Together4ever

POE/travel coaching

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I would appreciate any sage wisdom, information and advise anyone can share with us regarding Mohammed travelling and POE. He seriously wants to be on a Plane Thursday or Friday and I have just not thought any of this through as far as what to tell him. We hope to have him going through JFK. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I would appreciate any sage wisdom, information and advise anyone can share with us regarding Mohammed travelling and POE. He seriously wants to be on a Plane Thursday or Friday and I have just not thought any of this through as far as what to tell him. We hope to have him going through JFK. Thank you.

What do you want to know?

Are wondering about POE procedure? How to navigate JFK? Else?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Make sure he knows that he'll have to fill out the I-94 on the plane. Oh and I'm sure you know to tell him not to use the word "wife".

Wadi took about 3 hours to get through POE at JFK. They took biometrics and asked him a few simple questions, nothing to be alarmed about. But it's good if he knows in advance that he might go through some extra scrutiny.

Mohammed's POE was painless. They asked what address he was going to and that was about it. It took 3 hours because several international flights landed at that same time.

So far we have :

Be prepared to fill out I94 (and leave it stapled in the passport)

Don't use the word 'wife' when traveling on a K1

Know your final destination address

Don't open the brown envelope

Come on VJ'ers, share what ya learned!

Jackie (F)

If he's going through JFK but on to another flight, a connection, plan for PLENTY of time. A few guys behind Paul were going to miss their next flight and were acting agitated in line. Did it get them a trip to the front of the line so they could make their flight? Nope, just a trip to the BACK ROOM for more insightful processing. Good luck!

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Oh gawd... I remembered everything but making sure he know my address! I'll have to text it to him. He's sleeping now and no hope of calling him before he gets his ticket. He wants to leave 4 hours for customs so I think that's fairly safe. skdfj;asdkjfa;sdkjf I'm a mess.

How about calling from the airports here in the US without a mobile? Can he buy a calling card at the airport?

Oh gawd... I remembered everything but making sure he know my address! I'll have to text it to him. He's sleeping now and no hope of calling him before he gets his ticket. He wants to leave 4 hours for customs so I think that's fairly safe. skdfj;asdkjfa;sdkjf I'm a mess.

How about calling from the airports here in the US without a mobile? Can he buy a calling card at the airport?

He can always call collect on public payphones and I think he doesn;t even need a coin.

4 hours should be plenty even if he lands with a dozen other planes. Is he flying direct from Cairo to JFK? Since he has never flown before you might let him know how things work so he isn;t suprised by the proceedures in the airport. There will be plenty of good people on the ground who will help him, he will just need to ask.

WOW This is such good news! :dance:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I imagine they are available at the airport.... You can also get one online and just give him the access number and PIN.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Luck. Back in 6/05 my husband didn't have a problem with JFK. He said they were all very nice but it did take him just over 2 hours. I drove the 9 hours to pick him up because I couldn't find any flights with a longer connection time. Try to give him time between flights as my husband would have missed his connection. It all should go well and I bet he does just fine. Just be sure he isn't afraid to ask questions/directions. I found the people very friendly there and eager to help.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You two sound like us! Not wasting time getting him here! ;) How about calling from the airports here in the US without a mobile? Can he buy a calling card at the airport?

Khallid had bought a calling card so he could call me from each of the airports. We also made sure he had U.S $$$$ for food and whatnot at the airports. There was some money on his iKOBO card, but he had to ask someone to show him how to use it when he was in Chicago since the ATMS are a bit different here.

Also, if he has pics, maybe have him put them in his suitcase. The POE officers seemed to have fun asking Khallid if all the pics of his cousins and sisters were "his wives" and then gave him a very surprised look when they saw my pic. :huh:

Edited by Aymerlu

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i been on Egypt Air, from cairo to jfk direct, 14 hours flying, about 3 hours in cairo airport, and about 1 hour in new york, make sure, no cologne, no tooth paste, no any kind alchols, no any kind of lequad or medicne, they taken all my cologone, tooth paste, medicne, everything they taken from me, no even ciggrate lighter or matches

i was going to minnapolise after that, so i didnt take joint flight, i waited a day in new york and then next day i gone airport fresh after good time sleep, buy ur tickets from JFK to ur home town online, dont make him buy it from egypt, my flight 1 way from cairo to jfk costed 2800 LE, and if i would wanted from JFK to MSP, it would costed alone 6800 LE, more than the price from egypt to new york, while i buy it online costed only 100$, buy ur flight inside USA online or from local office

in new york, everything is easy, they just going to check his papers, be friendly, and helpfull, i try to help the officers to translate the other arab people who cant talk english, that made good expresion and they kept laughing with me and helped me too much, also i told them i came throught new york cuz i really neeed work permission, they took me and make me wait in homeland secuirty office inside the airport, which freaked me out, cuz most of people there was going there home back cuz there visa was fake or something,,,,,

i waited, the officer say my name, i jump to him, all he asked was, do u know her from where and when, and is she ur wife, and what is her address and phone number, thats it, soo easy and laughing togther, then he gave me my passport, with work permission in it, when u go out

make him take a look outside for a second, watch the yellow cabs :D which that was my dream, then in the main place that u go out from inside the airport, which means u r in USA free, he can find calling cards, which is 5$ to 25$, i buy one and i find a place i can call or stay online useing the phone card, i used it, called egypt and called my wife, then,,,,,, gone eat at mcdonalds :D,,,, then waited my buss shattle to take me to the hotel which i will stay for the night in it!

any more help u can msg me, i think i told u step by step what happen exactly

(20 July 2009) Filed I-751 with waiver for divorce

(25 July 2009) Check Cashed

(22 July 2009) Recived NOA1

(18 Aug 2009) Biomatrics

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
You KNOW I'm going to need tranquilizers for his travelling day. That will be the hardest by far...

you don't want tranquilizers Jean!! you want to expend all that nervous energy doing the cleaning you ignored last weekend.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.