peejay

Judge Orders Saudi Princess Deported

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Judge Orders Saudi Princess Deported

The Associated Press

Friday, December 22, 2006; 1:00 AM

BOSTON -- A Saudi Arabian princess accused of breaking U.S. immigration laws by locking up her domestics' passports and forcing them to work for low pay was ordered to be deported, prosecutors said Thursday.

Hana F. Al Jader of Winchester was sentenced to two years of probation, the first six months of which must be served in home confinement, after which she'll be deported to Saudi Arabia, prosecutors said.

An after hours call to Samantha Martin, a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office, was not returned. It was unclear if the six months' home confinement Al Jader received included time she has already served while on bail in home confinement.

U.S. District Judge Reginald J. Lindsay also sentenced Al Jader, 40, to pay $206,000 in restitution to three of her former domestic servants, pay a $40,000 fine, and perform 100 hours of community service.

In September, Al Jader pleaded guilty to two counts of visa fraud for lying on immigration forms, and two counts of harboring an alien for keeping the two women at her house though she knew their visas had expired.

In a deal with prosecutors, six counts of forced labor were dropped in exchange for guilty pleas on the other charges.

Prosecutors alleged that Al Jader forced two domestic servants from Indonesia to work long hours, while holding their passports in a safe.

Al Jader submitted fraudulent forms to the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia guaranteeing the women would work eight hours daily for $1,500 a month, they charged.

The women were actually paid just $300 per month after arriving in February 2003 to cook, clean and care for Al Jader's disabled husband and their children.

A phone message left after hours Thursday to Al Jader's attorney, Joseph Balliro Sr., was not returned.

Al Jader and her husband, Prince Mohamed Bin Turki Al Saud, have lived in Winchester and Arlington since the mid-1990s, when the couple came to the United States to obtain medical and rehabilitation treatment for injuries the prince suffered in an auto accident.

Lindsay also sentenced Al Jader to forfeit a second residence in Arlington.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6122200018.html

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Badly applied; she should not have been given the two years home confinement but only the 10 days allotted to expired temp-workers--in other words, an IMMEDIATE deportation!

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline

Actually she was convicted of visa violations rather than visa fraud. (My typo error.) However, the fraud she commited was more toward the deceptions and abuse she commited against the Indonesian domestics. Cheating them out of their wages cost the princess $206,000. She deserved much harsher punishment.

Fortunately for the Indonesians...the Saudi princess abused them in the USA rather than in Saudi Arabia. Abusing foreign servants is well documented there (and in the region in other Arab countries) with little recourse for the victims.

I had an American co-worker that met and eventually married a Filipino woman while working in Kuwait. The stories she told me of the abuse she (and her friends) had to endure working as a hotel maid were shocking. Same story...passport confiscated and abuse without recourse in Kuwait. Sad, but true.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

what? no lashes for her.

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Actually she was convicted of visa violations rather than visa fraud. (My typo error.) However, the fraud she commited was more toward the deceptions and abuse she commited against the Indonesian domestics. Cheating them out of their wages cost the princess $206,000. She deserved much harsher punishment.

I agree; the only options the US gov should have considered:

• IMMEDIATE deportation (and lifetime ban) with (non-compensaed) confiscation of all her properties in US
  • hard time for both al-Jader and bin-Turki, with (non compensated) confiscation of all their US properties, followed by deportation and lifetime ban

Fortunately for the Indonesians...the Saudi princess abused them in the USA rather than in Saudi Arabia. Abusing foreign servants is well documented there (and in the region in other Arab countries) with little recourse for the victims.

I had an American co-worker that met and eventually married a Filipino woman while working in Kuwait. The stories she told me of the abuse she (and her friends) had to endure working as a hotel maid were shocking. Same story...passport confiscated and abuse without recourse in Kuwait. Sad, but true.

Even for other tempworkers, the passport is confiscated and the tempworker (who CANNOT immigrate there to settle) has to get an exit permit to leave--an absolutely crazy system that made working in these countries anathema for me.

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

Filed: Other Timeline

I haven't gone through the visa process at all, so this might be a dumb question, and I'm sure you'll tell me if it is, but why is she being deported if none of her immigration documents are fraudulent? I think she certainly should pay these home workers and do a ####### load of community service, preferably in the home of someone with a lot of money, but why is she being deported? And why does she forfeit the Arlington property (unless this is to be sold to pay the fines)?

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

I haven't gone through the visa process at all, so this might be a dumb question, and I'm sure you'll tell me if it is, but why is she being deported if none of her immigration documents are fraudulent? I think she certainly should pay these home workers and do a ####### load of community service, preferably in the home of someone with a lot of money, but why is she being deported? And why does she forfeit the Arlington property (unless this is to be sold to pay the fines)?

There are certain criminal acts for which immigrants CAN be deported--and USCIS deemed these as such.

Timeline

As I stated above...it was a typo error. I meant to type "violations" instead of "fraud".

But the truth is that she took advantage of these Indonesians in violation of US law. And she is a deportable alien.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Ah.... visa fraud, not VISA fraud. Thought it was about credit cards - LOL

:lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

And why does she forfeit the Arlington property (unless this is to be sold to pay the fines)?

Probably it's been determined that the property was either used to commit the crimes (I once heard of a counterfeiter who had to forefeit a pair of pink-handled scissors and a yellow plastic ruler, along with other office supplies) or was bought with the proceeds of them.

Crimes for which non-citizens *must* be deported include all violent felonies, all drug crimes except simple possession for personal use, all immigration-related crimes, and crimes of "moral turpitude." A non-citizen *can* be deported for any crime at all.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
And why does she forfeit the Arlington property (unless this is to be sold to pay the fines)?

Probably it's been determined that the property was either used to commit the crimes (I once heard of a counterfeiter who had to forefeit a pair of pink-handled scissors and a yellow plastic ruler, along with other office supplies) or was bought with the proceeds of them.

Crimes for which non-citizens *must* be deported include all violent felonies, all drug crimes except simple possession for personal use, all immigration-related crimes, and crimes of "moral turpitude." A non-citizen *can* be deported for any crime at all.

A non-citizen can be deported when no crime has been committed, according to what they are doing to my son!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree; the only options the US gov should have considered:

• IMMEDIATE deportation (and lifetime ban) with (non-compensaed) confiscation of all her properties in US
  • hard time for both al-Jader and bin-Turki, with (non compensated) confiscation of all their US properties, followed by deportation and lifetime ban

Even for other tempworkers, the passport is confiscated and the tempworker (who CANNOT immigrate there to settle) has to get an exit permit to leave--an absolutely crazy system that made working in these countries anathema for me.

Yeah.. our firm sent a guy out to Saudi Arabia to take a look at a pipeline that ehy were having problems with. What was supposed to be a 1 week job, became a 8 week job because they started sending him around the country to look at other problems. When our company complained they stated that they would not give him an exit visa until they felt he was finished. We lost business because we couldn't get the guy out of there... It took a lot of complaining to the our Sentaors and the State Dept to get some sort of resolution...

Suffice it to say, our company will never work with the Saudis again.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**