topoftherock2013

January 2014 AOS Filers

1,012 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Thanks MaleAlpha! I am hoping that it won't affect the timing also.

What was interesting was that the RFE was for the AOS but it made specific reference to the EAD and said once the information was received (and was in order) they would proceed with processing the EAD. That kind of surprised me, just as much as receiving texts in the middle of the night....lol

Great that you joined a gym, it is good to 'get amongst it' as we say in Australia.. :)

Thanks Nurseling! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you have no RFE either. Hopefully you will see changes on the USCIS website sooner than later :) I laugh at our comments about our next stages like stalking the mail man and selling organs...it is so funny. I have no doubt that our sense of humour is what will get us all through...

let me know if you need any baked goods sent your way....lol

Hi Royo1. Yes they only asked for the proof of citizenship, thank fully. Darn on you having to wait. It sounds like your sponsor is cagey with her information, I can understand that but it puts so much extra stress on you and I am sorry for that. Hugs.

Passports shouldn't take that long to renew, so hopefully the wait isn't too long for you. To be sure, once you have everything they need, everything will move more quickly for you. It helps to keep really busy, so I am learning :)

haha cagey is putting it nicely. But I am trying to remain positive. Question y are the folks over at uscis so useless!? Please don't call them because they will only read to you what you already read online. Lol. I am also thinking they may want her returns for 2013 since 2012 she made vey little. I am really learning to excerse patience. Because for one min I would go crazy if I had to dwell on the negative.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

I guess I am the only one that didn't get a biometric appointment. :( I filed on the 7th of jan. Rfe was sent out on the 23. Still no bio. I guess NYC is busy... Or just my luck. Arghhh

Hi Royo1. It is NOT illegal to photocopy the naturalization certificate regarding proof of US citizenship. In the form instructions, USCIS recommends either using that or a US passport if the citizenship was obtained using naturalization. I know there's a notation on the naturalization certificate against illegal reproduction but that's to safeguard it against fraud. It's perfectly legal to use it for official documents

that's exactly what I thought. I know it's always wise to copy all of your documents incase the original gets lost or damaged.

Glad to read about this thread and to see fellow January 2014 AOS filers.

I am on the same boat with the following info:

Jan 11 - sent out AOS package

Jan 17 - received by USCIS

Jan 24 - notice of biometrics appt received 2/3/14

Jan 31 - RFE per website was sent to me

Now, i havent received the RFE yet in the mail but i am glad to see some tips on here on how to overcome it if ever it is one of those stuff mentioned (i.e. tax, citizenship, etc.)

I hope we all get processed faster than we expect and good luck to everyone:)

Hi JBForever! Congratulations on filing in January :) Sorry to hear about your RFE but the way I saw it for me is that at least I know about it now, rather than in 3 months when I still haven't got the EAD. Only if you are comfortable, please feel free to share your RFE request, it might help others with what to expect also. Good luck on your journey and yes, I hope we all get processed faster than we expect. Some December filers are already getting interviews......yay :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi JBForever! Congratulations on filing in January smile.png Sorry to hear about your RFE but the way I saw it for me is that at least I know about it now, rather than in 3 months when I still haven't got the EAD. Only if you are comfortable, please feel free to share your RFE request, it might help others with what to expect also. Good luck on your journey and yes, I hope we all get processed faster than we expect. Some December filers are already getting interviews......yay smile.png

you are absolutely right CJC:) its better to find out now rather than much later.

You guys can expect me to update you every step of the way of where i am at at this AOS journey.

If it makes everyone feel better, i had to put up with this timeline for the K1 journey:

Apr 19 2012 - sent in K1 papers

July 26, 2012 - received at uscis NOA1

July 25, 2013 - YES! one year afterwards, received RFE for a doc we already sent out originally

Sept 17, 2013 - finally got the NOA2 approval notice

Nov 21, 2013 - embassy interview passed

Dec 20 - POE at LAX

Dec 21 - got married in Vegas:)

Yup, it was a rather long wait for an 8 year old long distance relationship (yes, we met online way back in 2006:) but now that i am here, it is all worth it:)

But there were times we wished the USCIS peeps could do some working LOL

So for all of those that are getting frustrated with the wait, just remember, it will come soon:)

haha cagey is putting it nicely. But I am trying to remain positive. Question y are the folks over at uscis so useless!? Please don't call them because they will only read to you what you already read online. Lol. I am also thinking they may want her returns for 2013 since 2012 she made vey little. I am really learning to excerse patience. Because for one min I would go crazy if I had to dwell on the negative.

It will all come together for good in the end but it certainly is extra challenging for you to say the least! I guess you will just have to wait and see regarding the things that they need after you have provided them with the initial requirements :( You have to really go through this to understand the emotional aspects of being on hold and relying on others don't you? The fact that you are focusing on the positive is wonderful Royo1. You are awesome and you are not alone :)....Oh yeah, you are also stuck with us....lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi jannapa :) Great that you got your documents in yesterday. Don't worry too much about where everyone is up to, just do things your way and in the time you have, there is no right or wrong.....besides we are all a bit nuts, if honest....lol lol

Hiya Nurseling....omgosh, when I read your post I laughed so hard...you say jam rolly polly, I say jell-o...lol. I got the Jillian Michaels DVD and did the same thing, heck I even tried Pilates! All is not lost though, DVD's make fantastic coasters and as it happens I have a nice new coffee table coming...ha ha Thank goodness for the gym, at least it gets me out of the house. I have said it once and I will say it again....roll on EAD...!!

Hi dudeinTriBeCa! Make sure you have snacks before you sit down....lol eb0dfafc.gif

Hi vbtwo...thanks so much for the information. Great to have it out of the way :)

Hi itkkam....Oh yes, this journey is all about technicality when sending in our paperwork isn't it.?!? For me, there a many good things that come from it also and I have learned a lot even when I have made mistakes. It must have always been complicated otherwise VJ wouldn't be here...lol Good luck with your AOS :)

High CJC

Jello is a good discretion for my waist fat lol. Started this green coffe tablets I got from walmart the other day. Haha if I was elderly I would be incontinent of urine with the way I have to dash to the toilet to pee pee lol. I guess it's giving my one remaining kidney a good clean out lol.

Yes been stalking the mail man today. Poor guy has probably gone into hiding when he saw me standing outside the door cos I have not seen him yet. I did get a package from FedEx the senna teas that I ordered from Vitamin world cos they were on sale came. I guess now with the senna tea also doing its job I better go purchase some incontinence pads. Then again since I don't have EAD yet I better save some money and use my sons pull ups for now. Looks like we both going to be potty training together lol.

EAD where are you!!!

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

you are absolutely right CJC:) its better to find out now rather than much later.

You guys can expect me to update you every step of the way of where i am at at this AOS journey.

If it makes everyone feel better, i had to put up with this timeline for the K1 journey:

Apr 19 2012 - sent in K1 papers

July 26, 2012 - received at uscis NOA1

July 25, 2013 - YES! one year afterwards, received RFE for a doc we already sent out originally

Sept 17, 2013 - finally got the NOA2 approval notice

Nov 21, 2013 - embassy interview passed

Dec 20 - POE at LAX

Dec 21 - got married in Vegas:)

Yup, it was a rather long wait for an 8 year old long distance relationship (yes, we met online way back in 2006:) but now that i am here, it is all worth it:)

But there were times we wished the USCIS peeps could do some working LOL

So for all of those that are getting frustrated with the wait, just remember, it will come soon:)

Heavens to Betsy! What a journey you have both been on!! EPIC. (quick, sell your rights to your story to Hallmark or something...lol) It reminds me of a saying I used to remind myself with often 'it always takes time for something good'.

It has to be said that love trumps everything doesn't it? I am so happy that you are both together now, as it should be :) Waiting for the AOS is much better than waiting for that K1 too, at least everyone is together on this next leg of the tour...

Timeline

Hey Royo1

I hear you with USCIS it takes a saint to deal with those people lol.

As for the tax stuff I hope it all falls in to place soon. Stay positive don't want to have to refer you to the wig store I almost had to go too the other day cos I was so sure I would be pulling out my hair.

:) :)

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

AOS

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Timeline

Heavens to Betsy! What a journey you have both been on!! EPIC. (quick, sell your rights to your story to Hallmark or something...lol) It reminds me of a saying I used to remind myself with often 'it always takes time for something good'.

It has to be said that love trumps everything doesn't it? I am so happy that you are both together now, as it should be :) Waiting for the AOS is much better than waiting for that K1 too, at least everyone is together on this next leg of the tour...

Amen to that. Better than the k1 journey. Som poor souls are still waiting on K1 so we really need to thank god we are soo done with that leg of the journey. Although mind you the amount of money we have all spent so far we can actually say uscis has taken a both our arms and legs. Heck, we are now tetrapalegic Aliens lol.

AOS

Timeline

right you are CJC...that is the big difference. at least you are already together in journey to the AOS. I like your idea to sell our story hahahah

I am sure we will have our most coveted EAD and greencards soon. In the meantime, i just busy myself updating resumes and upkeeping the house. And making warm home cooked meals for my hubby...he sure can use that after a long day at work. It's the most i can do to help out. He seems happy with the lemon souffle, fettucine marinara and lumpia last night so all is good:)

Let's just keep each other hopeful in this journey and get some laugh out of it whenever we can:)

Timeline

Amen to that. Better than the k1 journey. Som poor souls are still waiting on K1 so we really need to thank god we are soo done with that leg of the journey. Although mind you the amount of money we have all spent so far we can actually say uscis has taken a both our arms and legs. Heck, we are now tetrapalegic Aliens lol.

LOL tell me about it! We had to file AOS for me and my 2 kids!

Literally, it cost my hubby both arms and legs for this leg of the journey :(

But soon, i sure hope we can help him out financially...for now, we just keep the budget way down there and no eating outs in the meantime if we can help it.

Timeline

LOL tell me about it! We had to file AOS for me and my 2 kids!

Literally, it cost my hubby both arms and legs for this leg of the journey :(

But soon, i sure hope we can help him out financially...for now, we just keep the budget way down there and no eating outs in the meantime if we can help it.

Hey JBForever

I really don't know they are charging for kids. It's a money making business you know.

It's really has been expensive has it not.

Now we all got to eat bread and water till EAD turns up lol .

God I have missed my cold stone and creamery ice cream and cake and the regular Chinese take out. My local restaurant probably thinks I have passed away. I will be getting flowers delivered too the door soon with a condolence card for my husband saying sorry to hear about your wife lol. Bread and water is just not the same :( :(

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Lol Nurseling..that was a good one about your local restaurant. I wonder what my barber back home would be thinking too since I didn't inform him about my trip. Poor soul, he must probably be thinking something bad happened to me lol.

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just got back from my walk-in biometrics. That was awesome, great staff, great experience. smile.png 14 days after delivery to the Chicago location. Let's hope the EAD will make its way soon. smile.png

Oh btw. guys look on craigslist under jobs in the etc section for paid studies. That's a great way to keep oneself entertained in the meantime. ;)

Edited by Wurstbrot_Royal

[01/17/2014] I-130, I-485, I-765 sent off to Chicago

[01/21/2014] (Day 01) Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

[01/27/2014] (Day 06) NOA1 confirmation txts + emails - Case files transferred to USCIS National Benefits Center

[01/30/2014] (Day 09) NOA1 hard copies in the mail

[02/03/2014] (Day 13) Biometrics Appointment letter for 02/19/2014

[02/04/2014] (Day 14) Biometrics Walk-In successful in Oakland

[02/10/2014] (Day 20) I-485 Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

[02/15/2014] (Day 25) NOA: Interview Date: 03/18/2014

[03/18/2014] (Day 57) Interview in SF; Online Status "Card in Production"

[03/27/2014] (Day 66) Green Card in the mail

LOL to you Nurseling, you could have your own stand up comedy show.....lol.

Oh how I ache for Sushi Train and a coffee shop that makes a 'Long Black' (which is the very rich and expensive cousin of Americano coffee)...but it is a small thing compared to being here with my man now :).....While the food (that I am used to) is quite different to that of Oz, America has AWESOME food! Admittedly not so great for your diet food, but awesome nonetheless!!. I am also cooking new things that I previously wouldn't have had the time to prepare . Consequently, all of this = gym membership....lol

I am so looking forward to getting a job and meeting new people too. There is much to explore and learn about my new home, so many 'firsts' to experience. I just wish the snow would melt immediately as it is quite the inconvenience....he he

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.