedule for fingerprinting and biometrics at any of the OFC centers located here based on where your wife is located by logging in to that website. In our case wife was at chennai and had her fingerprints done at chennai location center but her VISA interview was at mumbai. Your wife needs to take her DS260 confirmation page to the OFC center(http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-ofc.asp) and make sure she gets a stamp from OFC on that Ds260 confirmation page and that is the evidence that she got her fingerprint done at OFC center. This is extremely important and security at the consulate will not let your wife in without the DS260 confirmation page with OFC stamp and I/L.

On the day of my wife's interview another elderly couple who were in the Immigrant visa line to get in to the consulate were DENIED ENTRY because they did not take the fingerprint/biometrics at VAC locations before coming for the VISA interview. I don't know if they got their interview rescheduled but anyway don't make that mistake!

Steps:-

1) Create a profile at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India

2) log in and schedule your fingerprinting/biometrics.

3) Get your fingerprint/biometrics and make sure you get the stamp from the OFC center on DS260 confirmation page. Keep that safe since you need to show that and I/L on the VISA interview day at the consulate to get in.

4) Get your medicals done

5) Attend VISA interview.

Goodluck.

Edited by vkrishn

Timeline

Totally wrong with respect to the fingerprinting advise! . Please make sure you know the information correctly before you venture out to give it to others!

Wife had her interview on Feb 3rd 2014 and i was there with her. First and foremost you need to register and create a profile on https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India.

Second once you are done creating the profile, you need to schedule for fingerprinting and biometrics at any of the OFC centers located here based on where your wife is located by logging in to that website. In our case wife was at chennai and had her fingerprints done at chennai location center but her VISA interview was at mumbai. Your wife needs to take her DS260 confirmation page to the OFC center(http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-ofc.asp) and make sure she gets a stamp from OFC on that Ds260 confirmation page and that is the evidence that she got her fingerprint done at OFC center. This is extremely important and security at the consulate will not let your wife in without the DS260 confirmation page with OFC stamp and I/L.

On the day of my wife's interview another elderly couple who were in the Immigrant visa line to get in to the consulate were DENIED ENTRY because they did not take the fingerprint/biometrics at VAC locations before coming for the VISA interview. I don't know if they got their interview rescheduled but anyway don't make that mistake!

1) Create a profile at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India

3) Get your fingerprint/biometrics and make sure you get the stamp from the OFC center on DS260 confirmation page. Keep that safe since you need to show that and I/L on the VISA interview day at the consulate to get in.

Goodluck.

Correct.... I just called the Mumbai Consulate before they closed at 8PM EST and spoke the rep and he informed me that to book appt before the interview. The NEW rules were in place in 12/2013. So, I guess anyone who is going for mumbai consulate... get ur biometric done BEFORE the intervew.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Goodluck.

That thing also says to obtain PCC from RPO before coming to the interview. I am quoting the text from that website.

Step 1

Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office (The validity of the PCC is one year from the date of issue. Bring the new PCC if the one you have submitted has already expired.) Also note that if you have lived in any foreign country for more than a year after reaching the age of 16 years, you are also required to submit the PCC from that country.

Note: Without the Indian police clearance certificate, you will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai on your interview date. If you do not have your police clearance certificate in time, you will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date.

Does that mean that the applicant does not have to take another PCC if the one submitted to NVC is still valid ?

Normally PCC is valid for 1 year ( Its another story that some people say 6 months )

It also says without PCC, applicant wont be allowed in the consulate. Now if the PCC submitted to NVC is still valid and current, how the heck are we supposed to show it before interview, if we have already submitted it to NVC.

This new process has left me totally confused.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I think I myself got the answer to my question. When PCC is granted, the stamp the passport. If that date is more than a year old, then a new PCC is needed. At the consulate if one shows the date on the stamp and if its less than a year, entry will be allowed otherwise no.

Guys correct me if i am wrong.

Timeline

That thing also says to obtain PCC from RPO before coming to the interview. I am quoting the text from that website.

Step 1

Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office (The validity of the PCC is one year from the date of issue. Bring the new PCC if the one you have submitted has already expired.) Also note that if you have lived in any foreign country for more than a year after reaching the age of 16 years, you are also required to submit the PCC from that country.

Note: Without the Indian police clearance certificate, you will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai on your interview date. If you do not have your police clearance certificate in time, you will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date.

Does that mean that the applicant does not have to take another PCC if the one submitted to NVC is still valid ?

Normally PCC is valid for 1 year ( Its another story that some people say 6 months )

It also says without PCC, applicant wont be allowed in the consulate. Now if the PCC submitted to NVC is still valid and current, how the heck are we supposed to show it before interview, if we have already submitted it to NVC.

This new process has left me totally confused.

When you get your PCC, you are given two originals. One goes to the NVC and other can be carried to the consulate on Interview day.

Timeline

I think I myself got the answer to my question. When PCC is granted, the stamp the passport. If that date is more than a year old, then a new PCC is needed. At the consulate if one shows the date on the stamp and if its less than a year, entry will be allowed otherwise no.

Guys correct me if i am wrong.

PCC from the passport office is just a piece of paper that basically says so and so does not have any issues/criminals cases and so forth. You are confusing Police Clearance certificate with Passport Clearance Certificate (this is not needed for NVC or during the interview). there is no stamp given in the passport for Police Clearance Certificate from the passport office.

Police clearance certificate from the passport office is all that is needed and they give you two originals. I agree with the 6 month/1yr validity thingy and just to be sure i asked my wife to get PCC in Jan 2014 again. She was given two originals similar to what she got in Oct 2013 that was submitted to NVC.

So she had PCC from Oct 2013 (Original) and two originals from the one from Jan 2014. She took these to the interview and wasn't asked anything anyway.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Vkrishn, just to clarify. There is such thing as stamp in the passport when you take PCC from passport office. I had my passport stamped with a clearance and date stamp along with two copies of the letter. At least this is true in Hyderabad.

PCC from the passport office is just a piece of paper that basically says so and so does not have any issues/criminals cases and so forth. You are confusing Police Clearance certificate with Passport Clearance Certificate (this is not needed for NVC or during the interview). there is no stamp given in the passport for Police Clearance Certificate from the passport office.

Police clearance certificate from the passport office is all that is needed and they give you two originals. I agree with the 6 month/1yr validity thingy and just to be sure i asked my wife to get PCC in Jan 2014 again. She was given two originals similar to what she got in Oct 2013 that was submitted to NVC.

So she had PCC from Oct 2013 (Original) and two originals from the one from Jan 2014. She took these to the interview and wasn't asked anything anyway.

VISA CATEGORY:: F2A
--------------------------------
2011-06-25:: MARRIED
USCIS
2013-07-19:: PRIORITY DATE
2013-07-22:: NOA1
2013-07-30:: NOA2
NVC
2013-08-23:: NVC CASE# & IIN
2013-08-23:: DS-3032 BY EMAIL
2013-09-03:: AOS INVOICED & PAID
2013-09-11:: DS-261 SUBMITTED ONLINE
2013-09-12:: IV INVOICED AND PAID
2013-09-19:: IV DOCUMENTS POSTED TO NVC
2013-09-20:: AOS DOCUMENTS POSTED TO NVC
2013-10-07:: DS260 SUBMITTED ONLINE
2013-10-15:: IV CHECKLIST(RFE)
2013-10-17:: AOS CHECKLIST(RFE)
2013-10-25:: AOS CHECKLIST RESPONSE SENT
2013-11-13:: IV CHECKLIST RESPONSE SENT
2013-11-21:: CASE COMPLETE BY CALLING NVC
2013-11-28:: CASE COMPLETE EMAIL FROM NVC
2013-12-27:: RECEIVED I/L BY EMAIL
2014-01-03:: VAC APPOINTMENT (PHOTO AND FINGERPRINTS) - DONE
2014-01-13:: MEDICAL EXAMINATION - DONE
2014-02-12:: INTERVIEW APPROVED
2014-02-12:: CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING
2014-02-13:: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED
2014-02-18:: PASSPORT READY FOR PICKUP (EMAIL)

Timeline

Hey Vkrishn, just to clarify. There is such thing as stamp in the passport when you take PCC from passport office. I had my passport stamped with a clearance and date stamp along with two copies of the letter. At least this is true in Hyderabad.

That has to be the passport clearance certificate. Did you take a copy of that passport page and send it to NVC? I doubt that. They might give you a stamp in the passport (Chennai passport office did not) but I don't think it has anything to do with Police Clearance certificate (which is the letter and that is what you should have sent to NVC and taken to the interview).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

That has to be the passport clearance certificate. Did you take a copy of that passport page and send it to NVC? I doubt that. They might give you a stamp in the passport (Chennai passport office did not) but I don't think it has anything to do with Police Clearance certificate (which is the letter and that is what you should have sent to NVC and taken to the interview).

I got only one original PCC from mumbai passport office with a stamp on the passport saying PCC valid from 01.10.2013 (Have sent that to NVC). I have taken xerox copies of the PCC certificate. But don't have any originals with me.

I-130

2012-04-11: I-130 Sent

2012-04-16: Priority Date

2012-04-24: I-130 NOA1

2013-06-28: I-130 Approved

NVC

2013-10-16: DS-260 Submitted Online

2013-10-17: Confirmation page received of DS-260 via email

2013-10-17: AOS Docs sent/IV Docs sent

2013-11-26: Checklist received for AOS

2013-12-06: Response to Checklist sent

2014-01-06: Case complete : By Phone

2014-01-30: Interview Letter by Email

2014-02-04: CEAC status changed to "In Transit"

2014-02-05: CEAC status changed to "Ready"

2014-02-19: Medical at Mumbai

2014-03-03: Biometrics at VAC

2014-03-06: Interview at Mumbai Consulate

2014-03-06: Visa Approved as per CO

2014-03-06: CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

2014-03-06: CEAC status changed to "Issued" on same day :-)

2014-03-07: Passport Ready for pickup from VAC in Mumbai
2014-03-07: Picked up passport with VISA

2014-04-05: POE (POE was supposed to be 2014-04-04, but connecting flight in UK was cancelled and postponed for a day)

2014-04-16: SSN Received

2014-05-07: Green Card Produced

2014-05-08: 10 Year Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.