sarah and hicham

I hate PT Cruisers

226 posts in this topic

I think you didn't read my post.... Only an ignition coil has gone wrong with a 13 year old car...Toyota Tercel.. See how many parts you buy for your american car in 13 years...

And I just had a Friend have is Alternator go bad in his Honda Accord...2003 $240 installed.. by a shop

Plus....Read again..... Count how many Japanese Cars Vs. American Cars you see on the side of the road broken down.. Doesn't take much math...to figure this out...

And who do you think is making a wage putting these cars together in the States....

God these arguments.. are so old.. It's almost like someone sends out a manual on excuses to the People who have stickers "Buy American"

When it comes to me walking or riding most of the time..I'll take Japanese cars and some Korean,German cars.. over American...and I grewup Hot Rodding Chevy's.. but now days.. When is it comes to my daily ride..I want reliability...

And when you don't beleive us....do alittle consumer report searching... they lay it out for you very nicely..

Now I need to add something... I would take an older american car....you know the ones you can work on still...Something pre-1974 ...I would own it...because I can work on it without major scopes and Computers.. ..Ahh yes if I could have back my 1966 Chevy...or the 4 door hardtop 56 chevy... those where the days.. :)

So was my Toyota Tundra(American Made) .... So much for that idea..that we are against americans making money...
No wonder this country has a huge current account deficit when everyone keeps buying foreign ######.

my brand new Honda was assembled entirely by Americans, that's gotta count for something

But the corporate is the one making the money...they are Japanese. The money is made by the Japanese.

I don't like walking... I'll take a Toyota, Honda or Subaru in that order over anything else.. Don't beleive... Let me know the next time you see a Toyota or Honda on the side of the road broke down(not outta gas)...

I drive a 86 Toyota Pickup...186,000 miles and going strong... Lets see you do that with only minor repairs with a american car..

Ex has a 93 Toyota Tercel... 165,000 only thing major if you want to call it that.. The ignition Coil went out $25 and I fixed it.. and batteries, tires...which is normal wear and tear...

PS

Chryler would be the last choice car to buy..... they don't even keep most models around long enough to work the bugs out....and how will they be for parts 10 years down the road.. ?

Our other car has been out of production for over 15 years and we still have absolutely no problems finding parts for it.. (its a chevy but still) and our 9 year old chrysler is also still quite easy to find parts for.. Unless you have a very rare vehicle parts are usually easy to find thanks to the huge aftermarket parts market..

Yeah, you're not going to have problems finding parts for those vehicles. Especially domestic vehicles. You'd even find import parts easily too...you just have to pay a premium. That's when the import car buyers really start to complain. HOW COME IT COST 240 FOR MY MAZDA 6 ALTERNATOR BUT THAT CHEVY TRUCK ALTERNATOR IS ONLY 70? :lol:

Edited by Chris-n-Veronica

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
but Heather Mills has a PT Cruiser!!! :blink::lol:

She does!? Whoa. Bad judgment there, Heather.

but Heather Mills has a PT Cruiser!!! :blink::lol:

Gosh Heather, what were you thinking toots?

:lol:

a few months ago when the divorce news first came out.. they interviewed this lady (I can't remember who she was) on one of those entertainment shows.... From what I can remember they were talking about how well off Heather Mills was or wasn't... and the lady says in all serious "but she drives a PT Cruiser!!" :lol: like it was big deal that she was driving that type of car....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I think you didn't read my post.... Only an ignition coil has gone wrong with a 13 year old car...Toyota Tercel.. See how many parts you buy for your american car in 13 years...

And I just had a Friend have is Alternator go bad in his Honda Accord...2003 $240 installed.. by a shop

Plus....Read again..... Count how many Japanese Cars Vs. American Cars you see on the side of the road broken down.. Doesn't take much math...to figure this out...

And who do you think is making a wage putting these cars together in the States....

God these arguments.. are so old.. It's almost like someone sends out a manual on excuses to the People who have stickers "Buy American"

When it comes to me walking or riding most of the time..I'll take Japanese cars and some Korean,German cars.. over American...and I grewup Hot Rodding Chevy's.. but now days.. When is it comes to my daily ride..I want reliability...

And when you don't beleive us....do alittle consumer report searching... they lay it out for you very nicely..

So was my Toyota Tundra(American Made) .... So much for that idea..that we are against americans making money...
No wonder this country has a huge current account deficit when everyone keeps buying foreign ######.

my brand new Honda was assembled entirely by Americans, that's gotta count for something

But the corporate is the one making the money...they are Japanese. The money is made by the Japanese.

I don't like walking... I'll take a Toyota, Honda or Subaru in that order over anything else.. Don't beleive... Let me know the next time you see a Toyota or Honda on the side of the road broke down(not outta gas)...

I drive a 86 Toyota Pickup...186,000 miles and going strong... Lets see you do that with only minor repairs with a american car..

Ex has a 93 Toyota Tercel... 165,000 only thing major if you want to call it that.. The ignition Coil went out $25 and I fixed it.. and batteries, tires...which is normal wear and tear...

PS

Chryler would be the last choice car to buy..... they don't even keep most models around long enough to work the bugs out....and how will they be for parts 10 years down the road.. ?

Our other car has been out of production for over 15 years and we still have absolutely no problems finding parts for it.. (its a chevy but still) and our 9 year old chrysler is also still quite easy to find parts for.. Unless you have a very rare vehicle parts are usually easy to find thanks to the huge aftermarket parts market..

Yeah, you're not going to have problems finding parts for those vehicles. Especially domestic vehicles. You'd even find import parts easily too...you just have to pay a premium. That's when the import car buyers really start to complain. HOW COME IT COST 240 FOR MY MAZDA 6 ALTERNATOR BUT THAT CHEVY TRUCK ALTERNATOR IS ONLY 70? :lol:

I hear your argument but you use a lot of generalizations. "look how many american cars are stranded..." Give me some stats...I see lots of imports stranded all the time. I also work at an auto parts store part-time, so I know import cars break down. I didn't say all import parts will be expensive for every model, but they do cost a premium over domestic. BTW, why is that guy buying an alternator for his 2003 Honda? Seems kind of early for a FOREIGN CAR to have an alternator go out. But he wasn't broken down on the side of the road though, right? So, that skews our numbers.

My last Ford vehicle before this one, I never had to replace the alternator, starter or any other major part and I owned it for six years.

PS

I hear your argument but you use a lot of generalizations. "look how many american cars are stranded..." Give me some stats...I see lots of imports stranded all the time. I also work at an auto parts store part-time, so I know import cars break down. I didn't say all import parts will be expensive for every model, but they do cost a premium over domestic. BTW, why is that guy buying an alternator for his 2003 Honda? Seems kind of early for a FOREIGN CAR to have an alternator go out. But he wasn't broken down on the side of the road though, right? So, that skews our numbers.

My last Ford vehicle before this one, I never had to replace the alternator, starter or any other major part and I owned it for six years.

The bottom line is, people are still clinging to the "american cars" suck thing like it was the mid-80's. A lot has happened since then and American cars have improved dramatically. I was selling someone some brake pads and I told them they were made in the U.S. He looked at them and asked me "what's wrong with them?" I felt like punching him...that's what's wrong with people nowadays and that's why China and half of Asia owns this country. We are a nation of consumers and our consumers have been programmed to think our products our bad or inferior. This is just not true.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can I ask what is the point of trying to convince someone that the car they bought is junk? They bought it with their own money ( I think) so obviously they like it and spent a lot of time picking out the right car for them. I don't think you're going to get mrc to say that his car is a piece of ######, but either way why does it matter since you don't have to drive it and especially since he already bought it and likes it?

ps. mrc, I am not saying your car is a piece of ######.

pps. Back to PT Losers.... barf!

Can I ask what is the point of trying to convince someone that the car they bought is junk? They bought it with their own money ( I think) so obviously they like it and spent a lot of time picking out the right car for them. I don't think you're going to get mrc to say that his car is a piece of ######, but either way why does it matter since you don't have to drive it and especially since he already bought it and likes it?

I know you're not. I am just tired of people who are stuck in time and still believe american cars are ####### and not reliable. Oh well...

I never did like the Losers. Did you see that you can extend the back part of the Loser into a table? That's uber lame.

Timeline

I know you're not. I am just tired of people who are stuck in time and still believe american cars are ####### and not reliable. Oh well...

I never did like the Losers. Did you see that you can extend the back part of the Loser into a table? That's uber lame.

yeah I did see that... I'm not impressed.

Timeline
Oh, I have something for you, Sarah. Take a look at this:

resized_pt-cruiser_23.jpg

Sweet Jesus!

Now do you see the kind of people who own those cars?

Sweet Jesus!

Yeah, I have never seen so many "flame" shirts in one gathering in my life.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

I dislike PT losers as well.

I REALLY LIKE the Ford I currently own, and will always own a Ford. My ex-husband would "forget" to change the oil, and would only do so every 10.000 miles or so...or whenever I badgerd him enough to have it done. (I didn't drive, couldn't do it myself either) NEVER did the scheduled maintenence. Only ever bought tires, and one time bought a new ignition housing when he got mad and did something to it. It finally died after about 172,000 miles. Pretty good for a mistreated automobile.

Despite my love of Fords, I can see the quality of the Toyota..which is produced about 30 minutes from where I live. Most of their support plants are in/around Kentucky as well.

Billy (UK) & Becky (KY)

First email from penpal site: February 10, 2003
LOTS of emails until....
First phone call, 2+hours: March 23, 2003
Daily phone calls and emails UNTIL...
First meeting in person (Cincinnati airport): August 2, 2003
Second meeting: December 19, 2003
Third meeting (Gatwick airport): March 27, 2004
Sent I-129-F TSC : May 24, 2004
NOA1: May 27, 2004
NOA1 received: June 4, 2004
RFE via email: July 29, 2004
RFE hard copy received: August 2, 2004
NOA2: August 24, 2004
Packet 3 received: September 16, 2004
Packet 4 received: October 18, 2004
Flying to England to be there for the interview: November 6, 2004
Interview: NOVEMBER 9, 2004
APPROVED!!!!!!!
Billy moving to Kentucky: November 23, 2004
Married in a candlelit ceremony on Friday, December 17, 2004!
AOS interview: Monday, October 24, 2005 Louisville
Green card in mail: January 27, 2006

Found out about his girlfriend, and her FIVE kids: April, 2016

Divorce final: August 9,2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
-- 1 John 3:18

Timeline

Sweet Jesus!

That's messed up.

Yea that a Nightmare..somebody wake me up :help:

Sweet Jesus!

That's messed up.

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

2/21 Medical

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

9/18 Bio appointment

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Nobody is trying convince anyone their car is a piecer ..Just making a point Imports tend to be more reliable....And "I" prefer riding then walking.....

Just to make you feel at ease about "Buy American" I won't buy a import guitars or amps... Only American... American made tend to be made by people who care...where the imports seems to see how many they can mass produce..in record time..

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

2/21 Medical

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

9/18 Bio appointment