KmOm0629

Read Sponsorhip Information

12 posts in this topic

FYI for everyone, make sure your Sponsorship forms show as much money as possible as you can. Guatemala Embassy turned my down, and I make 25,600 a year, for a 3 person house hold, which is over the poverty guidlines. Well,, They turned me down, my lawyers did not add my assets, and so they are redoing this form with the assets added, All they can figure is that it was borderline and that is why she turned me down...This is sooo sad and depressing, especially when I am over the guidelines. There should be some way to contact and report this or complain, becuase I am well passed the guidelines... I am curious to see if this has happened to anyone else???? cray5ol.gif

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

FYI for everyone, make sure your Sponsorship forms show as much money as possible as you can. Guatemala Embassy turned my down, and I make 25,600 a year, for a 3 person house hold, which is over the poverty guidlines. Well,, They turned me down, my lawyers did not add my assets, and so they are redoing this form with the assets added, All they can figure is that it was borderline and that is why she turned me down...This is sooo sad and depressing, especially when I am over the guidelines. There should be some way to contact and report this or complain, becuase I am well passed the guidelines... I am curious to see if this has happened to anyone else???? cray5ol.gif

Let me ask what about last year were you above the guidelines? I know many embassies look at last year and current. Because they are loking at a steady job history (unless you are student usually).

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I have been employed at the community college for the past 4 years, I was over the guidelines every year, 2 years ago i was a little bit under the CURRANT guideline, But, If you look back the guidelines in that year, I was still over them...So, I feel that I have been mistreated im tryihng to figure out how to contact the chief of the mission...Because, I do not understand this. Or, how it is even possible.

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been employed at the community college for the past 4 years, I was over the guidelines every year, 2 years ago i was a little bit under the CURRANT guideline, But, If you look back the guidelines in that year, I was still over them...So, I feel that I have been mistreated im tryihng to figure out how to contact the chief of the mission...Because, I do not understand this. Or, how it is even possible.

Someone in Jamaca had same issue last week and what they did was fax the AOS package again to the embassy and demanded they relook because she was well over the guideline and they did and husband got Visa monday.

I would be emailing your embassy or if you are tere gong their in person with infornation in hand. You have lawyer make him do it.

CO might have just had a bad math day.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

see that makes more sense, I know im well over the guidelines, and my husband is in Guatemala, Im in the united states, My lawyer is adding my assets to be safe and then My husband will take it in hand... Thank you for your input, I appreciate it :)

Kassandra M. Martinez

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have you had any updates on your husband's case? I am curious because I am going the the same with my husband, waiver and all!! We just sent in another sponsor to make sure that aspect is well covered even tho I have a steady job now, but I didn't have a steady job for the last few years since my husband is the main bread winner. Hope everything has turned out well!!

see that makes more sense, I know im well over the guidelines, and my husband is in Guatemala, Im in the united states, My lawyer is adding my assets to be safe and then My husband will take it in hand... Thank you for your input, I appreciate it :)

Also, from what we know, in Guatemala, they don't see women as stable sponsors, since most have children at some point and are then unemployed during their maternity leave, many opt to stay at home if they can. It might be a sexist and old world view, but this is a third world country and those views are still very much alive.

Well, I just sent him the updated sponser ship forms, We are using me again, because I make well over the amount needed, in addition to my assets, I surpass the amount needed, I did write a letter to the officer in hopes that would help. As far as your comment about them being a third world country, just remeber the people that are the interviewers are actually american. Haha. But, one of the 3 years I made just under the bar and my lawyers didnt put my assets in there, becuase your assets count as money in hand...So I am praying I will pass it this time...He recieved the papers yesterday and will be making his next appointment today so I will let you know how long that takes...I wish you the best of luck, and keeping my fingers crossed this time :)

I have a good feeling he will pass this time...

I hope sleepy.gif

Kassandra M. Martinez

Hopefully he does.

The interesting thing is that the reason every consulate is different is not because they are all americans but also that the ruling government also establishes their own rules and regulations for their citizens. That is why it is different in every country what they look out for and what they don't and what they demand. Also, the american officials live in this third world country and no matter what, you are influenced by the culture that is around you. I say this because we have seen several cases ironically where the Guatemalen consulate has given lone women sponsors a very hard time. We have also seen this in other third world countries, like the Dominican Republic and Jamaica to name some. My cousin in the Dominican Republic worked for the embassy, he is American born, and will tell you straight up that many of those who interview will automatically either deny or request more info if the sponsor is a woman, whether she has made enough or not.

But hopefully, with your resubmission everything will turn out fine.

Also, being american, as you know, does not free anyone from gender discrimination. Women, even here in the U.S., still do not receive igual pay as men. The white house website has a whole section on how we can help bridge the wage gap. It states, " On average, full-time working women earn just 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. This significant gap is more than a statistic -- it has real life consequences. When women, who make up nearly half the workforce, bring home less money each day, it means they have less for the everyday needs of their families, and over a lifetime of work, far less savings for retirement.

President Obama supports passage of the Paycheck Fairness Act, a comprehensive and commonsense bill that updates and strengthens the Equal Pay Act of 1963, which made it illegal for employers to pay unequal wages to men and women who perform substantially equal work."

http://m.whitehouse.gov/equal-pay/career

So, you see, this mind set is everywhere, maybe not as pronounced as in other countries, but we still do not live in a country with equal and sustainable pay for both men and women.

Your added assets should add the needed weight to your argument. I know it will come out ok because they would not want to seem to be discriminating because of gender. Prayers for all who are going thru this!!!

wooww your tottally right! Thank you soo much, I did the math and make more than enough with my assets.. They have resceduled his date for February 25th... like 6 weeks from now..can you believe that -_- not cool.. I tried to tell him to go ahead and make the appointment, but we wanted to make sure he had the papers in hand before we made it... O well, so now we wait and pray, Thank you for all your input and I pray for you and your family as well...

Kassandra M. Martinez

• 2 months later...

Hello, I just wanted to update this thread, I went down there, and talked to them...They did accept my updated sponsorship forms, turns out I was only 700.00 off, FOR THE YEAR, my lawyers mistake :( I can not stress how important it is to pay attention to your own application, don't trust in a lawyer 100 percent, there have been many many mistakes in my case, this one cost me 3 months. NOw I must wait, but she did how ever apply for an expidite, whether or not it will be approved I will keep you all posted. thank you...

Kassandra M. Martinez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.