Together4ever

Tiz Friday

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: WE'RE GETTING MARRIED SUNDAY!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Uh...Noura? I think our invitations were lost inthe mail? At least save us a piece of cake? :whistle:

love047.gif Congratulations Noura and Said!

dang postal service!!! well, you *will* recieve the ones for the big kickin' :dance: :dance: party after the fact - maybe Feb?

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
You know, when it comes to a new car I swear that's the hardest thing for me... deciding on the color.

Geniuses choose green. :lol:

Is "Jesus" green? :P

:dance: :dance: :dance: WE'RE GETTING MARRIED SUNDAY!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm working 1/2 day today, then home for a tagine Said is cooking for me, then we're off to meet the minister who's performing our ceremony ........ tiz a good day - a little overcast, but a good day! :star:

Lady, you must be on CLOUD 9. I wish the both of you a beautiful wonder-filled day. I want to say more but I'm just sitting here smiling all stupid and just can't find more words that make much sense, so >>>>> :D

My coworkers are just so great. I've been "trying" to sit at my desk and concentrate and get all this mess done. My boss came by this morning and said I looked like I just needed to talk before I popped. We yacked about everything under the sun for AN HOUR. Then they decided we should order out Mexican food which should be here in about 30 minutes. They even relieved me of a very tedious task today. A fellow coworker said she would do it today because she knew my mind just wasn't focusing. I so appreciated it. So I sit at my desk gravitating between tears, stupid grins and shuffling papers. They are also endlessly joking about how much more laid back I will be on Tuesday. (gawd) I keep telling them not to go getting me all swishy today or I'll just have to go home.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Best wishes on marriage Sunday......

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ahhhh.... What a wonderful day! I am in such a great mood. I woke up at 8, the hubby to me to the bus stop a mile away from my house where I picked up a great cup of joe and a breakfast bagel. I then proceeded to my dad's house to borrow is extra car for the weekend so my friend and I didn't have to take SEPTA all weekend. So on my way to work this morning I found this awesome produce place and got some awesome strawberries and apples. Yummy! And now I am at work and it's just a wonderful morning so far. Tonight I am going to do a little more cleaning around the house and do all the laundry and get prepared for Megan to arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

Anyway, I heard that Eid starts tomorrow night at sundown. Is it true? If it is, I need to go order our lamb.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Anyway, I heard that Eid starts tomorrow night at sundown. Is it true? If it is, I need to go order our lamb.

I know that in Egypt they are celebrating it starting with sundown tonight (Friday night) and then the first full day will be tomorrow.

Hope you have a wonderful time with your friend this weekend.

:)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I heard the same as Melly...eid will be tomorrow inshallah.

that's the word around here, too - Eid will be tomorrow! Inch'allah....

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage Noura...I am so thrilled for you...Blessings

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Noura - Congrats on the upcoming wedding (L) You will make a beautiful couple with long lasting marriage inshallah. Please be sure to post pics of the wedding. I would love to see your dress and flowers. Try to relax and enjoy it ... I did relaz and enjoy my wedding and it was one of the best days of my life. The other best day was when Ali came :dance:

Jean - OH MY GOD ! Tommorow is the big day :dance: Do you have your outfit picked out ? I bought a special outfit when Ali came, got my hair done that morning (cut, layered and straightend), I picked up flowers and balloons. It was such a long busy day and the minutes went by so slow :angry: When we got to the airport though time flew by and he was out with the regular passengers ! His whole POE experience was like 20 min. Good luck tomorrow and make sure you look damn sexy :devil:

Fellow Muslims - An early Eid Mubarak to all of you. Eid will be tomorrow inshallah. Are you all fasting today ? We are. LOL guess what I had for suhoor ? LASANGA ! Have a wonderful day tomorrow :)

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Timeline

Well I'm soooo tired and I don't know what to do with myself. I went into work this morning very early but by 10am I was in so much pain and agony I had to leave. Arghhh this baby needs to exit!!! Youssef is fasting today but I am not because my dr. said no no no lol. I've lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks and they are starting to get concerned. LB - Make sure that you drink A LOT of water when you break fast and all night too. Dehydration can cause premature labor and you're getting close. I got the flu around week 31 and was dehydrated and I went into preterm labor. Just a little word of caution ;) Tomorrow we will go to Eid prayers at 9am inchallah and then they have a breakfast/reception afterwards so I have to go grocery shopping tonight for stuff to make the lamb, salads and something for tomorrow morning. Argh don't they know I'm like 9 3/4 months pregnant?!?!? haha Have a great day and good luck tomorrow Jean it is such a wonderful feeling isn't it??

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

Oops! I guess we are behind. I wonder what the heck we are going to do now?! I guess we will have to go to my hubby's co-workers house. I really don't want to because I want to do it ourselves this time. Plus, no one talks to me when I go over there because they all speak moroccan arabic or berber. I feel so lonely. Anyway, hopefully we will just pick up some lamb that I can cook myself.

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: WE'RE GETTING MARRIED SUNDAY!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm working 1/2 day today, then home for a tagine Said is cooking for me, then we're off to meet the minister who's performing our ceremony ........ tiz a good day - a little overcast, but a good day! :star:

Are we invited for dinner?? :devil:

Mabruk (for Sunday, lol)!

I am looking forward to the big party in February . . . come hell or high water, hehehehe!

Edited by cbd2cai

Well I'm soooo tired and I don't know what to do with myself. I went into work this morning very early but by 10am I was in so much pain and agony I had to leave. Arghhh this baby needs to exit!!! Youssef is fasting today but I am not because my dr. said no no no lol. I've lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks and they are starting to get concerned. LB - Make sure that you drink A LOT of water when you break fast and all night too. Dehydration can cause premature labor and you're getting close. I got the flu around week 31 and was dehydrated and I went into preterm labor. Just a little word of caution ;) Tomorrow we will go to Eid prayers at 9am inchallah and then they have a breakfast/reception afterwards so I have to go grocery shopping tonight for stuff to make the lamb, salads and something for tomorrow morning. Argh don't they know I'm like 9 3/4 months pregnant?!?!? haha Have a great day and good luck tomorrow Jean it is such a wonderful feeling isn't it??

You probably get sick of this, but just by your words here I would say you are very close to hugging that wee one in your arms. I remember getting the stomach flu 3 weeks before I delivered my youngest. Now THAT was fun. NOT. Ha ha. Don't over do it. Getting too tired right now is a bad idea. You'll need all your energy for delivery and new-momming. Ahhhh I remember those days...

My dorky Moh is on his way to the airport now... to sit for 12 hours. No, he's not in a hurry. Not at all. Bless him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.