2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I filed my I485jJune24th. After my Vawa was aapproved done my biometrics July 15th.

today June 23rd my I485 was transferred to local office here in New York City.doesn anyone know how long it's usually takes for them to schedule my interview?

thanks

mariia

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

TSahilkundra to get a domestic flight you need to have some identification with your picture, such as your passport, driver license, ID .Vawa receipt is a not a document to show to the airline company, but you should always have with you proof of your status,in case you are in somewhere and immigration officers show up there(it's unusual).

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Hi Sandra.

My case was transferred to the local office in 28 days. is not it very strange coz I read people are waiting for more then half a year.

is that something wrong with my case?

thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Very Sorry to hear that, if I read well what you just said, you applied for I-765 EAD before filing I-485?? if so, that is why your I-765 has been denied, USCIS will only grant you EAD if you apply for it and file I-485 at the same time or if you already have a pending I-485 application with them.

I think that all you can do now is re-file or appeal. Due to the fact that you recently filed an I-485, that is now pending, and that you have a denied I-360, you could be removed. Do you have a lawyer? I suggest that you get a good one asap to help you with you case, you do not have have a lot of time to re-file or appeal.I suggest that you get on it fast.

The first time I filed i765 without I485 and was denied but when I replied to last RFE I applied for both. I was scheduled this Thursday for biometrics for the i485 but got denied for the I 360 on Monday. I spoke to a lawyer on phone I am going to try finding one tomm before and after going for fingerprinting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The first time I filed i765 without I485 and was denied but when I replied to last RFE I applied for both. I was scheduled this Thursday for biometrics for the i485 but got denied for the I 360 on Monday. I spoke to a lawyer on phone I am going to try finding one tomm before and after going for fingerprinting.

I am not too sure if it's a good idea to go for your fingerprints. Your I-360 is denied, which will trigger your I-485 to be denied, which means that your I-765 EAD will be denied. Perhaps Sandranj can tell you what's the best thing to do, she is an expert at Vawa cases and immigration. I suggest you seek info from her but also get your own personal counsel to help you re-file your Vawa case AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. By the way are you in removal proceedings? Did you receive any letter from USCIS other than your I-360 denial?

Edited by blest.but.strest

Timeline

What evidence did you submit?

in the first affidavit I testified about gross infidelity and an assault on me she provoked by one of the two boys she had an affair with, And the controlling behavior. I accompanied it by receipts that show I had spent nights at the homeless shelter. I provided the different times she used my credit without my approval,A 2013 joint tax return, Our IDs from different addresses. Numerous mail I received at the addresses I lived with her, Her job invoice. A receipt that I had applied for biometrics fingerprinting. Medical reports to show I had been assaulted by the second guy she was seeing who was shocked I was actually her husband.

I received a request for initial evidence and in that I sent back a county background check, Police report of the assault by the first guy she was seeing who actually was the ex.I provide a letter showing I had lived at a shelter when I was thrown out of the house.

In the next RFE.I provided another affidavit explaining how my emotions had been abusedm2 state based background checks,bank statements to show we had lived together.Not forgetting the leaseREDIT CARD STATEMENTS.a LAND title which was for our vacation home in Africa.It had both our names on it.

then got denied

Timeline

Do not appeal, 99 % of the appeals are denied .First of all you filed l 765 without l485 of course it would be denied

It seems you proved bona fide but not abuse. Refill again.

I am yet to receive the denial notice. Though was asking for your help Sandra to go through my affidavit when I re-apply.I wanna go for a psychological evaluation.I have a counselor,Then can get upt 5 affidavits from both sides of our families

Do not appeal, 99 % of the appeals are denied .First of all you filed l 765 without l485 of course it would be denied

It seems you proved bona fide but not abuse. Refill again.

Can I still go for my AOS biometrics,Thanks again Sandra

Timeline

LUOBOY refile again. Did you submit a psychological evaluation or just a counselor letter? Are you in removal proceedings?

I am not yet in removal proceedings and don't know how fast I will be placed after July 21ST WHEN THE denial notice was sent.I don't know when I will be able to apply.

Timeline

Are you sure the got your RFE on June 13th?

I mailed it on June 13TH with i485 and i765 and was signed a one A.SHELBY.The status read RFE sent until it said denied on July 21ST.i received notifications of the i485 and i765 on June 26th saying they were received on June 16th.The RFE WAS REPLIED in the same package.

Timeline

So I am still waiting a decision on my case on 360.I live in San Jose , California but i want to fly to Virgina , Washington can I do it with my vawa receipt or not

Avoid airports near the border cities

Timeline

I am not too sure if it's a good idea to go for your fingerprints. Your I-360 is denied, which will trigger your I-485 to be denied, which means that your I-765 EAD will be denied. Perhaps Sandranj can tell you what's the best thing to do, she is an expert at Vawa cases and immigration. I suggest you seek info from her but also get your own personal counsel to help you re-file your Vawa case AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. By the way are you in removal proceedings? Did you receive any letter from USCIS other than your I-360 denial?

No all I know is that my VAWA denial was mailed and not received it yet. I called the justice department with my alien number but there is no removal proceedings yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

in the first affidavit I testified about gross infidelity and an assault on me she provoked by one of the two boys she had an affair with, And the controlling behavior. I accompanied it by receipts that show I had spent nights at the homeless shelter. I provided the different times she used my credit without my approval,A 2013 joint tax return, Our IDs from different addresses. Numerous mail I received at the addresses I lived with her, Her job invoice. A receipt that I had applied for biometrics fingerprinting. Medical reports to show I had been assaulted by the second guy she was seeing who was shocked I was actually her husband.

I received a request for initial evidence and in that I sent back a county background check, Police report of the assault by the first guy she was seeing who actually was the ex.I provide a letter showing I had lived at a shelter when I was thrown out of the house.

In the next RFE.I provided another affidavit explaining how my emotions had been abusedm2 state based background checks,bank statements to show we had lived together.Not forgetting the leaseREDIT CARD STATEMENTS.a LAND title which was for our vacation home in Africa.It had both our names on it.

then got denied

Seems like you didn't have enough proof of abuse, infidelity does not mean abuse, you being assaulted by another person that is not your wife doesn't prove that you suffered extreme abuse at her hands. Did the police report mention that she instigated the fight?? Did she get arrested? If it doesn't then the police report simply states that you were assaulted by another person.

How did you prove that she used your credit without your approval?

The controlling behavior is most definitely abuse but it is hard to prove, you can most likely prove it with affidavit from witnesses along with a psychological report.

You definitely need a strong, coherent and detailed personal affidavit(how many pages was your personal affidavit), but you will need some concrete proof that she abused you, physically or/and mentally.

What was your first RFE for? abuse?

did you also get a "good moral character" RFE or/and a "Bona fide marriage" RFE?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

luoboy if you focuses your affidavit about her infidelity, USCIS does not consider infidelity abuse.Being assaulted by her lovers is not abuse for Vawa purposes.Considering what you are saying you were not abused.You probably experienced unpleasant situations when married,but not abuse.

You mentioned mental abuse , did you submit a psychological evaluation stating you suffered mental cruelty ?if not then your allegations were not taking in consideration either.It seems you or your lawyer did not handle well your case. Your case was denied then it does not make any difference if you go for fingerprints or not,since you will receive a notice for your removal after 30 days, it might take a few more months tho.If you can prove mental cruelty then get a psychological evaluation. Counselor cannot provide psychological evaluation.,just a counselor letter stating she believes you suffered mental cruelty is not enough.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

Yay!

we transferred your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Timeline

Yay!

we transferred your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

hi. When did u do your fingerprints?

What what city is ur local office?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.