acer925

Really need advice, filed wrong form?

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

For us slaves to the system having less than 40 hours a week is the norm. This allows for no overtime in case you stay a few minutes late on a shift. Benefits such as vacation, sick days, insurance, etc. are all at the discretion of the employer. Since the ACA passed some places have refused to schedule people more than 30 hours per week as 32 or more hours per week would make them full-time for ACA purposes and the employer would have to provide insurance (implementation delayed until 2015).

Makes me wonder why some people consider the US to be a wonderful place or why they want to come here to work. Many other countries have much better benefits for their workers.

Filed: Timeline

You do need to show proof of current income, either paystubs or a letter from your employer, especially if you have not had a steady job for years. If you are really paid hourly with no paid vacation, you'd have to deduct vacation from your calculation.

You don't get paid for 52 weeks of work a year? :)

I've worked with current company for a year and a half and I do get paid vacation and paid sick time also. On the I864 it just asks for a tax return I believe, so is the pay stubs and letter just as an added "safety net" opposed to a requirement? Thanks

Harpa, but that calculation is my gross income, I thought they go by your income after taxes are taken out. My bi weekly check is $520, I pay close to $200 month for health insurance through my employer which is taken out of my paycheck.

Gross income is what counts, as I have been saying.

Proof of current employment is most often required. Many people get RFEs for this.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Hi guys,

Last question before sending this thing out, for the I-131 app. For travel document, the first part asks type of application, would I check off that my wife is a conditional resident of the US and is applying for a re-entry permit? Or would it be "applying for advanced parole document to allow return to US after temporary foreign travel"? The other choices don't seem right, unless she is a US refugee or asylum. Just to be sure, should be filing the I-131 correct? Thanks all..

Advance parole, she is not yet a green card holder.

Last thing, it says

"on separate piece of paper explain how you qualify for advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advanced parole, include copies of documents you which considered."

Is this necessary in our situation? If so, what are they looking for here? Thanks again!

-Anthony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I really don't remember how we filed the form or how we answered everything. I know we just left the travel dates blank and stated he might wish to travel home to visit his family.

Be very careful. Although there have been rulings that a person with a pending AOS should be re-admitted to the US even with a ban for re-entry there is no guarantee the CBP agent she encounters will be aware of this. She has overstayed more than six months so she has a three year ban from re-entering the US if she leaves. Even with the AP document there may be difficulty in her returning. The best thing to do is have her sit tight until she gets her green card.

You don't need an explanation. It's in the instructions. Read carefully :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.