Danno

A&E Caves: Duck Dynasty's Phil and family reunited.

171 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

He's religious, likes guns, is against homosexuality and dresses like a militiaman. How is this not a stereotype?

-Vast majority of people are religious

-The vast majority of people in the world agree with his views on Homosexuality.

-He is wearing the garb of a hunter, not military camo.

The stereotype is in you mind.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This was never about freedom. It was about the choices of a private companies marketing strategy. The government was not involved with this at any point. They pulled him from the show because they thought his views would alienate audiences. They were wrong, people got mad, they put it back.

At what point, specifically, during this entire ordeal, were anyone's first amendment rights in question from the government? If I call my openly gay boss a godless sodomite and he fires me, was it a first amendment thing or a bad judgement thing?

Maybe neither. If being against Gays is worth the cost to you of losing your job...how is it bad judgement? If you are not as valuable to your boss as your opinion of his sexuality, then firing you is no loss.

What we have here is that Phil Robertson was willing to lose his job over his beliefs and A&E was not willing to lose their cash cow over Gay's feelings. Robertson did not offer to change his beliefs, A&E offered to change their position. Gay/lesbian feelings do not weigh as much to them as the CASH Robertson delivers to the network.

I am not sure who ever said it was about "rights". It wasn't. Robertson has a right to free speech and he used it...can't change that. A&E has a right to fire him, suspend him, whatever you want to call it, they did.

Gays have a right to whine. They did. People supporting Robertson have a right to whine. They did. There are more whiners iwith more money in favor of Robertson than against him. He wins. Free market at work. Seems like everyone's rights are intact and Robertson keeps his job.

WE win.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

-Vast majority of people are religious

-The vast majority of people in the world agree with his views on Homosexuality.

-He is wearing the garb of a hunter, not military camo.

The stereotype is in you mind.

1. Not true. Barely over 50% if that much. 28% in Vermont. Maybe that's why we have low crime?

2. I doubt the vast majority give a rat's popah about other people's sexuality. I don't. You know what a "popah" is, right?

3. So what?

I don't see this as a religious issue. He has an opinion, he bases it in religion. Kip would agree with him and I doubt it is for religious reasons. Heck, I even agree with him that a woman's ####### is far more attractive than a man's #######. So what?

The good news here is that our programming choices (my programming choices are "none of the above") are not being determined by a small minority of people who have RIGHTS to live their lives in peace and prosperity like the rest of us, but should not be influencing what the rest of us can watch on TV because of the opinion of one of the cast members.

That has been re-established.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

1. Not true. Barely over 50% if that much. 28% in Vermont. Maybe that's why we have low crime?

2. I doubt the vast majority give a rat's popah about other people's sexuality. I don't. You know what a "popah" is, right?

3. So what?

I don't see this as a religious issue. He has an opinion, he bases it in religion. Kip would agree with him and I doubt it is for religious reasons. Heck, I even agree with him that a woman's ####### is far more attractive than a man's #######. So what?

The good news here is that our programming choices (my programming choices are "none of the above") are not being determined by a small minority of people who have RIGHTS to live their lives in peace and prosperity like the rest of us, but should not be influencing what the rest of us can watch on TV because of the opinion of one of the cast members.

That has been re-established.

What a network chooses to broadcast and what it does not have nothing to do with rights. This story was never about rights and it continues not to be about rights. As you have no morals it baffles me what your interest in rights is anyway. Rights are rooted in morality. If you have no morals rights are meaningless.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

3. So what?

Sorry bro, you are just wrong... even in the least religious state you are wrong.

As of 2012, Vermont is considered the least religious state in the U.S., with 23% of the residents considering themselves "very religious".[76]In 2008, over half of Vermont residents identified themselves as Christians. The largest single religious body in the state is the Roman Catholic Church. According to the ARDA in 2010, the Catholic Church had 128,293 members.[77]

VERMONT.

Religion 1990[74] 2001[75] 2008[74] Christian 84% 67% 55% Roman Catholic 37% 38% 26% Protestant 47% 29% 29% Congregational/United

Church of Christ 6% Methodist 6% Episcopal 4% Other Christian 4% Baptist 3% Other Protestant 2% Assemblies of God 1% Evangelical 1% Seventh-day Adventist 1% Non-Denominational 1% Other religions 3% 2% 4% No religion 13% 22% 34% Declined to answer 1% 8% 6%

William Penn

It's not a good comparison. Whatever the guys faults, he's not a terrorist and to even put that out there is pretty stupid.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

It's not a good comparison. Whatever the guys faults, he's not a terrorist and to even put that out there is pretty stupid.

This is all a part of rehabilitating Bin ladin.

The Left has a fixation with such types, we see it in the Che, shirts they wear, the Bill ayers who wind up as professors and even the excusing of Mandela's terrorist acts.

Sooner or later you know the Left would "understand" the plight of Osama.

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

There's nothing to be analyzed here - not that your analytical skills are all that sharp to begin with, Danno.

It's merely a clearly OTT picture that was posted just for the fun of it. That's all.

The picture s no more stupid than the entire debate about the Duck Dynasty or the dozen or so threads started here because of it.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

This is all a part of rehabilitating Bin ladin.

The Left has a fixation with such types, we see it in the Che, shirts they wear, the Bill ayers who wind up as professors and even the excusing of Mandela's terrorist acts.

Sooner or later you know the Left would "understand" the plight of Osama.

No Danno, it's not. It was s stupid picture. I didn't think it was funny, but it doesn't represent anything of the sort. What hogwash.

He's religious, likes guns, is against homosexuality and dresses like a militiaman. How is this not a stereotype?

But oddly enough if I lock my door when a bunch of urban sewer rats with pants hanging off their ####### and saying MF every other breath are at a gas station, it

is racist and stereotyping.

Liberals and selective outrage ..Amusing

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

But oddly enough if I lock my door when a bunch of urban sewer rats with pants hanging off their ####### and saying MF every other breath are at a gas station, it

is racist and stereotyping.

Liberals and selective outrage ..Amusing

Self described conservatives and their false analogies. Always trying to ram square pegs in round holes.

No one knows why you lock your door, unless you publicly announce why you do it. And who does that!? Bizarre.

Here's a hint for you - not everything is about politics.