raajaji

Interview Date at BMB

24 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got only one original PCC from mumbai passport office with a stamp on the passport saying PCC valid from 01.10.2013 (Have sent that to NVC). I have taken xerox copies of the PCC certificate. But don't have any originals with me.

From my personal experience, even though I sent original PCC (from passport office) to NVC; during the interview the indian officer again asked me to provide original and a copy, even before checking my file. She later found the one I sent to NVC in my file while browsing it and returned one and asked me if I had taken two originals. I said yes. Just to be on the safer side please have one accordingly. I read about some people's experience where the officers get angry when we say we already sent the originals to NVC. Wish you good luck.

VISA CATEGORY:: F2A
--------------------------------
2011-06-25:: MARRIED
USCIS
2013-07-19:: PRIORITY DATE
2013-07-22:: NOA1
2013-07-30:: NOA2
NVC
2013-08-23:: NVC CASE# & IIN
2013-08-23:: DS-3032 BY EMAIL
2013-09-03:: AOS INVOICED & PAID
2013-09-11:: DS-261 SUBMITTED ONLINE
2013-09-12:: IV INVOICED AND PAID
2013-09-19:: IV DOCUMENTS POSTED TO NVC
2013-09-20:: AOS DOCUMENTS POSTED TO NVC
2013-10-07:: DS260 SUBMITTED ONLINE
2013-10-15:: IV CHECKLIST(RFE)
2013-10-17:: AOS CHECKLIST(RFE)
2013-10-25:: AOS CHECKLIST RESPONSE SENT
2013-11-13:: IV CHECKLIST RESPONSE SENT
2013-11-21:: CASE COMPLETE BY CALLING NVC
2013-11-28:: CASE COMPLETE EMAIL FROM NVC
2013-12-27:: RECEIVED I/L BY EMAIL
2014-01-03:: VAC APPOINTMENT (PHOTO AND FINGERPRINTS) - DONE
2014-01-13:: MEDICAL EXAMINATION - DONE
2014-02-12:: INTERVIEW APPROVED
2014-02-12:: CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING
2014-02-13:: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED
2014-02-18:: PASSPORT READY FOR PICKUP (EMAIL)

Timeline

That has to be the passport clearance certificate. Did you take a copy of that passport page and send it to NVC? I doubt that. They might give you a stamp in the passport (Chennai passport office did not) but I don't think it has anything to do with Police Clearance certificate (which is the letter and that is what you should have sent to NVC and taken to the interview).

You are right Vkrishn.

Let me explain what I did just to clear the confusion for others. The passport office will provide the police clearance certificate for Indian citizens living in India.

Yes I sen't the PCC given by passport office (I got 2 copies) along with a copy of the stamp in my passport to NVC. (The stamp may not be needed to be sent to NVC but was done at the passport offices where I went and might have been an additional step to prevent fraud and a double verification step if needed, at least in Hyderabad PSK).

PS: For others please refer to below link and follow instructions accordingly. I think its pretty straight forward:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivpolicecertificates.html

VISA CATEGORY:: F2A
--------------------------------
2011-06-25:: MARRIED
USCIS
2013-07-19:: PRIORITY DATE
2013-07-22:: NOA1
2013-07-30:: NOA2
NVC
2013-08-23:: NVC CASE# & IIN
2013-08-23:: DS-3032 BY EMAIL
2013-09-03:: AOS INVOICED & PAID
2013-09-11:: DS-261 SUBMITTED ONLINE
2013-09-12:: IV INVOICED AND PAID
2013-09-19:: IV DOCUMENTS POSTED TO NVC
2013-09-20:: AOS DOCUMENTS POSTED TO NVC
2013-10-07:: DS260 SUBMITTED ONLINE
2013-10-15:: IV CHECKLIST(RFE)
2013-10-17:: AOS CHECKLIST(RFE)
2013-10-25:: AOS CHECKLIST RESPONSE SENT
2013-11-13:: IV CHECKLIST RESPONSE SENT
2013-11-21:: CASE COMPLETE BY CALLING NVC
2013-11-28:: CASE COMPLETE EMAIL FROM NVC
2013-12-27:: RECEIVED I/L BY EMAIL
2014-01-03:: VAC APPOINTMENT (PHOTO AND FINGERPRINTS) - DONE
2014-01-13:: MEDICAL EXAMINATION - DONE
2014-02-12:: INTERVIEW APPROVED
2014-02-12:: CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING
2014-02-13:: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED
2014-02-18:: PASSPORT READY FOR PICKUP (EMAIL)

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

PCC from the passport office is just a piece of paper that basically says so and so does not have any issues/criminals cases and so forth. You are confusing Police Clearance certificate with Passport Clearance Certificate (this is not needed for NVC or during the interview). there is no stamp given in the passport for Police Clearance Certificate from the passport office.

Police clearance certificate from the passport office is all that is needed and they give you two originals. I agree with the 6 month/1yr validity thingy and just to be sure i asked my wife to get PCC in Jan 2014 again. She was given two originals similar to what she got in Oct 2013 that was submitted to NVC.

So she had PCC from Oct 2013 (Original) and two originals from the one from Jan 2014. She took these to the interview and wasn't asked anything anyway.

Buddy, I know the difference between Police Clearance and Passport clearance. I have myself taken out a police clearance twice ( once from RPO and once from the NY consulate ) and they stamped the passport. i dont know why they dont follow a universal protocol everywhere.

well if the Embassy itself its 1 year, then i guess its 1 year. :)

Timeline

From my personal experience, even though I sent original PCC (from passport office) to NVC; during the interview the indian officer again asked me to provide original and a copy, even before checking my file. She later found the one I sent to NVC in my file while browsing it and returned one and asked me if I had taken two originals. I said yes. Just to be on the safer side please have one accordingly. I read about some people's experience where the officers get angry when we say we already sent the originals to NVC. Wish you good luck.

thanks for the information. but thats really strange. when they have a original one they shouldn't be asking for a second original. I had asked the passport office while collecting PCC whether they are giving me 2. They said they are giving me only 1 original in october 2013. Will the passport office issue me another one again since its not expired? (according to passport office website PCC expires in six months i.e. in april 2014)

where was your interview...at mumbai consulate?

Edited by jese_1981

I-130

2012-04-11: I-130 Sent

2012-04-16: Priority Date

2012-04-24: I-130 NOA1

2013-06-28: I-130 Approved

NVC

2013-10-16: DS-260 Submitted Online

2013-10-17: Confirmation page received of DS-260 via email

2013-10-17: AOS Docs sent/IV Docs sent

2013-11-26: Checklist received for AOS

2013-12-06: Response to Checklist sent

2014-01-06: Case complete : By Phone

2014-01-30: Interview Letter by Email

2014-02-04: CEAC status changed to "In Transit"

2014-02-05: CEAC status changed to "Ready"

2014-02-19: Medical at Mumbai

2014-03-03: Biometrics at VAC

2014-03-06: Interview at Mumbai Consulate

2014-03-06: Visa Approved as per CO

2014-03-06: CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

2014-03-06: CEAC status changed to "Issued" on same day :-)

2014-03-07: Passport Ready for pickup from VAC in Mumbai
2014-03-07: Picked up passport with VISA

2014-04-05: POE (POE was supposed to be 2014-04-04, but connecting flight in UK was cancelled and postponed for a day)

2014-04-16: SSN Received

2014-05-07: Green Card Produced

2014-05-08: 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

thanks for the information. but thats really strange. when they have a original one they shouldn't be asking for a second original. I had asked the passport office while collecting PCC whether they are giving me 2. They said they are giving me only 1 original in october 2013. Will the passport office issue me another one again since its not expired? (according to passport office website PCC expires in six months i.e. in april 2014)

where was your interview...at mumbai consulate?

I dont trust that passport website. It has all stale information there.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Buddy, I know the difference between Police Clearance and Passport clearance. I have myself taken out a police clearance twice ( once from RPO and once from the NY consulate ) and they stamped the passport. i dont know why they dont follow a universal protocol everywhere.

well if the Embassy itself its 1 year, then i guess its 1 year. smile.png

All Right and to me the stamping on the passport means nothing and you don't send a copy of it to NVC or give it at the interview and pretty much the letter is what is needed. One other reason asking my wife to get a new one in Jan before the interview. is that we got CC on Dec5th and couple of days later got a checklist for PCC by email. When i called NVC i got different response and one was that its a false one and they have it on file and second one was to bring the latest one to the interview. I/L did not mention about bringing the latest copy of PCC and asked my wife to get it anyway.

You are right Vkrishn.

Let me explain what I did just to clear the confusion for others. The passport office will provide the police clearance certificate for Indian citizens living in India.

Yes I sen't the PCC given by passport office (I got 2 copies) along with a copy of the stamp in my passport to NVC. (The stamp may not be needed to be sent to NVC but was done at the passport offices where I went and might have been an additional step to prevent fraud and a double verification step if needed, at least in Hyderabad PSK).

PS: For others please refer to below link and follow instructions accordingly. I think its pretty straight forward:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivpolicecertificates.html

Thank you Shiraj.

Timeline

All Right and to me the stamping on the passport means nothing and you don't send a copy of it to NVC or give it at the interview and pretty much the letter is what is needed. One other reason asking my wife to get a new one in Jan before the interview. is that we got CC on Dec5th and couple of days later got a checklist for PCC by email. When i called NVC i got different response and one was that its a false one and they have it on file and second one was to bring the latest one to the interview. I/L did not mention about bringing the latest copy of PCC and asked my wife to get it anyway.

Thank you Shiraj.

So it looks like for most cases in India, it takes average of 4 months from the day NVC receives the case till interview date is set.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Totally wrong with respect to the fingerprinting advise! . Please make sure you know the information correctly before you venture out to give it to others!

Wife had her interview on Feb 3rd 2014 and i was there with her. First and foremost you need to register and create a profile on https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India.

Second once you are done creating the profile, you need to schedule for fingerprinting and biometrics at any of the OFC centers located here based on where your wife is located by logging in to that website. In our case wife was at chennai and had her fingerprints done at chennai location center but her VISA interview was at mumbai. Your wife needs to take her DS260 confirmation page to the OFC center(http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-ofc.asp) and make sure she gets a stamp from OFC on that Ds260 confirmation page and that is the evidence that she got her fingerprint done at OFC center. This is extremely important and security at the consulate will not let your wife in without the DS260 confirmation page with OFC stamp and I/L.

On the day of my wife's interview another elderly couple who were in the Immigrant visa line to get in to the consulate were DENIED ENTRY because they did not take the fingerprint/biometrics at VAC locations before coming for the VISA interview. I don't know if they got their interview rescheduled but anyway don't make that mistake!

Steps:-

1) Create a profile at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India

2) log in and schedule your fingerprinting/biometrics.

3) Get your fingerprint/biometrics and make sure you get the stamp from the OFC center on DS260 confirmation page. Keep that safe since you need to show that and I/L on the VISA interview day at the consulate to get in.

4) Get your medicals done

5) Attend VISA interview.

Goodluck.

u had some very good info, which i had no clues about

thanks bro

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.