MariaElizabeth92

Biometrics Apt - CAR BROKE DOWN!Om

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we are in Nebraska and it is effing COLD right now. 10 minutes into our almost 3 hour drive to Omaha, the car breaks down and we sit on the side of the road for more than an hour! We had set off really early to ensure we were there on time. Neither of us had a phone with us AND baby was in the backseat. Car began freezing over. Luckily got enough life in it to get us back home, but now we are too late to get to Omaha, and cannot risk it as we KNOW the car will do the same thing again, especially with a little baby in the back!

ANYWAY, we recently got home and have been endlessly trying to reach someone, ANYONE, to inform them I won't be there and I need to reschedule! NOBODY is picking up. Any immigration line is clogged to hell with a 30 minute plus wait time. The Omaha office keeps going to answer phone. Checked if it's open and it says it is.

What happens in this case? If I can't get through before my 3pm appointment, will my application be considered void as it says so on the letter? Or do they account for unfortunate events like this one?

SAD FACE.

Timeline

I was wondering if the office has closed within the past couple of hours as it keeps going to answer phone. Rang to check and says it's still open.

Considering leaving a message, best I can do!

Thanks!

Sorry that your car broke down.

If you can't get hold of USCIS rep today, try a walk in tomorrow for your Biometrics apt.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

This person was 1 day late for biometrics apt:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/401718-late-for-the-biometrics/

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest you go back when the car is fixed,

bring the appointment letter,

tell the security guard about the snow problems and the car breaking down, beg a bit,

and USUALLY the guard will let you in.

There is NO WAY to reach a human at the ASC office you were pegged for, via telephone, sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Okay great thanks! Will have to try that. Read a couple different stories, one of which had to begin the whole application again as their car broke down and they missed the appointment. I would not be held accountable for my actions in that scenario! Going to keep trying the line, but doesn't look good!

Timeline

Oh great! These people make it so bloody difficult. I'm sure they're testing how far you'll bend over backwards before they hand you a greencard! Thanks for all your advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas, from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.