vic&el4ever

K2 interview questions for to accompany or follow!

9 posts in this topic

My fiancee and I are needed too know the pros and cons of ether too bring her son when she is approved or wait too bring him later after we both have a income.

Our issue is she wishes too work to continue for both of us help her family, even with her son there.

We talked about bring him, caring for him here; even if we need too put her 2 year old son in day care.

That is why we need help too decide what will be best for us all of us.

She knows I will help care for him when we both work, but sure there will be times we will need too drop him off.

Has anyone here bought their child later?

My issues are does she still need too take him too the medical and interview with her or will he be required to go later?

The plan is too take him too her medical and interview and if so, does she need too tell then during the interview with the ds-156k telling them at that time if her son will accompany her or will follow later?

I hope my questions are understandable. hehehe :whistle:

Thanks and god bless! Happy New Year!

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

If at all possible, I would suggest bringing the child at the same time. the process will be much simpler. If the child will not accompany your fiancee, the only thing you would do is check yes to follow to join on the DS-156k. If you decide to have the child come at the same time, you will need to submit a separate set of visa applications for the child. If you decide on follow to join, a k-2 visa must be ISSUED within one year from the date the k-1 was issued. Ater one year, you would have to file a I-130 for the child. One thing to consider, is your fiancee willing to be separated from her child for up to two years. IF a k-2 visa is not issued, that could happen. That was a risk my fiancee and I were not willing to take. I know everyone's circumstances are different and will have to decide what they feel is best for them. I decided some possible hardship in the beginning, was better than my fiancee being separated from her daughter.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancee took her 17 year old daughter to the medical and to the interview in Moscow. On the forms they did ask if she would be traveling with her mother or traveling later. We indicated she would travel later. The daughter is a university student and she wanted to finish that semester and arrive 2 and a half months later but did not give these details to the person conducting the interview at the embassy. At the end of the interview my fiancee was told she would get the visa but her daughter would have to return for another interview. Fortunately I was waiting outside the embassy and immediately spoke with a CO about this and let them know our plans. They then told us it would be OK and as I recall they had assumed it might be more than 6 months and that is why they told her she would have to return for a second interview. I don't know how this would apply to a 2 year old!! What kind of interview do they give to a 2 year old anyway?

You might want to contact the embassy and see how they handle those situations.

Also remember that it may be some time after your fiancee arrives before she can leave the country to get her son. She won't be able to leave without AP. I would suggest bringing him over with her initially.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

You can have the K-2 issued at the same time as K-1 and have the child follow to join. the k-2 will expire 6 months after being isued and can not be renewed. I checked that with the Manila Embassy. you or your fiancee would have to return for the child within the six months and with the time frame involved, might prove to be difficult.

If at all possible, I would suggest bringing the child at the same time. the process will be much simpler. If the child will not accompany your fiancee, the only thing you would do is check yes to follow to join on the DS-156k. If you decide to have the child come at the same time, you will need to submit a separate set of visa applications for the child. If you decide on follow to join, a k-2 visa must be ISSUED within one year from the date the k-1 was issued. Ater one year, you would have to file a I-130 for the child. One thing to consider, is your fiancee willing to be separated from her child for up to two years. IF a k-2 visa is not issued, that could happen. That was a risk my fiancee and I were not willing to take. I know everyone's circumstances are different and will have to decide what they feel is best for them. I decided some possible hardship in the beginning, was better than my fiancee being separated from her daughter.

I agree that it there will be some adjustment time with possible hardship too all of us. I love the boy like my own son and know her family will miss the boy a lot, but i agree that time flies by fast and it would be hard too get her son here before the year is over. She would also have too travel clearance if she is the one who will return for her son if she is under AOS at that time.

I don't know how this would apply to a 2 year old!! What kind of interview do they give to a 2 year old anyway?

Also remember that it may be some time after your fiancee arrives before she can leave the country to get her son. She won't be able to leave without AP. I would suggest bringing him over with her initially.

The bottom line is if we let him stay there, i would need too ask embassy for the details and a possible 2nd interview .

You can have the K-2 issued at the same time as K-1 and have the child follow to join. the k-2 will expire 6 months after being isued and can not be renewed. I checked that with the Manila Embassy. you or your fiancee would have to return for the child within the six months and with the time frame involved, might prove to be difficult.

So a 2nd interview then is required? I agree that ever working hard doing all that again with a new interview would not be easy or cost effective.

Thanks for your commits! I need to explain too her and her family what would be in the best interest of the boy in the long run. Too remain in the Philippines for months and even years more or bring him here too stick it out with us.

Maybe having her work part time to start, find a sitter she will like, then kick it into full time and life happily ever after! hehehe :thumbs:

Edited by vic&el4ever

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

I agree that it there will be some adjustment time with possible hardship too all of us. I love the boy like my own son and know her family will miss the boy a lot, but i agree that time flies by fast and it would be hard too get her son here before the year is over. She would also have too travel clearance if she is the one who will return for her son if she is under AOS at that time.

I don't know how this would apply to a 2 year old!! What kind of interview do they give to a 2 year old anyway?

The bottom line is if we let him stay there, i would need too ask embassy for the details and a possible 2nd interview .

So a 2nd interview then is required? I agree that ever working hard doing all that again with a new interview would not be easy or cost effective.

Thanks for your commits! I need to explain too her and her family what would be in the best interest of the boy in the long run. Too remain in the Philippines for months and even years more or bring him here too stick it out with us.

Maybe having her work part time to start, find a sitter she will like, then kick it into full time and life happily ever after! hehehe :thumbs:

a separate interview would be required if the k-2 is not applied for at the same time as the k-1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

vic&el4ever:

I would recommend mom & her son travel together, it would be better a "one step" getting visas together, (medical, interviews, etc) and in the USA both can apply for the AOS as well.

My personal experience: Due to passport issues, my 6 y/o son had to wait eight months to follow me, and in order to get his visa I had to apply for the "Advance Parole" (AP) to travel to my country and take my little boy to the medical, interview, then go thru POE, etc. Fortunately, everything was ok with his visa - but I will never forget the pain waiting for my son -

Anyways, hope you have a wonderful 2007 and wish you a good/fast process with your loved ones!! :star:

New

vic&el4ever:

I would recommend mom & her son travel together, it would be better a "one step" getting visas together, (medical, interviews, etc) and in the USA both can apply for the AOS as well.

My personal experience: Due to passport issues, my 6 y/o son had to wait eight months to follow me, and in order to get his visa I had to apply for the "Advance Parole" (AP) to travel to my country and take my little boy to the medical, interview, then go thru POE, etc. Fortunately, everything was ok with his visa - but I will never forget the pain waiting for my son -

Anyways, hope you have a wonderful 2007 and wish you a good/fast process with your loved ones!! :star:

New

Did u have too pay his interview fee later then? she is getting his passport this week. Advance Parole because you was still under AOS right?

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.