Shamroz Kadiwal

Documents for joint sponsor

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Joint Sponsor Documents:
Immigration Proof (US citizen certificate/ greencard copy) -----> married + file jointly then both immigration documents.
Tax return - Last year
W2

Petitioner Documents:
Immigration Proof (US citizen certificate/ greencard copy) -----> married + file jointly then both immigration documents.

Tax return - Last year
W2
Job Letter

Anything else need ??????? do i need pay stub from joint sponsor side ?

Filed: Other Timeline

Joint Sponsor Documents:

Tax return - Last year

W2

I have a question about this actually. My mom will be the only co-sponsor for us since my dad is retired and makes 0 income. I already have my mom's passport copies, paystubs, and tax. However, on my mom's tax transcript, she filed as 'married filing jointly.'

In this case, do I still need to get the passport copies from my dad, as he is listed on the tax transcript also? I only had my mom sign the i-864a. Does my dad need to sign it also?

Timeline

I have a question about this actually. My mom will be the only co-sponsor for us since my dad is retired and makes 0 income. I already have my mom's passport copies, paystubs, and tax. However, on my mom's tax transcript, she filed as 'married filing jointly.'

In this case, do I still need to get the passport copies from my dad, as he is listed on the tax transcript also? I only had my mom sign the i-864a. Does my dad need to sign it also?

So far what I understand is that... First you have to send your I-864 (federal tax return, w2, job letter, pay stubs, immigration proof) - - - joint sponsor married file jointly will be needed (I-864, w2, sponsor letter that they are sponsoring the beneficiary, immigration proof and I-864a).....so in your scenario your mom will fill out I-864 and dad will fill out I-864a Edited by Shamroz Kadiwal

So far what I understand is that... First you have to send your I-864 (federal tax return, w2, job letter, pay stubs, immigration proof) - - - joint sponsor married file jointly will be needed (I-864, w2, sponsor letter that they are sponsoring the beneficiary, immigration proof and I-864a).....so in your scenario your mom will fill out I-864 and dad will fill out I-864a

thanks. from what I understand and if i"m reading correct, do you actually mean that my mom will fill the 864A, and my dad will fill a separate 864A? Even though I am abroad, I have U.S income from a rental home in the U.S; so I will fill the 864 as the primary sponsor. Mom and dad are just the co/joint-sponsor

So I will send 864, mom sign 864A, and dad signs a separate 864A?

Edited by semidevil

Timeline

thanks. from what I understand and if i"m reading correct, do you actually mean that my mom will fill the 864A, and my dad will fill a separate 864A? Even though I am abroad, I have U.S income from a rental home in the U.S; so I will fill the 864 as the primary sponsor. Mom and dad are just the co/joint-sponsor

So I will send 864, mom sign 864A, and dad signs a separate 864A?

No......Technically there will be two sponsor who is sponsoring the beneficiary.

First Sponsor will be you, so you will fill out I-864. your income is not sufficient that's why you need second sponsorship.

Second Sponsor would be your mom. who is also sponsoring the beneficiary. So she will also fill out I-864 like you.

NVC requires I-864A because your mom (head of the family) filled tax return (married + jointly) so NVC want it to know second person (your dad) that your mom is sponsoring the beneficiary.

I did the same thing and got approve :)

No......Technically there will be two sponsor who is sponsoring the beneficiary.

First Sponsor will be you, so you will fill out I-864. your income is not sufficient that's why you need second sponsorship.

Second Sponsor would be your mom. who is also sponsoring the beneficiary. So she will also fill out I-864 like you.

NVC requires I-864A because your mom (head of the family) filled tax return (married + jointly) so NVC want it to know second person (your dad) that your mom is sponsoring the beneficiary.

I did the same thing and got approve smile.png

Thanks Shamroz. So looks like I was thinking it the wrong way the entire time.

So now, my question is this:

On my parent's tax return, it lists My dad first and then my mom. i,e, it looks like they filed it in a way that my dad is the head of the household (it lists the 'spouse' as my mom). So does that mean that my mom is actually the co-sponsor?

If that is the case, does it mean my dad will fill the 864 and list 0 for income, but my mom will list 864A and list her income as needed?

Timeline

Thanks Shamroz. So looks like I was thinking it the wrong way the entire time.

So now, my question is this:

On my parent's tax return, it lists My dad first and then my mom. i,e, it looks like they filed it in a way that my dad is the head of the household (it lists the 'spouse' as my mom). So does that mean that my mom is actually the co-sponsor?

If that is the case, does it mean my dad will fill the 864 and list 0 for income, but my mom will list 864A and list her income as needed?

I would say to fill out 864 (your mom) and 864A (your dad) because Mom makes the more money than Dad.

Honestly NVC just wanna make sure that you guys can support the beneficiary in the USA and beneficiary wont ask for help from governments like (education, medicial, food benefits) fro 2 to 5 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Shamroz,

I want to use my mom as my joint sponsor because I can't find anyone else, however, she is retired. She was unemployed for about 3 years, then retired. However, we want to list her assets as support. She has about 80,000 in savings alone. Along with my dad, my parents have a house that's worth about 300,000 and a business that is worth about 250,000 so about 600,000 here in assets. Can I use her? If so, she would fill out i-864 just like me and my dad I-864A? My dad is self-employed so he has no paystubs. If not, he would do the AOS with me since he's still working.

Also, what do I do about my mom's tax returns? She files with my dad. Do I submit that?

Thank you!

Jackie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.