Eveline

Can't believe how boring this city is

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Can you believe it? There are about 100 000 Marines (well maybe not THAT many but close) in the City of Jacksonville, NC and there is NOTHING to do here on new years eve. I have been checking the internet and local newspapers for some kind of event and if it was only a firework at midnight but NADA, NOTHING. All you can do is going to stripclubs, walmart or colden corral OR you just get a booze on and don't feel anything anymore (unfortunately I shouldn't do that being 32 weeks pregnant). We could go down to Wilmington but that is almost two hours away, same with Raleigh and around here....NOTHING. This is the most boring place in the world I have ever lived in. Even my dad - living in a villiage with about 200 people in Germany - said "Jacksonville is not the end of the world but you sure are damn close to it"...Phew...I guess we just stop by Blockbuster and go to bed at ten...FRUSTRATING.

Happy New Year everybody.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

I wasn't in NC but I know how it is. Then they tell the Marines "don't drink and get in trouble" lol When there's nothing to do, you know that's what's gonna happen.

Ah the strip bars!!! When we were under 21 that's the only place that would let us in and drink in Hawaii. So guess where we went? LOL God bless those girls!!! and my money!!

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Can you believe it? There are about 100 000 Marines (well maybe not THAT many but close) in the City of Jacksonville, NC and there is NOTHING to do here on new years eve. I have been checking the internet and local newspapers for some kind of event and if it was only a firework at midnight but NADA, NOTHING. All you can do is going to stripclubs, walmart or colden corral OR you just get a booze on and don't feel anything anymore (unfortunately I shouldn't do that being 32 weeks pregnant). We could go down to Wilmington but that is almost two hours away, same with Raleigh and around here....NOTHING. This is the most boring place in the world I have ever lived in. Even my dad - living in a villiage with about 200 people in Germany - said "Jacksonville is not the end of the world but you sure are damn close to it"...Phew...I guess we just stop by Blockbuster and go to bed at ten...FRUSTRATING.

Happy New Year everybody.

awww....you are welcome to come to our party (F)

I'm sure whatever you end up doing is going to a wonderful way to welcome in the new year- even if it means sleeping :)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I sympathize. We're snowed in up here.

Yeah, pretty much.

I'm still excited about that sorta thing though, real snow, inches and inches of it. Woot! Too bad it's tonight though >.<

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
awww....you are welcome to come to our party (F)

Thanks a lot. We'd be there in about 3 days (by car) :lol: . My husband is from Houston, originally but we didn't make it out there this year. Ususally, we go to a comedy club or something but there is none here whatsoever. Argh.

I sympathize. We're snowed in up here.

Oh no, we'd like to have snow here but it's too warm. I guess we'll just go out for dinner and then try to make it to midnight and watch our neighbors shoot their - illegal - fireworks.

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019