10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am in need of some help! My husband and I submitted his AOS papers back at the end of Dec. 2013 and got Notice of action with a case number about a week later later. I just realized now (a month and a half later) that we did not send I693 or even a copy of his vaccinations record along with the papers. I read some where that as long as you have all the required vaccinations then you don't need I693 and they should already have a copy of your vaccinations at USCIS so I'll be fine. Buttttt, the problem now is his vaccination for "varicella" is marked as "not routinely available". And I know it's a requirement. So I am guessing he will have to take it here and I guess we also have to go to a civil surgeon as well, correct? Now my major problem is, can we send it now still along with the case number or should we just wait for an RFE and send it then. I mean if I know for sure I'll get an RFE and there's a way to avoid a delay, can we just send it now? Any body had any similar experience? And does he get the Varicella shot at the place of the civil surgeon or does he get it somewhere else and we just go with the results to the civil surgeon? Any help would be great appreciated! Thank you so much!

I sent my AOS in November and got rfe for medical on 23rd December so I am supprised you didn't receive rfe yet, did you receive notice for biometrics appointment? What your online status say?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't do anything yet. Don't send in something without first getting an RFE. You may not even receive one, so you should wait to see a civil surgeon until you need one. You could go ahead and call around to find one that will do the vaccinations only for a K-1 to know which civil surgeon you will go to, if needed.

If you do happen to get an RFE for vaccinations, then yes, you can get the vaccinations elsewhere and take the record of them to the civil surgeon to transcribe onto the I-693.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I just read this on the USCIS website:

4. Vaccines Not Routinely Available Abroad

“National vaccination shortage” principles do not apply overseas. In the context of overseas vaccinations, the term panel physicians use to indicate the unavailability of a vaccine is “not routinely available.” Therefore, if the adjustment applicant is permitted to use the vaccination assessment completed overseas,[9] then officers should not find the applicant inadmissible solely based on the lack of the vaccine(s) that is “not routinely available.” Officers should also not issue an RFE for corrective action. USCIS will grant a blanket waiver in these cases.

Anybody make any sense out of it???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, it is possible that you will not get an RFE for it. You might, but you can get it taken care of then, if it should happen.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I am not sure what happened but I didnt send I693 either my husband got his biometrics appt and now they sent us an interview date for a month from now. I have no bank statements etc as he has no I.D. as dmv is awful he has a SS card but it was too late to get I.D. once he got the ss card as his name was wrong etc. We have been living together and married. We got married about a year ago and he has been in USA for about a year and a few months.These people worry me with RFE why did we not get one should I be glad or worried?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.