PD: 03/20/2011

filled for us passport

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

hello everyone; i need a response for my kestion

can i filled for us passport for (me and my 2 son) just after my oath ceremony?or i need to filed mine first and when i received my passport i can filed for my children? or can i filed for the 3 passport the same day after my oath ceremony?

thanks for your reply

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe you need your's first

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can apply for all the passports at the same time. When I naturalized, I submitted the application for myself and my son at the same time with no problems.

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Timeline

You can apply for all the passports at the same time. When I naturalized, I submitted the application for myself and my son at the same time with no probem

how did you do with the CON?

what i read is that they need the original of all the application; but i will have one CON ant i want to submit the application for myself and my 2 children

or did they accepted photocopy of the CON on the children's application?

and where did you submitted your application?post office or courthouse? the 3 application will be separate?

Timeline

Submitted at the passport agency in Manhattan. I am guessing that they kept the applications together since there was only one CON.

In fact, when the passports cards ands passports were delivered, the numbers on them were sequential.

N-400

Timeline

Submitted at the passport agency in Manhattan. I am guessing that they kept the applications together since there was only one CON.

In fact, when the passports cards ands passports were delivered, the numbers on them were sequential.

ok thank you ; i will submit all the application at the courthouse near my home and if i have problem with the children's application i will go to manhattan

Timeline

When I went to the Passport Agency, it happened to be Passport Day, so I didn't need an appointment. Passport agencies usually operate by appointment only and if you have travel plans within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully you won't have any issues at the courthouse.

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

When I went to the Passport Agency, it happened to be Passport Day, so I didn't need an appointment. Passport agencies usually operate by appointment only and if you have travel plans within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully you won't have any issues at the courthouse.

There's a "Passport Day" now? When is it? Why don't we get off work for it? ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Over 9,000 DOS agents across the US, DOS site lists all of them, don't be afraid to call and ask for their experience, within a 30 mile radius of my home, have over a dozen of them. They make 25 bucks for reviewing your application, bring your kids with you with two passport photos and their applications filled out. Some will give you a hard time, others are very nice, what the heck, making 75 bucks for a few minutes of work in your case.

Find it ironic that the DOS trust their agents in every respect, it is you, it is your photograph, except for making a copy of your certificate, that they want to see for themselves. Surprised they don't want to see you and your kids.

The reason you are getting different answers on this same issue, based on the experience of one person dealing with one hard head. Your kids are US citizens just like you are. Crazy USCIS tells you this, but without any proof, that passport is proof. Can pay an extra 600 bucks per kid with that N-600, to me it was worth it just to completely close the books with the USCIS.

You can also run into this same problem with the SS, happened to me last time with some idiot at the desk, next office was 75 miles away, didn't want to drive that far, so just asked to speak to his supervisor, then everything was okay.

If your kids are going to spend the rest of their lives here, feel its worthwhile for them to have their own certificate. Unsure about that I-864, but know for sure its history after they get their certificate.

Timeline

Over 9,000 DOS agents across the US, DOS site lists all of them, don't be afraid to call and ask for their experience, within a 30 mile radius of my home, have over a dozen of them. They make 25 bucks for reviewing your application, bring your kids with you with two passport photos and their applications filled out. Some will give you a hard time, others are very nice, what the heck, making 75 bucks for a few minutes of work in your case.

Find it ironic that the DOS trust their agents in every respect, it is you, it is your photograph, except for making a copy of your certificate, that they want to see for themselves. Surprised they don't want to see you and your kids.

The reason you are getting different answers on this same issue, based on the experience of one person dealing with one hard head. Your kids are US citizens just like you are. Crazy USCIS tells you this, but without any proof, that passport is proof. Can pay an extra 600 bucks per kid with that N-600, to me it was worth it just to completely close the books with the USCIS.

You can also run into this same problem with the SS, happened to me last time with some idiot at the desk, next office was 75 miles away, didn't want to drive that far, so just asked to speak to his supervisor, then everything was okay.

If your kids are going to spend the rest of their lives here, feel its worthwhile for them to have their own certificate. Unsure about that I-864, but know for sure its history after they get their certificate.

thank you nicks i will submit the n600 for my children; but i want to do passport first and then submit the N600 application;thank you for your feedback

• 1 month later...
Timeline

UPDATE

finally i applied for all 3 us passport at the courthouse whith no problem (they took my original COC and the original green card of my children) on 02/07/2014

i just receive the 3 us passport book and the 3 us pasport card today;

i am waiting now for my coc and the children green card

and i send also the N600 for CON for my 2 children on 02/08/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.