K1 visa wait time at NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

How long does a K1 application normally stay at the NVC for? Mines been there for a week now and nothing has happened. Was told on phone 2 days ago it was in transit but was told yesterday it was still at NVC :(

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

RFE REPLY - SEPTEMBER 11th

NOA2 - DECEMBER 20th 'approved'

NVC RECEIVED - JANUARY 9th

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

EMBASSY RECEIVED - FEBRUARY 7th

DS-160 and NOAR - FEBRUARY 7th

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

INTERVIEW - MARCH 10th 'approved'

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

VISA IN HAND - MARCH 17th

P.O.E (LAS VEGAS) - MARCH 18th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

How long does a K1 application normally stay at the NVC for? Mines been there for a week now and nothing has happened. Was told on phone 2 days ago it was in transit but was told yesterday it was still at NVC sad.png

Hopefully it should be in transit soon. Let's hope that they are trying to get as much work out before the holiday on Monday. My case was received by NVC on 01/06/14 and issued a number and on 01/08/14 it was in transit to the consulate. They usually don't stay long at the NVC at least that is what I was told by an NVC rep, who stated to me about a week after it is entered in the system (Case # issued) it is forwarded to the local consulate. But as with everything when it comes to this process there is no definite or set time frame or procedure as to how these cases are actually processed.

Our K-1 Visa Journey: I am the petitioner
10/27/12 - Reconnected in person (1st visit)
11/08/12 - First phone chat upon my return to the US (we have communicated via phone, text, facebook, viber, what's app, tango, skype, magic jack, instagram everyday since)
02/08/13 - Second visit - I flew to meet him
05/24/13 - Third visit ( both flew to Antigua to meet his mom)
05/28/13 - Got engaged
11/01/13 - Package mailed via USPS Priority mail
11/04/13 - Package confirmed received
11/07/13 - NOA1 via text & e-mail
11/08/13 - Alien Registration # changed
11/13/13 - I-797 received in the mail (NOA1 Hard copy)
12/11/13 - Status changed to approved text & e-mail (NOA2) dancin5hr.gifrofl.gifdancin5hr.gifgood.gifkicking.gif
Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 33 days from your NOA1 date.
12/18/13 - Status changed notification via text & e-mail shipped to NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif
12/20/13 - Hard copy NOA2 received in the mail
01/06/14 - NVC Received
01/06/14 - Case # Assigned to Wrong country (AM)
01/06/14 - Correct Case # Assigned (PM)
01/08/14 - In Transit to Consulate

01/14/14 - Consulate Received Package

01/25/14 - Interview Date 02/11/14

02/11/14 - Interview APPROVED

02/17/14 - Mailed Passport to Embassy for Visa Issuance

02/18/14 - Case Updated

02/20/14 - Case Creation Date & Status Date changed to 02/20/14 (AM)

02/20/14 - Status changed to AP (PM)

02/21/14 - Status changed to Issued

02/24/14 - Visa Received

04/25/14 - POE Miami

05/23/14 - Civil ceremony

Adjustment Of Status Journey

11/25/15 - Mailed AOS Package

11/28/15 - Package received

12/15/14 - NAO1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A week is very small. You can call them at any time to see what the deal is, but I would not worry until you get to 3 weeks and nothing happens. Mine was there for 2 weeks before it went to Manila.

Timeline

mine was only there about a week, what does your CEAC status say?

Just says 'at NVC'. This whole process is terrible. Not only was I made to wait 8 months for approval it now looks like whilst most people only wait a few days at NVC mine could be stuck there for a while. :(

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Just says 'at NVC'. This whole process is terrible. Not only was I made to wait 8 months for approval it now looks like whilst most people only wait a few days at NVC mine could be stuck there for a while. sad.png

Well today marks a week that it has been at the NVC. Keep checking the status online. Another thing you can do is send them an inquiry at NVCInquiry@state.gov. Hopefully you get word soon. Think of it this way yes you haven't gotten the news that you are looking for but you are a lot further along in the process than some other people are. Imagine if you were still waiting for the approval. Like you said you waited 8 months for approval so what is a week or 2 to have your approved petition sent to the consulate for interview scheduling. Good luck and hold strong it's a trying process but a worthwhile one.

Our K-1 Visa Journey: I am the petitioner
10/27/12 - Reconnected in person (1st visit)
11/08/12 - First phone chat upon my return to the US (we have communicated via phone, text, facebook, viber, what's app, tango, skype, magic jack, instagram everyday since)
02/08/13 - Second visit - I flew to meet him
05/24/13 - Third visit ( both flew to Antigua to meet his mom)
05/28/13 - Got engaged
11/01/13 - Package mailed via USPS Priority mail
11/04/13 - Package confirmed received
11/07/13 - NOA1 via text & e-mail
11/08/13 - Alien Registration # changed
11/13/13 - I-797 received in the mail (NOA1 Hard copy)
12/11/13 - Status changed to approved text & e-mail (NOA2) dancin5hr.gifrofl.gifdancin5hr.gifgood.gifkicking.gif
Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 33 days from your NOA1 date.
12/18/13 - Status changed notification via text & e-mail shipped to NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif
12/20/13 - Hard copy NOA2 received in the mail
01/06/14 - NVC Received
01/06/14 - Case # Assigned to Wrong country (AM)
01/06/14 - Correct Case # Assigned (PM)
01/08/14 - In Transit to Consulate

01/14/14 - Consulate Received Package

01/25/14 - Interview Date 02/11/14

02/11/14 - Interview APPROVED

02/17/14 - Mailed Passport to Embassy for Visa Issuance

02/18/14 - Case Updated

02/20/14 - Case Creation Date & Status Date changed to 02/20/14 (AM)

02/20/14 - Status changed to AP (PM)

02/21/14 - Status changed to Issued

02/24/14 - Visa Received

04/25/14 - POE Miami

05/23/14 - Civil ceremony

Adjustment Of Status Journey

11/25/15 - Mailed AOS Package

11/28/15 - Package received

12/15/14 - NAO1

Timeline

Well today marks a week that it has been at the NVC. Keep checking the status online. Another thing you can do is send them an inquiry at NVCInquiry@state.gov. Hopefully you get word soon. Think of it this way yes you haven't gotten the news that you are looking for but you are a lot further along in the process than some other people are. Imagine if you were still waiting for the approval. Like you said you waited 8 months for approval so what is a week or 2 to have your approved petition sent to the consulate for interview scheduling. Good luck and hold strong it's a trying process but a worthwhile one.

Have my medical tomorrow and case is still stuck at NVC. Getting very annoyed and worried now.

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.