one...two...tree

Filipinos and Photos

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing, but I haven't met a filipino who is camera shy. They love taking pictures and love being in the picture. Americans aren't as photogenic unless we're celebrities or like to pretend we're famous. Granted, this is the digital age and you longer need to purchase film and then pay to have it developed, but good golly, can we put the camera down for a moment, forget about posing and just enjoy the moments for what they are instead of it turning into an audition?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing, but I haven't met a filipino who is camera shy. They love taking pictures and love being in the picture. Americans aren't as photogenic unless we're celebrities or like to pretend we're famous. Granted, this is the digital age and you longer need to purchase film and then pay to have it developed, but good golly, can we put the camera down for a moment, forget about posing and just enjoy the moments for what they are instead of it turning into an audition?

Ummm... what?

Timeline

Ummm... what?

If you've ever been to a Filipino party, or are connected to Filipinos on a social network, you'll know what I'm talking about. They're very photogenic, but a bit overboard, IMO.

Timeline

If you've ever been to a Filipino party, or are connected to Filipinos on a social network, you'll know what I'm talking about. They're very photogenic, but a bit overboard, IMO.

Ok, but what prompted you to report this random observation? lol

Timeline

Ok, but what prompted you to report this random observation? lol

This is the Philippines forum, bro. We talk about Filipino culture all the time. If you want to hang out here, that's cool, but don't expect us to be talking about chinese food.

Timeline

This is the Philippines forum, bro. We talk about Filipino culture all the time. If you want to hang out here, that's cool, but don't expect us to be talking about chinese food.

My bad, I didnt notice the regional discussion area. oops8rh.gif

um, what here too LOL

I am connected to Filipino culture and have never heard anyone say Americans aren't as photogenic, but think I get what you mean about holding the camera and snapping all the time LOL

does seem like a random observation and opinion

know quite a few Americans that are very photogenic and are not celebs, my sibling used to model in NY city and she is not famous or a celeb

if you make a broad statement that generalizes you would expect a few replies regardless of the forum you post in, perhaps

cheers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok I got it!

SRC = Southern regional center so tsc

EAC = Eastern Adjudication Center so vermont....

Ohhhh this waiting is killing me... :'(

LoL sorry wrong topic *getting red*

K1

09 August 2013 - Mailed I-129F

12 August 2013 - TSC receipt Date NOA1

18 August 2013 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09 October 2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

23 January 2014 - Orderd Service Request

05 February 2014 - Answer from USCIS: Can't tell you any timeframe when we will approve this petition

14 February 2014 - VISA APPROVED NOA2 after 6 months and 2 days goofy.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

21 February 2014 - NOA2 hardcopy received in Mail // USCIS shipped petition to NVC

24 February 2014 - Medical Appointment - passed the medical :-)

03 March 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

06 March 2014 - We got our Case # & Case left the NVC... Online Status says "In TRANSIT" :-)

10 March 2014 - Case arrived at the Consulate...

15 March 2014 - Received Packet 3 // Sent Packet 3 off same day

22 March 2014 - Received Packet 4 - Interview on March 28, 2014

28 March 2014 - Interview appointment RESULT: Approved :-)))

02 April 2014 - Visa On Hand! :-)

06 April 2014 - Finally being with my Love <3 :)

20 June 2014 - Marriage <3, Key West, Florida

AOS

event.png

Lol, I hear you. I am a Filipino and I do love taking pictures and love being in the picture, but not to the extent of exaggeration. My husband (american) doesn't like taking pics or being in the picture. His not a camera shy, but he just doesn't care much about it.

You should know the new trend right now which they called "selfie", that every time they get the chance they would take pictures of themselves and post it on social media platform, sometimes it's annoying. Some would even post a picture of themselves with the caption " sleeping" duh,..

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What about Filipinos taking pictures of the food before they eat so they can post it on Facebook and Instagram? Does that annoy you too? hahaha!

What about Filipinos taking pictures of the food before they eat so they can post it on Facebook and Instagram? Does that annoy you too? hahaha!

It does, isn't? Sometimes its just too much and not appropriate anymore.

2_950692851l.jpg

K1 timeline:

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

AOS Timeline:

I've noticed many Filipinos seem to enjoy being in pictures a lot more than most Americans. They also seem to like singing a lot too.

But, I'm not going to criticize the way people are just because it's different than me. Who ever said my way, or the American way, is better? They all seem way happier in their pictures than I am sitting there looking at their pictures.

Timeline

Lol, I hear you. I am a Filipino and I do love taking pictures and love being in the picture, but not to the extent of exaggeration. My husband (american) doesn't like taking pics or being in the picture. His not a camera shy, but he just doesn't care much about it.

You should know the new trend right now which they called "selfie", that every time they get the chance they would take pictures of themselves and post it on social media platform, sometimes it's annoying. Some would even post a picture of themselves with the caption " sleeping" duh,..

Thanks. Yeah, maybe it's a growing global trend but I think most people are self conscious about having their photo taken, but Filipinos feel very comfortable and confident in front of camera...lol! That's great, but how many selfies do you upload to Facebook before you say enough is enough? Yikes.

Timeline

I like seeing pics of food! But there's a bit of narcissism when you constantly upload selfies on Facebook just so all your friends will validate your beauty.

I like seeing pics of food! But there's a bit of narcissism when you constantly upload selfies on Facebook just so all your friends will validate your beauty.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

2_950692851l.jpg

K1 timeline:

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

AOS Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.