binacachugger

Conviction in I-129F

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Go with your desire bro, but can U come back and let us know the true outcome,

iy may help someone else...this is just a forum of experiences , thoughts and ideas

no lawyers so do what U feel is best and good luck dude.....do remember at the

naturalization stage (if u intend to) Mantis, condors and far more vetting is doe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In this case I'd go back to your lawyer, ask to have a CORI (Criminal Offenders Report, or whatever it is in your state) done. Then have the lawyer write a letter and attach the CORI with the letter stating: No conviction.

No conviction is No conviction.

Still, as I'm a nurse and realizing that the Board of Nursing can get really antsy and uppity as might USCIS I do suggest to anyone who asks me in the case of a sealed record to admit it. I know of one person who did so, and they are licensed now. But this is not a pardoned or nulled or sealed--it is a no conviction.

At least if the brown stuff should hit the fan due to some mix-up where in some places your were "convictied" and other places where you have "no conviction" you will be armed with appropriate legal documentation that says: No conviction. This might not afford perfect protection but it at least shows that you believed and your attorney believed "no conviction."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Page 3, all questions are looking for violent offenders, read IT closely, and domestic abuse is one of the things listed. Also, 3 convictions of druken driving, and drug related charges, BUT no-where does it refer to a "white collar" crime even if a feloney, if you do not believe it, read it, closely, again, it is not there!

I had a friend that went through this, and was convicted over 20 years ago of a "white collar" feloney, and he did not mention it but seent two letters fromhis present attorney and the attorney of record 20 years ago, and both advised him to not answer anything concerning this, as "it is not listed" in the application, taking a bribe as a govt. employee, over 20 years ago, IT was not ever mentioned through the K-1 nor the AOS.

But a domestic charge, as it asks, about that in certain words, I would be very careful, IF all is exactly as he says, then I think I would avoid it, but back your void of the questions with documentations.

It is possible to be ordered by a court to do something without being convicted. For example a jiudge can order you to attend anger management class and once you finish it you come back to court and the case gets dismissed in consideration.

So don't assume that just because the judge made you do something there was a conviction.

Great advise/comment!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I called my attorney and they said I have NO CONVICTION , also I checked on the courthouse website and all show as dismissed.

H35-42-2-1.3(MA) Domestic Battery Conditional Discharge 2003-05-12 Class A Misdemeanor 030L04610

H35-42-2-1.3(MA) Domestic Battery Charge Dismissed State 2009-05-01 Class A Misdemeanor 030L04610

Jesse Villalpando HA-Crim.Misd/D Felony Init Hear Dismissed Room 4 - Hammond (219) 933-2850 2003-05-12 08:45 AM

Jesse Villalpando D12 Conditional Discharge Review Dismissed Room 4 - Hammond (219) 933-2850 2003-11-17 08:45 AM

Jesse Villalpando D12 Criminal Initial Hearing Dismissed Room 4 - Hammond (219) 933-2850 2003-12-22 08:45 AM

Jesse Villalpando D12 Omnibus Hearing Dismissed Room 4 - Hammond (219) 933-2850 2004-03-21 08:45 AM

and on 04-01-13 the case file was destroyed.

I answered no and sent it in... Hopefully I will not get an RFE for it

Edited by binacachugger

Anything that you have been convicted of whether charges was dropped or dismissed you still have to put it down with supporting paperwork

Let's clarify something here. You cannot be both "convicted" and have charges "dropped." If the charges are dropped or the DA decides not to prosecute (nolle pros) it is NOT a conviction and the petitioner should mark the checkbox "NO" on the I-129F.

Edited by CNTrav

• 3 months later...

Update....

I got an RFE, not for this but for documents pertaining to meeting in the last 2 years. I did NOT disclose this. I also checked with the attorney who represented me and there is NO conviction on my record for it, I also checked the county website and it said "File Destroyed". But none the less this had no effect.

He's checked his record to the best of his ability and it shows no convictions. Now, if for some reason there is a conviction then I agree that he not only should not be in possession of a firearm, but also be heavily scrutinized as to whether his K1 is approved. Again, the instructions for the I-129f refer to convictions only. He's done his work. He can submit the I-129f form and mark it as having "no convictions" for the requested crimes. If in the process of the government background check they find that there is a conviction, then they will submit to him an RFE for court and arrest records. For now, he doesn't need to do that.

Wowwww I hope the OP is paying you for your defense ! ??

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.