We Keep Receipts

Murder trial to begin after man shoots teen following loud music spat

163 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/justice/florida-loud-music-murder-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A high-profile trial is set to begin in Florida on Monday involving a man who fatally shot a 17-year-old African-American teenager.

The man claimed he shot in self defense. But authorities found no guns in the car the teen was riding in.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Notice how they said "a man" and then "African-American teenager?"

Let the race baiting begin!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Notice how they said "a man" and then "African-American teenager?"

Let the race baiting begin!

You already started it. If you read anything about this case, you'd know Michael Dunn is a racist:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/18/jordan-davis-shooter-michael-dunn_n_4123805.html

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Um, no one said it didn't. If you want to discuss those incidents, start your own thread.

Edited by Su and Marvin

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Does it exist on both sides of this incident?

It shouldn't be about taking sides.

It will always be like that here. They have to convince themselves it's justified or it doesn't exist. Rather than condemn the act, let's talk about it from the opposite spectrum.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Does it exist on both sides of this incident?

I don't know. Maybe? Maybe not? Does anyone here know either the suspect of the victim personally? I wasn't there and I'm betting neither was anyone else in this forum either. However, I'm sure many here have already condemned the shooter without him even having his day in court.

It will always be like that here. They have to convince themselves it's justified or it doesn't exist. Rather than condemn the act, let's talk about it from the opposite spectrum.

Who are they? Are you inside my head? Do you know what I think?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't know. Maybe? Maybe not? Does anyone here know either the suspect of the victim personally? I wasn't there and I'm betting neither was anyone else in this forum either. However, I'm sure many here have already condemned the shooter without him even having his day in court.

If the quotes attributed to the guy are accurate then he is racist. Did he shoot the 17 year old out of that racis? I have no idea.

The man claimed he shot in self defense. But authorities found no guns in the car the teen was riding in.

Of course they didn't.

Self defense. :lol:

Who are they? Are you inside my head? Do you know what I think?

I don't know him personally, but here is what he said in his own words:

"The jail is full of blacks and they all act like thugs. This may sound a bit radical but if more people would arm themselves and kill these (expletive) idiots, when they're threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior."

"I'm really not prejudiced against race, but I have no use for certain cultures. This gangster-rap, ghetto talking thug 'culture' that certain segments of society flock to is intolerable. They espouse violence and disrespect towards women. The black community here in Jacksonville is in an uproar against me -- the three other thugs that were in the car are telling stories to cover up their true "colors."

"I'm not getting much in the way of sympathy from the press. They're a bunch of liberal bastards! ... They seem to have a lot of racial guilt, or at least the prosecutors [sic] office does. The jail here is almost all black prisoners. You'd think Jacksonville was 90-90% black judging by the makeup of the folks in jail here! ... My fear is that if I get 1 black on my jury it will be a mistrial as I am convinced they will be racially biased."

Sounds pretty racial tinged to me.

As for you, if you want to share your thoughts, by all means please do. You have the floor and my undivided attention.

Of course they didn't.

Self defense. laughing.gif

Scared for his life I tell you. So scared he fired 9 shots, 4 initially, and another 5 when the vehicle was trying to get away.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My thoughts are that if he is guilty he will be found do by a jury. I'm sure he will be popular in the pen if that's where he ends up.

My thoughts are that if he is guilty he will be found do by a jury. I'm sure he will be popular in the pen if that's where he ends up.

I'm going to wait until the trial to see what evidence he is claiming to say he was threatened.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's lucky that he was armed otherwise there might have been a dangerous verbal confrontation, maybe even a few punches thrown!

Looks like this guy is going to enjoy prison!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/