irfan ahmed

Got Interview Date Need Help For IRS

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Orginal IRS papers you should get it from local IRS office if I m wrong someone can correct me?

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

HELLO GUY I AM BACK FOR HELP I GOT INTERVIEW LETTER FROM USCIS ON MARCH 4TH

THEY ASK ME BRING ORIGINAL IRS 1722 LETTER FOR PAST 5 YEAR I DONT KNOW HOW CAN GET IT SOMEONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET IT PLEASE HELP IF ANYBODY CAN DO

THANKS

Yes you can go to your local IRS and ask for transcripts of the past 5 years. Our you can go online or IRS..gov and print then out

Read this and you'll be fine:

http://www.usimmigrationtest.org/irs-form-1722/

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

1040 forms are not tax transcripts, they're just forms and they're not proof that you filed, so they may give you trouble over that.

You can order tax transcripts straight off the IRS web site, in fact you can even download them instantly as PDFs since a couple of weeks ago... you really have no excuse not to have them smile.png

Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

1040 forms are not tax transcripts, they're just forms and they're not proof that you filed, so they may give you trouble over that.

You can order tax transcripts straight off the IRS web site, in fact you can even download them instantly as PDFs since a couple of weeks ago... you really have no excuse not to have them smile.png

thank you!

i have read the link that you have sent and i saw this:"The IRS operator told me that the 1722 was no longer used, and that a tax return transcript can be used instead"

which made me think that 1040 are ok to have.

but so if i order them online-does it cost anything?

and what you're sayin i can just print out the transcripts in PDF from the IRS site?

but what will be the best to do-PDF printout or received-by-mail-copies.i believe it's the same just paranoic,what will be the easiest to get?

The 1040 is not a tax transcript, I think that's where you're confused smile.png You can only obtain a transcript from the IRS after you have filed.

Anyway, yes, getting transcripts from the IRS is completely free.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

You can opt to have them mailed to you, which is free but takes a few days (<10 business days), or you can download them as PDF files, which is a new option that wasn't available until a few weeks ago, and I've never tested it.

Le formulaire 1040 n'est pas une preuve que vous avez bien rempli et envoyé votre déclaration d'impôts à l'État. Vous auriez très bien pu prendre un formulaire vierge, le remplir d'informations bidons et le montrer tel quel au service de l'immigration. Le "transcript", en revanche, est une preuve irréfutable car c'est un document produit par l'IRS qui, comme son nom l'indique, est un compte-rendu de ce que vous leur avez envoyé par le biais de votre formulaire 1040 (et les éventuels autres formulaires qui auraient pu l'accompagner). Le service de l'immigration souhaite de préférence que vous avez bien payé à l'État ses dîme et gabelle.

Comme dit plus haut, dans la mesure où les "transcripts" sont obtenables gratuitement, il n'y a aucune raison de ne pas en profiter !

Timeline:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

HELLO GUY I AM BACK FOR HELP I GOT INTERVIEW LETTER FROM USCIS ON MARCH 4TH

THEY ASK ME BRING ORIGINAL IRS 1722 LETTER FOR PAST 5 YEAR I DONT KNOW HOW CAN GET IT SOMEONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET IT PLEASE HELP IF ANYBODY CAN DO

THANKS

when you walked into the local IRS office

and

asked for this,

what did an IRS agent tell you?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The 1040 is not a tax transcript, I think that's where you're confused smile.png You can only obtain a transcript from the IRS after you have filed.

Anyway, yes, getting transcripts from the IRS is completely free.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

You can opt to have them mailed to you, which is free but takes a few days (<10 business days), or you can download them as PDF files, which is a new option that wasn't available until a few weeks ago, and I've never tested it.

ok,than i guess i will just try it tonight and see how it works out))thank you for your tips and ideas.i also think having as much papers as possible is way better than not have something that they potentially will ask

Timeline

Le formulaire 1040 n'est pas une preuve que vous avez bien rempli et envoyé votre déclaration d'impôts à l'État. Vous auriez très bien pu prendre un formulaire vierge, le remplir d'informations bidons et le montrer tel quel au service de l'immigration. Le "transcript", en revanche, est une preuve irréfutable car c'est un document produit par l'IRS qui, comme son nom l'indique, est un compte-rendu de ce que vous leur avez envoyé par le biais de votre formulaire 1040 (et les éventuels autres formulaires qui auraient pu l'accompagner). Le service de l'immigration souhaite de préférence que vous avez bien payé à l'État ses dîme et gabelle.

Comme dit plus haut, dans la mesure où les "transcripts" sont obtenables gratuitement, il n'y a aucune raison de ne pas en profiter !

merci pour votre explanationgood.gif ,c'est vrai que je suis tres confuserolleyes.gif

You have the right idea when you say it's better to have a document and not need it rather than vice versa. Don't panic, read the check lists, bring them the documents they want to see, and you'll be fine!

Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.