micahmoos

AOS. What do i need to do when filing?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys, I get married on next friday and i was wondering what do i need to do. I read somewhere that i need a civil surgeon to sign off on the i693. He have his shot record from the medical exam in JA . Can you guys help me so i can start getting things together. Thanks :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WELL CONGRATS ON UR UP COMING WEDDING......I DONT THINK YOU NEED THE CIVIL SURGEON TO DO ANYTHING...YOU JUST NEED TO FILL OUT THE FIRST PAGE OF THE I-693 AND SEND THE MEDICAL REPORT HE BROUGHT UP UP WITH HIM FROM JAMAICA...ANYWAY THATS WHAT I DID...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No, you do not fill out part of the I-693 without seeing a civil surgeon. Every person that has ever done that has received an RFE and then had to see a civil surgeon to get a new medical and the I-693 filled out properly by the civil surgeon. The I-693 is not a do-it-yourself form.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

well according to the instructions........if your medical was done within a year of you filing the AOS you may just fill out part one of the I-693 and that is what I did so lets see if they send me a rfe...if that is not the case they should not put that in the instructions...

Timeline

Except that is not what the I-693 instructions say. They actually say this >

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

c. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

If you did not have all the required vaccinations at the time of your K-1 medical and/or your DS-3025 was not properly completed, then you need to see a civil surgeon to get the missing vaccinations and/or have the civil surgeon fill out the vaccinations page and page 1 of the I-693.

So yes, let us know if they simply ignore the incomplete I-693 you sent in and don't send you an RFE. I would find it interesting, since you would be the first one I have heard of that did not get an RFE for doing that.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Except that is not what the I-693 instructions say. They actually say this >

If you did not have all the required vaccinations at the time of your K-1 medical and/or your DS-3025 was not properly completed, then you need to see a civil surgeon to get the missing vaccinations and/or have the civil surgeon fill out the vaccinations page and page 1 of the I-693.

So yes, let us know if they simply ignore the incomplete I-693 you sent in and don't send you an RFE. I would find it interesting, since you would be the first one I have heard of that did not get an RFE for doing that.

Why would you say this.....do you believe everyone needs more vaccinations...how do you know my husband doesnt have all his required shots and wont need anything else...anyway will keep you guys posted...but if i dont get a rfe...you shouldnt assume they ignored my incomplete documents....it could very well mean my fiance shots are up to date...

Timeline

Why would you say this.....do you believe everyone needs more vaccinations...how do you know my husband doesnt have all his required shots and wont need anything else...anyway will keep you guys posted...but if i dont get a rfe...you shouldnt assume they ignored my incomplete documents....it could very well mean my fiance shots are up to date...

Why did I say what? What the instructions actually say? That you are not supposed to send in a partially filled out I-693 without ever seeing a civil surgeon? That people that have done that in the past have received an RFE to see a civil surgeon for a properly filled out I-693? Because those are the facts. Advising people to fill out part of an I-693 without seeing a civil surgeon is incorrect information that could lead them to an RFE.

If his shots were all up to date with a properly filled out DS-3025 from his K-1 medical, then all you needed to send was a copy of the DS-3025. You are not supposed to send a partially filled out I-693 form. The I-693 is for a civil surgeon to fill out. Had you needed a civil surgeon, you would have signed it in front of them and page 1 and the vaccinations page of the form would have been filled out by the civil surgeon, they would sign off on it and have placed it in a sealed envelope for you to send in with your AOS paperwork.

Again, if you do not get an RFE, then great. I would be interested to know if you do or not.

My fiance said they did not give him a medical report at the exam . they gave everything to the embassy.

So, they never gave him a copy of the DS-3025 vaccinations sheet at his medical?

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why did I say what? What the instructions actually say? That you are not supposed to send in a partially filled out I-693 without ever seeing a civil surgeon? That people that have done that in the past have received an RFE to see a civil surgeon for a properly filled out I-693? Because those are the facts. Advising people to fill out part of an I-693 without seeing a civil surgeon is incorrect information that could lead them to an RFE.

If his shots were all up to date with a properly filled out DS-3025 from his K-1 medical, then all you needed to send was a copy of the DS-3025. You are not supposed to send a partially filled out I-693 form. The I-693 is for a civil surgeon to fill out. Had you needed a civil surgeon, you would have signed it in front of them and page 1 and the vaccinations page of the form would have been filled out by the civil surgeon, they would sign off on it and have placed it in a sealed envelope for you to send in with your AOS paperwork.

Again, if you do not get an RFE, then great. I would be interested to know if you do or not.

So, they never gave him a copy of the DS-3025 vaccinations sheet at his medical?

No, but i called a civil surgeon in my area and said i just need the shot records thats all. I was thinking he needed something else. I got a appointment set. Thank you guys so much :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.