Newsha

Do I have to fly from the origin directly to destination (k1)????

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Okay so I'm on a K1 visa, my fiancé and I decided to meet in South America, stay there for a week or two and then fly to the US together

I'm gonna be flying out from Pakistan so do you think that's gonna cause any trouble? Like do I have to fly from Pakistan straight to the US?

I don't know where to call and I'm kinda unsure US embassy will assist me over the phone

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AS long as your visa is valid and has not expired you can enter the US with it. US visas do not apply to other countries so no need to worry.

Timeline

Okay so I'm on a K1 visa, my fiancé and I decided to meet in South America, stay there for a week or two and then fly to the US together

I'm gonna be flying out from Pakistan so do you think that's gonna cause any trouble? Like do I have to fly from Pakistan straight to the US?

I don't know where to call and I'm kinda unsure US embassy will assist me over the phone

Thanks

If you find a flight from Pakistan to South America please let me know . My fiance and I wanted to meet in South America for a short visit but we could not find any plane tickets from Pak to South America.

Timeline

If you find a flight from Pakistan to South America please let me know . My fiance and I wanted to meet in South America for a short visit but we could not find any plane tickets from Pak to South America.

Qatar Airways

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The problem is the do not open package. I read on visa journey of a guy that went to another country first and they opened the package at customs. Be ready to show your American visa and explain that there is nothing in there but papers.

Filed: Timeline

Why would you even show your K1 packet or US Visa to anyone other than USCIS/CBP? Well, the Visa will be asked for when boarding a plane to a US destination, but not the K1 packet.

For a South American destination, you may need a Visa for the particular countries you plan to visit, but a US visa is useless and may cause some resentment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.