DavenRoxy

What do you think makes a woman want to have an abortion?

95 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Again you are trying to use semantics to get around your alleged pro-choice point of view while expressing your actual point of view. It is possible to take responsible precautions and still wind up with an unplanned pregnancy. Getting pregnant can be an issue of bad luck, not solely one of irresponsibility.

I am using simple English; it is you who is introducing "semantics" to justify your arguments, and apparent mind reading to decide what is my "actual" point of view.

Please give it a rest. One has every right to think almost all unplanned pregnancies are irresponsible while at the same time being pro-choice. Why is this so hard to grasp? Your use of "alleged" is offensive. If you cannot acknowledge that most unplanned pregnancies are due to irresponsibility -- contraceptives have over a 99% success rate -- there is no getting through to you on this matter.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You comment is essentially reasonable until your concluding sentence.

I realize it is your style to get the last word in on all these posts, but... I ain't waggin' any finger, so don't presume to know me or anyone else you interact with only on these forums.

I think your use of "responsible" is inappropriate and is a somewhat loaded word. I can make a simple true, unassailable statement that it is irresponsible to be having sex without precautions (yes, I know people do "it" all the time, but this doesn't change the facts that it is the height of irresponsibility), and yet you jump all over it. And the fact that you cannot accept this point makes me feel the rest of your viewpoints are irrelevant on this issue. You would rather engage/divert me with "semantics" rather than facts. What happens after this act of irresponsibility is a different story, and I think abortion may often be the only acceptable choice, however even you must admit it is only the best of several terrible choices.

You are making a hypothetical value judgement that women who require or who have abortions are irresponsible for having sex and getting pregnant.

I'm saying to you that your moral judgment is irrelevant. You do not set the standard that defines the choice for someone who opts for abortion.

I am not saying abortion is 'the' choice, only that it is 'a' valid choice. You can't go around generalising about people in a way that demonises women.

You sure you're pro choice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You are making a hypothetical value judgement that women who require or who have abortions are irresponsible for having sex and getting pregnant.

I'm saying to you that your moral judgment is irrelevant. You do not set the standard that defines the choice for someone who opts for abortion.

I am not saying abortion is 'the' choice, only that it is 'a' valid choice. You can't go around generalising about people in a way that demonises women.

Let's cut the B.S.

What percentage of abortions could have been prevented?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

The number 1 reason a woman wants to have an abortion is because she is pregnant.

Dam Private Gump You are a Genius. You may be officer material

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You love to dissect posts, looking for things that simply aren't there. I am NOT demonizing anyone. The man is just as irresponsible as the woman in an unplanned pregnancy. The fact is that it is an irresponsible act, and absolutely nothing you say changes that. Why not admit it? You are not doing anyone any favors by intentionally minimizing the (for lack of a better word) culprit's responsibility by calling this choice "valid" and "responsible."

Timeline

You love to dissect posts, looking for things that simply aren't there. I am NOT demonizing anyone. The man is just as irresponsible as the woman in an unplanned pregnancy. The fact is that it is an irresponsible act, and absolutely nothing you say changes that. Why not admit it? You are not doing anyone any favors by intentionally minimizing the (for lack of a better word) culprit's responsibility by calling this choice "valid" and "responsible."

No, no, no. It is not an irresponsible act. You can only characterise it that way if you are making a sweeping generalisation of anyone who finds themselves in a position of needing an abortion. Women have abortions for all kinds of reasons, everyone's circumstances are their own, its not for you or anyone to render judgement from afar.

Respect the choice, leave your personal biases at the door.

Let's cut the B.S.

What percentage of abortions could have been prevented?

Irrelevant. Prevented how, exactly?

Get used to it. It's just the way he is. Picking, choosing, and twisting words on a post are a particular skill set for some. Doesn't lend an ounce of credence to his wild musings, the best thing you can do is breeze over them and read the more meaningful posts. Just do not come to expect any consistency in his posts, except that he seems to hate the US of A.

Timeline

Get used to it. It's just the way he is. Picking, choosing, and twisting words on a post are a particular skill set for some. Doesn't lend an ounce of credence to his wild musings, the best thing you can do is breeze over them and read the more meaningful posts. Just do not come to expect any consistency in his posts, except that he seems to hate the US of A.

Oh do grow up. Stop acting like a baby.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Irrelevant. Prevented how, exactly?

It's laughable... even when I ask for you to take a guess, you dodge.

Ok, so you fail to bring facts but can you not at least (once in a while) clarify your thoughts.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Shocked this hasn't been locked yet.

The bomb thrower will be along shortly to rectify that.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is such a sh*tty, staged question too. The OP should be ashamed.

Good point. I doubt anyone "wants" to go through that. I suspect it's not a fun procedure.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.